ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

The_Hallsters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

Thanks for that I just put my current work place.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Lizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MAS1M
Hi Ruth,
I submitted my paperwork to the Victoria Nursing Board in May and the fee for same was taken on 4th June however my application wasn't processed (reason unknown) and mid July my documents were returned to me with the new AHPRA application form. I duly returned the application with the additional information as requested and since then I have contacted AHPRA frequently for updates on its progress
only to be told that they are not processing overseas applicants as they are still awaiting guidelines on how to do same. I find this incredible that a national organisation would be set up without such important guidelines being set in place. I have contacted AHPRA through their website several times to express my concerns but as yet have recieved no response. I have seen online forums that confirm I'm not alone in this situation however I really feel it is unacceptable. Myself and my family are desperate to start our new life in Victoria and I have a job that I am desperate to start in Ringwood Hospital and I am really worried that I will lose this opportunity as my start date as already been put back as the hospital are unable to apply for my visa until I have recieved my registration. Today I have also sent an email to Daniel Andrews who is the minister of health for Victoria advising him of the situation and asking for assistance in resolving same.

Regards

Maggie
Hi just wondering if you had any joy with the minister for health supporting your application to AHPRA. I am considering doing the same or similar, fed up with waiting, being told wrong info, and now trying to keep a job open till rego comes through, which could be in 3-4 months, who knows!!! Would love to know how you got on. Thanks Lizzard.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lizzard
Hi just wondering if you had any joy with the minister for health supporting your application to AHPRA. I am considering doing the same or similar, fed up with waiting, being told wrong info, and now trying to keep a job open till rego comes through, which could be in 3-4 months, who knows!!! Would love to know how you got on. Thanks Lizzard.
Hi

I recently contacted David Davis Health Minister for Victoria,, who promptly responded to my email asking to arrange a time to speak with me. Despite emailing him back twice he failed to email me again. If you look up the online newspaper The Age.com and enter AHPRA into their search engine you will find there has been a lot of contact with AHPRA and health ministers so hopefully things may be moving.

I submitted my application to AHPRA in September 2010. I recently wrote a written complaint to them and hey presto my money has finally been taken from my account. I won't hold my breath though!

I think the mess on the home front is being sorted out first before us international nurses are being looked at though.

Good luck you will get there in the end.

Nessie
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Psyche28 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone,

I sent my application July 2010 was on granted only in March 2011. I waited that long. Ahpra have lots of backlogs to process and they process application by date of receipt of the application. I submitted my papers July and was looked at February. Probably by now, they are working on applications received August or September. It will be a long waiting though and needs tantamount of patience and perseverance. I went through depression since i have been out of work for almost a year now, just working on all this rego process. Good luck to all of you and i hope you all will extend ur patience coz its the only least thing we can do. Many complaints have been brought to the higher court that's why things are getting a bit faster now.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:41 am
Just Joined

stressed. is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: ANYONE HAD LUCK WITH AHPRA

I never thought the day would come - but I finally have my registration!
It took 6 months.
SO happy!
Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Psyche28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations stressed! really happy for you!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

nessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nicenessie1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nessie1970
Hi

I recently contacted David Davis Health Minister for Victoria,, who promptly responded to my email asking to arrange a time to speak with me. Despite emailing him back twice he failed to email me again. If you look up the online newspaper The Age.com and enter AHPRA into their search engine you will find there has been a lot of contact with AHPRA and health ministers so hopefully things may be moving.

I submitted my application to AHPRA in September 2010. I recently wrote a written complaint to them and hey presto my money has finally been taken from my account. I won't hold my breath though!

I think the mess on the home front is being sorted out first before us international nurses are being looked at though.

Good luck you will get there in the end.

Nessie ;

)
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/de...322-1c5be.html