Australia registration

Old Jun 21st 2012, 10:00 am
Just Joined

katix020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia registration

Hi,

I have had an interview for sydneys children hospital, and I am currently nursing in the UK. In the interview they were asking about if I had australian registration. I have looked into it and just wondering if anyone could give me advice as to which one to fill in! I have looked at te australian register and on one of the pages its says about completing the ILETS exam, however my friend moved over there at the start of this year and has not completed this exam. Any other tips of paperwork I need to get started is really appreciated!
Thanks again

Katie
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Australia registration

Originally Posted by katix020
Hi,

I have had an interview for sydneys children hospital, and I am currently nursing in the UK. In the interview they were asking about if I had australian registration. I have looked into it and just wondering if anyone could give me advice as to which one to fill in! I have looked at te australian register and on one of the pages its says about completing the ILETS exam, however my friend moved over there at the start of this year and has not completed this exam. Any other tips of paperwork I need to get started is really appreciated!
Thanks again

Katie
Hi Katie,
you only need to do IELTS if you have not done 5 years of schooling in English, that includes your training. That is for AHPRA registration but not sure if you would have to do a skills test which does include a IELTS test result
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

katix020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia registration

Oh ok thanks Shenni. Iv been looking through the form for the registration process and at the end when you need to pay the fees it states there are two different fees for NSW and the rest of Australia. I do not currently have a job set out so would not know where I would be based. Would applying for the rest of Australia be the better one to choose at the beginning and then if i received a job in NSW could i change it?
Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Australia registration

Originally Posted by katix020
Oh ok thanks Shenni. Iv been looking through the form for the registration process and at the end when you need to pay the fees it states there are two different fees for NSW and the rest of Australia. I do not currently have a job set out so would not know where I would be based. Would applying for the rest of Australia be the better one to choose at the beginning and then if i received a job in NSW could i change it?
Thanks
Hi Kate,
No idea why the difference unless its something like the police checks being different prices, it is suggested that you post docs to the slower offices such as Darwin or South Australia and you will get registration faster. It does not matter which office you register in as now once you are registered you can work anywhere in Oz instead of the old system where you could only work in the state you were registered in. Hope this is some help

Shenni