ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

bethnphoebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Hello,
Could anyone help me please. I lodged an application with QNC in June. Early July my documents got returned to me and I was told to apply to AHPRA. I filled in application and sent it off to a PO Box address in Melbourne, as at the end of the application form it clearly says that that is where postal applications should be lodged. I have today telephoned AHPRA to see what is happening and was told that I was wrong and I should have sent it direct to AHPRA in queensland. Now I have been transferred to several people , none of whom can see me on the system! I'm unsure whether I should send another application off! I have the packers coming today and where as I should be excited I'm terrified that rego won't come through before I move in October.
Has anyone got any clarity from AHPRA?

Thanks
Beth
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Have they taken any money from you?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

No they haven't taken anything.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if QNC were anything to go by, this is the first thing they do.
It may well be worth re-submitting your application to QLD. Any idea how long they are taking with applications? It should be a quiet time for them at the mo.
Lots of luck & hopefully you will get some more replies soon
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Can anyone confirm the address of where to send my application of 2 for nursing in Brisbane. I thought everything went to Melbourne but apparently not!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

lisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant futurelisa-ann-marie has a brilliant future

My daughter had similar problems- sent everything off to QNC but due to change over to AHPRA was all sent back with the new form and more requirements. One of her certified documents is missing and no replies to e-mails. Please tell me if you sent same certified documents to AHPRA and did you have to get the same person to sign the new application and c.v. Don't see any other address in Queensland that you could have sent your one to. It states clearly Melbourne.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

lindylui is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lisa-ann-marie
My daughter had similar problems- sent everything off to QNC but due to change over to AHPRA was all sent back with the new form and more requirements. One of her certified documents is missing and no replies to e-mails. Please tell me if you sent same certified documents to AHPRA and did you have to get the same person to sign the new application and c.v. Don't see any other address in Queensland that you could have sent your one to. It states clearly Melbourne.
Hi, when i applied from overseas it did take a little bit longer.
As for AHPRA you send it to GPO Box 9958 (in your capital city)
Brisbane etc, hope this helps
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

On the Home page of the AHPRA site there is a Contact Us link in the very bottom corner, takes you to THIS PAGE

That should help with addresses.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

I did get an email response from them re a query I had. Took 10 days for them to respond. I find their website a bit of a nightmare and not user friendly at all

I have finally managed to figure it all out though and I am just waiting for my police check to come through and I will be posting off my documents.

Good luck, seems to take 3 months to process.

Nessie
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nessie1970
I did get an email response from them re a query I had. Took 10 days for them to respond. I find their website a bit of a nightmare and not user friendly at all

I have finally managed to figure it all out though and I am just waiting for my police check to come through and I will be posting off my documents.

Good luck, seems to take 3 months to process.

Nessie
Hi Nessie,

How did you go about getting the police check?

Also, do you maybe have a link to the application form as I need to get mine processed asap and am finding the site rather difficult to figure out.

Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Zeneco26 is on a distinguished road

Hi there! You can get the police check through this link...
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
I got it through the HR department from the hospital I will be working in. I only qualified last September, been working as a nurse since November 2009 but when I went to see them in melbourne last June they told me they didn't mind a lot if experience. I got offered the job after doing the interview at beginning if July and after the references. I would definitely register in ahpra first as it might be stressful and a lengthy process!!! Good luck!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Mittens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zeneco26
Hi there! You can get the police check through this link...
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
I got it through the HR department from the hospital I will be working in. I only qualified last September, been working as a nurse since November 2009 but when I went to see them in melbourne last June they told me they didn't mind a lot if experience. I got offered the job after doing the interview at beginning if July and after the references. I would definitely register in ahpra first as it might be stressful and a lengthy process!!! Good luck!
Lovely, thank you so much.

Do you maybe have a link to the application form on the aphra website?

Did you go over specifically to look for jobs?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by bethnphoebe
Hello,
Could anyone help me please. I lodged an application with QNC in June. Early July my documents got returned to me and I was told to apply to AHPRA. I filled in application and sent it off to a PO Box address in Melbourne, as at the end of the application form it clearly says that that is where postal applications should be lodged. I have today telephoned AHPRA to see what is happening and was told that I was wrong and I should have sent it direct to AHPRA in queensland. Now I have been transferred to several people , none of whom can see me on the system! I'm unsure whether I should send another application off! I have the packers coming today and where as I should be excited I'm terrified that rego won't come through before I move in October.
Has anyone got any clarity from AHPRA?

Thanks
Beth
I sent my application to AHPRA 3 weeks ago in Queensland, I called them the other morning and YES they have my application.. However, they then went on to say that they are NOT processing any overseas applications at the moment and that they have NO process in place to register me!! They then went on to say that they WILL take my money pending the process...

Has anyone else heard this??? I feel I have hit another brick wall?? In response to your query if they have taken the money I assume that something must be happening regarding the process.. however the lady on the telephone new nothing!!! I have emailed them direct and heard nothing!

Ruth
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruthnurse
I sent my application to AHPRA 3 weeks ago in Queensland, I called them the other morning and YES they have my application.. However, they then went on to say that they are NOT processing any overseas applications at the moment and that they have NO process in place to register me!! They then went on to say that they WILL take my money pending the process...

Has anyone else heard this??? I feel I have hit another brick wall?? In response to your query if they have taken the money I assume that something must be happening regarding the process.. however the lady on the telephone new nothing!!! I have emailed them direct and heard nothing!

Ruth
Not seen that reported anywhere else at all. Bearing in mind that other people who have phoned them have got a different answer to things every time they ring, I'd be tempted to call them again.............
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mittens
Lovely, thank you so much.

Do you maybe have a link to the application form on the aphra website?

Did you go over specifically to look for jobs?
Hi

Link for registration form:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Forms.aspx

Its the overseas one you will need to complete ( second form listed).

I contacted my local police dept and they directed me to their website where I was able to download the application form, the check costs £10 and can take up to 40 days. Mine came in today after 3 weeks of waiting.

Had to contact AHPRA again re where to post the form and they got back to me within 24hrs!

Good luck

Nessie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.