ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Default Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not seen that reported anywhere else at all. Bearing in mind that other people who have phoned them have got a different answer to things every time they ring, I'd be tempted to call them again.............
Think you may be right as another post said a friend of theirs had just received their registration from AHPRA after waiting 3 months.. who knows eh??

ruth
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by nessie1970
Hi

Link for registration form:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Forms.aspx

Its the overseas one you will need to complete ( second form listed).

I contacted my local police dept and they directed me to their website where I was able to download the application form, the check costs £10 and can take up to 40 days. Mine came in today after 3 weeks of waiting.

Had to contact AHPRA again re where to post the form and they got back to me within 24hrs!

Good luck

Nessie
Hi Nessie,

It only took 3 weeks to get your registration?? Thats amazing! lucky you.. Where are you heading in Aus. I will contact AHPRA again this week and see if there has been any progress with my application. Perhaps the lady I spoke too new nothing and I'm best speaking to someone else, very difficult to get in touch with them with the time difference.

Fingers crossed I will be registered soon.

Ruth
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:41 am
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ruthnurse
Hi Nessie,

It only took 3 weeks to get your registration?? Thats amazing! lucky you.. Where are you heading in Aus. I will contact AHPRA again this week and see if there has been any progress with my application. Perhaps the lady I spoke too new nothing and I'm best speaking to someone else, very difficult to get in touch with them with the time difference.

Fingers crossed I will be registered soon.

Ruth

Hi Ruth

It took 3 weeks for my police check to come through, I'm just about to send my forms to APHRA.

I'm off to Melbourne to work as a psychiatric nurse, going on a 457 visa.

Let us know how you get on with APHRA - their website is a nightmare!

Nessie
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living by the sea in Seamill in the West of Scotland
MAS1M is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Originally Posted by ruthnurse
I sent my application to AHPRA 3 weeks ago in Queensland, I called them the other morning and YES they have my application.. However, they then went on to say that they are NOT processing any overseas applications at the moment and that they have NO process in place to register me!! They then went on to say that they WILL take my money pending the process...

Has anyone else heard this??? I feel I have hit another brick wall?? In response to your query if they have taken the money I assume that something must be happening regarding the process.. however the lady on the telephone new nothing!!! I have emailed them direct and heard nothing!

Ruth
Hi Ruth,
I submitted my paperwork to the Victoria Nursing Board in May and the fee for same was taken on 4th June however my application wasn't processed (reason unknown) and mid July my documents were returned to me with the new AHPRA application form. I duly returned the application with the additional information as requested and since then I have contacted AHPRA frequently for updates on its progress
only to be told that they are not processing overseas applicants as they are still awaiting guidelines on how to do same. I find this incredible that a national organisation would be set up without such important guidelines being set in place. I have contacted AHPRA through their website several times to express my concerns but as yet have recieved no response. I have seen online forums that confirm I'm not alone in this situation however I really feel it is unacceptable. Myself and my family are desperate to start our new life in Victoria and I have a job that I am desperate to start in Ringwood Hospital and I am really worried that I will lose this opportunity as my start date as already been put back as the hospital are unable to apply for my visa until I have recieved my registration. Today I have also sent an email to Daniel Andrews who is the minister of health for Victoria advising him of the situation and asking for assistance in resolving same.

Regards

Maggie
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

bethnphoebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have noticed today that my payment to Ahpra has left my account. This is from when I applied to them at the begining of July.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Location: Living by the sea in Seamill in the West of Scotland
MAS1M is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bethnphoebe
Hi,
I have noticed today that my payment to Ahpra has left my account. This is from when I applied to them at the begining of July.
When did it actually leave your account, mine left my account on 04/06/10 but it hasn't sped up my application
Old Oct 13th 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still trying to get all my paperwork together for my AHPRA application !! Do I need include a transcript of my qualification ?

My checklist at the moment includes:
ID (passport)
Copy of qualification
Transcript of qualification
Signed CV
Letter from current employee
Police check
Certificate from NMC - to be sent direct to APHRA

Have I missed anything?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

michellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nicemichellemg is just really nice

Hi
Can anybody advice me ,reg: ahpra registration
My assessment for registration as a general nurse has completed in 2008 .I got a letter from nursing board of south australia after that , stating I got 2 years to complete my registration which finishing in december 2010 .Last month I sent new ahpra application form with supporting documents as per the advice from ahpra adelaide office , and they got it.Now they are asking me to come to their office to complete the registration when i rang them .
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

vicstick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm a UK nurse also registered to work in NZ so have applied to AHPRA under the trans-mutual recognition pathway. I posted my form to the PO BOX number and where it asked for 'Your Capital City' address it to Perth WA as that is where I will be living and working. I only posted it 1 month ago, no idea if it's got there, now even doubting i've sent it to the right place. No reply from various emails....staring to panic a little now. Should I ring? Which number would you suggest? No number is listed for the Perth office (assuming there is actually one!).
V
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Psyche28 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello bethnphoebe,

how are you doing with your nurse registration with AHPRA? are you registred now?????
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:38 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Where on the application form does it say you have to submit a police check?

All I can find is the declaration where you give permission for them to do a police check.

Have I missed a bit?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:02 am
Just Joined

vicstick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope I don't think so, I didn't send one with my application and am now registered with them. My husband has just sent his of to medical side of AHPRA and just had to sign that he was happy for them to check his history. You will need a police check for visa though.
V
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:05 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicstick
Nope I don't think so, I didn't send one with my application and am now registered with them. My husband has just sent his of to medical side of AHPRA and just had to sign that he was happy for them to check his history. You will need a police check for visa though.
V
That's what I thought - thanks Vic
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

The_Hallsters is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Hi, this is the first time I have put anything on the forum as quite new to it so hope do it right!
I agree the APHRA website and application form are very complicated. Thought I had just about got my head round it but am worried about the posts saying you need to send of a police check with the application-where does it say that please?
Also I am stumped my Q6 which asks for the address of your principal place of employment in Australia. I am currently waiting to hear about a job through an agency but don't have any definite address for the job. Anybody know what you are supposed to put for this?
Thanks!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:38 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by The_Hallsters
Hi, this is the first time I have put anything on the forum as quite new to it so hope do it right!
I agree the APHRA website and application form are very complicated. Thought I had just about got my head round it but am worried about the posts saying you need to send of a police check with the application-where does it say that please?
Also I am stumped my Q6 which asks for the address of your principal place of employment in Australia. I am currently waiting to hear about a job through an agency but don't have any definite address for the job. Anybody know what you are supposed to put for this?
Thanks!
Hi, and welcome to B.E

For question 6 I think I'm just going to put my work address even though it's currently in the UK.
We don't need to send police checks - we just sign the declaration. As a previous poster has said, police checks are just needed for the visa application.
Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.