anyone waiting?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

suzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone waiting?

Hi everyone!
The waiting is so so difficult is anyone feeling the same?
Myself, OH and 3 year old daughter are hoping to go to Perth, I am a mental health nurse and have got sponsorship from DoH in WA.
We have applied for a 121 Employer nominated permanent residency and although had our CO allocated in June we have not yet had a request for medicals.
Would love to hear if anyone in the same boat!
Suzanne.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: anyone waiting?

Hi

My situation is a bit different but I'm still waiting!!!

I'm a newly qualified midwife and am also sponsored by WA doh, I have a job at king edward mem hosp in perth. Because I have no experience I'm being sponsored for a 457 temp visa and will hopefully get perm once there .

We've had our meds but they've not been finalised yet (only received on 20/8) I know they do have a backlog of them at the minute - could you not have yours done and sent so it will hopefully speed up your process?

We're hoping to go jan 08 pending house sale which is not going too well :curse: in fact not going at all!!! Had one viewer in 2 months

julie x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:01 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzz
Hi everyone!
The waiting is so so difficult is anyone feeling the same?
Myself, OH and 3 year old daughter are hoping to go to Perth, I am a mental health nurse and have got sponsorship from DoH in WA.
We have applied for a 121 Employer nominated permanent residency and although had our CO allocated in June we have not yet had a request for medicals.
Would love to hear if anyone in the same boat!
Suzanne.

Not in the same boat but I am a Mental Health Nurse working in Perth When we got our visa it took 5 months with no front loading - we recieved our visa approx 4 weeks after having the medical.

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi

My situation is a bit different but I'm still waiting!!!

I'm a newly qualified midwife and am also sponsored by WA doh, I have a job at king edward mem hosp in perth. Because I have no experience I'm being sponsored for a 457 temp visa and will hopefully get perm once there .

We've had our meds but they've not been finalised yet (only received on 20/8) I know they do have a backlog of them at the minute - could you not have yours done and sent so it will hopefully speed up your process?

We're hoping to go jan 08 pending house sale which is not going too well :curse: in fact not going at all!!! Had one viewer in 2 months

julie x

Hello - I work at King Eddies
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Hello - I work at King Eddies [/QUOTE]

Hi,

Tell me its really nice, friendly, excellent wages and flattering uniform

How long have you been there? Where have you settled and how is the commute? Sorry, too many questions, I'm just so excited to start work - not managed to find any in UK and getting a bit scared I'll never practice
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:22 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hello - I work at King Eddies
Hi,

Tell me its really nice, friendly, excellent wages and flattering uniform

How long have you been there? Where have you settled and how is the commute? Sorry, too many questions, I'm just so excited to start work - not managed to find any in UK and getting a bit scared I'll never practice [/QUOTE]
I'm a bit different as I'm a RMN, work at the state Mother and Baby Unit based at the hospital thats just been built and moved from the old psych hospital.
Wages aren't as much as anyone would like but certainly livable with (the penalties are quite good), annual leave is not so good . Generally I like working there
I live way up north in Butler and it takes me 45 mins to drive.
Gillian
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Glad your enjoying it - thats the main thing when alls said and done isnt it?!

I read about the new unit, is it just RMN's who work there or do some midwives work there also?

Might see you at work someday

julie x
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:12 am
sme
......in the sand !

Glad your enjoying it - thats the main thing when alls said and done isnt it?!

I read about the new unit, is it just RMN's who work there or do some midwives work there also?

Might see you at work someday

julie x
We have some dual qualified nurses and one lone midwife as well as ENs and Mothercraft nurses.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Suzanne In a similar position we are being sponsored (Brisbane) too sent police checks with application and had medicals about 3 weeks ago so was hoping to hear soon but have been on immigration section of this forum and lots of people saying medicals are taking 6-8 weeks to process at Sydney before being given ok and passed on to processing centre was hoping to go beginning of Nov. We are staying up late tonight and going to ring sydney medical processing centre see what the situation is will let you know if I find anything out!!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: anyone waiting?

Hi thanks for all your replies,
How did it go Tillysmum, when you rang the medical processing centre, fingers crossed you will be there by Nov.

Hi Julie, Good luck with house sale. My friend was in similar position, she is now in Perth on a 457 living in Mindarie. She did not want to wait for her house to sell so just rented it out. They are loving it and have just applied for a 136 visa.

Hi Gillian.
So are you enjoying working in Oz? I am a CPN in Manchester at the moment but have got a Job as staff nurse in Bentley, if i ever get the visa. I am nervous about going back to the wards as it has been so long. Hopefully will all come back to me when i start there. How long have you been there? Oh and where is King Eddies.

I am new to this hope its ok to reply to all of you like this?

Suzanne.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi thanks for all your replies,
How did it go Tillysmum, when you rang the medical processing centre, fingers crossed you will be there by Nov.

Hi Julie, Good luck with house sale. My friend was in similar position, she is now in Perth on a 457 living in Mindarie. She did not want to wait for her house to sell so just rented it out. They are loving it and have just applied for a 136 visa.

Hi Gillian.
So are you enjoying working in Oz? I am a CPN in Manchester at the moment but have got a Job as staff nurse in Bentley, if i ever get the visa. I am nervous about going back to the wards as it has been so long. Hopefully will all come back to me when i start there. How long have you been there? Oh and where is King Eddies.

I am new to this hope its ok to reply to all of you like this?

Suzanne.
Thanks . the waiting is the worst thing. King eddies is in Subiaco, Perth x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Gillian.

Suzanne.

I had been a CPN for nearly 10 years within a perinatal mental health team back in the UK so returning to the wards esp. in a new country was daunting to say the least . Its all good though - psych patients are psych patients the world over - same symptoms and illnesses !
I'm enjoying working on a ward again, it's a great way to feel part of a team and supported by colleagues who can help out with things like MHA and drug names (they tend to use trade names).
If you want any help etc ,give me a shout I'm more than happy to help
Gillian
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

HI Gillian
Thanks for the post, I am sure i will have loads more questions so would be great if i can ask you.
Oh it made me laugh when I read your post on the "to lie or or not lie" thread. I would have said the same as you- spot the psych nurses a mile away!! Just to clarify for anyone else reading this it was not the original post that amused me, just Gillians.
Suzanne.