arghh - slow moving at the NMC!

Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default arghh - slow moving at the NMC!

I have just got to have a moan and rant at the NMC.
On their website it states you can request your verifications via email and a member of staff will ring you back to check and take payments details. tried that twice, no one phoned back. So wrote to them with all the details and payment (again, as instructed to do on their website) Checked bank statements, they have banked cheque 2 weeks ago but today got a letter saying I've got to fill in an application form before they can consider my request and asking for a further payment of £34. I did ask them why I've got to do this when they already accepted payment but received no clear answer.
Grrrrrrr!
I'm also trying to sort out my transcripts, usual story, school of nursing closed, cannot locate any info, so ANMC have asked for confirmation of my training etc to come from NMC, a common request according to the helpful lady at the ANMC. However, the NMC are behaving as though I've asked them to perform a miracle and seem unable to provide anything apart from an almost illegible copy of the general syllabus in place nationally when I trained.
Grrrrrr - again
I know the NMC have lots of other obligations but considering they are always putting up their fees and I've never asked them for anything before it is most annoying, put politely.
Sorry about that, feel better now (well, a bit!)
Sammy
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default Re: arghh - slow moving at the NMC!

Hi Sammy, I had similar probs with NMC regarding my transcripts. Phoned the first time, lady there assured me no such thing were kept at NMC, she was 100% positive despite me telling her i knew loadsa nurses that had requested them! Anyway, put the phone down, phoned again.....second lady said, "yes we used to send them, not any more", phone down again....third time phoned lady said "certainly, whats your name etc??" dead helpful......so the moral is try, try again! Their communication skills leave a lot to be desired.

We should start a new thread on what us nurses here actually think what NMC actually stands for!! If i put what i think it would cause a riot!!
Mox
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sammy T
On their website it states you can request your verifications via email and a member of staff will ring you back to check and take payments details. tried that twice, no one phoned back. So wrote to them with all the details and payment (again, as instructed to do on their website) Checked bank statements, they have banked cheque 2 weeks ago but today got a letter saying I've got to fill in an application form before they can consider my request and asking for a further payment of £34. I did ask them why I've got to do this when they already accepted payment but received no clear answer.
Grrrrrrr!
I'm also trying to sort out my transcripts, usual story, school of nursing closed, cannot locate any info, so ANMC have asked for confirmation of my training etc to come from NMC, a common request according to the helpful lady at the ANMC. However, the NMC are behaving as though I've asked them to perform a miracle and seem unable to provide anything apart from an almost illegible copy of the general syllabus in place nationally when I trained.
Grrrrrr - again
I know the NMC have lots of other obligations but considering they are always putting up their fees and I've never asked them for anything before it is most annoying, put politely.
Sammy
Hi Both,
I had the same probs re the transcript of training as I qualified in 1985 my school of nursing is loooong closed.
The ANMC sent me a form to fill in and then swear to in front of a solicitor to say that I completed my training on such and such date and got PIN no blah blah blah. That was easy and fine, though yet another thing to pay a solr for!
The NMC were useless with me too, I asked for a verification in Nov last year which, fair dues, they sent BUT as I expired and had to pay at end of Jan , by the time the ANMC looked at it I had expired in their eyes and had to pay ANOTHER £34.
When I queried it with them (NMC) they said "Oh, we would NEVER do that with such a short time to renewing..."
Dur, well, you did! Ummm, what service ARE we paying for exactly??
Arrrgghh!
Cathy.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about

Grrrrrrr!
Grrrrrr - again
Sammy
Hi Sammy,
Just read your thread. I had same problem when I moved to Ireland in '04. They cashed the cheque but denied having form. In my usual assertive way (bull in a chinashop), I threw a wobbly on the phone as I was supposed to be starting work, but couldn't register here because of NMC cock-up. Low and behold, they faxed me another form which I faxed back immediately. Problem solved- unfortunately not only did they send my verification to Ireland, but also to Holland (I think- somewhere over there anyway LOL).

Hope they sort it out for you soon

Moira
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm - think the NMC need a kick up the proverbial, don't you?
Sammy
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

What does the nmc really stand for hhhmmmm.....
NMC -N ursing M y arse off for a bunch of C omplete arseholes

Beth
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, quite agree!
Spent ages on phone yesterday, can't seem to speak to anyone who has the faintedt clue what I'm talking about, which seems quite strange when you think about the numbers of nurses emigrating.
Fingers crossed, I'll get throught to the right person next week.
Sammy
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Have pm'd you sammy with that info. Let me know if you get it.
Mo
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:57 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! you lot sound like you've had a right nightmare with them. Not sure whats happened since last year, but I had no problems with them whatsoever. I will try and find the details of the guy who delt with my enquiries and post it on here so it may help others in the process.....

.....I just hope he hasn't emigrated!

jackie x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:03 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Right ....his name is Edward Mingle and the phone number is 020 7333 9333

not sure if that is a direct number or a general number, but the other number for NMC is at bottom of the letter he sent me 020 7637 7181

Hope this is of some help to people!

jackie x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:43 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I had no problems 2 years ago - there must be a big influx of nurses wanting to leave the country - wonder why
hope you all get sorted soon.
Tracey
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys.
Still chasing them also for my verification, long story, they obviously recieved my request cos they banked the cheque, then sent me another letter saying I had to complete another form and pay again! They now reckon they never received first payment or letter, in which case why did they write to me about it!
Will try these numbers tomorrow.
Sammy
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:04 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks guys.
Still chasing them also for my verification, long story, they obviously recieved my request cos they banked the cheque, then sent me another letter saying I had to complete another form and pay again! They now reckon they never received first payment or letter, in which case why did they write to me about it!
Will try these numbers tomorrow.
Sammy
Similar thing has happened to me, they've cashed my cheque but no confirmation of the verification yet....they've got till Friday then I'm back on the phone
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Similar thing has happened to me, they've cashed my cheque but no confirmation of the verification yet....they've got till Friday then I'm back on the phone
Hi all

My monies for NMC verification got cashed 3/4/07 and I have only just got their letter today confirming that they have sent it to QNC, although the letter was dated 12/4/07.

So hopefully you should here from them soon.

Dawn
Old Apr 19th 2007, 5:38 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi all

My monies for NMC verification got cashed 3/4/07 and I have only just got their letter today confirming that they have sent it to QNC, although the letter was dated 12/4/07.

So hopefully you should here from them soon.

Dawn
My cheque went out of my account on 29 March, I'll phone them tomorrow if there's nothing in the post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.