Banomter/Hb meter

Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Question Banomter/Hb meter

Hi I'de appreciate some help, I am trying to fill in a skills checklist, maybe I am being dull but I can't for the life of me think what a banometer is, and by Hb meter, do you think they mean blood pressure monitor?

Thanks for reading this.
From Katie
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Banomter/Hb meter

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Hi I'de appreciate some help, I am trying to fill in a skills checklist, maybe I am being dull but I can't for the life of me think what a banometer is, and by Hb meter, do you think they mean blood pressure monitor?

Thanks for reading this.
From Katie
Hb is haemoglobin so must be device for measuring iron levels... never used one as all our bloods were done in the labs apart from glucose levels. Never heard of a banometer - have you done a google search
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

HB is iron, you are right I am really dull, I was thinking hb being the measurement of mercury therefore being a blood pressure monitor. Iron makes much more sense. We also send our blood to the labs for testing for iron.

I tried doing a google search for banometer didn't get very far, a sight came up about eye surgery I think so maybe it is something to do with testing the eyes.

Thanks for your help
From Katie
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

HB is iron, you are right I am really dull, I was thinking hb being the measurement of mercury therefore being a blood pressure monitor. Iron makes much more sense. We also send our blood to the labs for testing for iron.

I tried doing a google search for banometer didn't get very far, a sight came up about eye surgery I think so maybe it is something to do with testing the eyes.

Thanks for your help
From Katie
Unless it is a typing error and should say 'barometer' which measures pressure and may be an old fashioned word for blood pressure monitor
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reading this.
From Katie
OK ... so nothing to do with bananas then? Sorry couldn't resist it ... HEY I'm not a nurse!