Anyone applied for visa (136) before getting ANMC result

Old May 30th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future
Default Anyone applied for visa (136) before getting ANMC result

Hi,

As with most of you guys, we want to be in Oz NOW!!!!
Also our boy (11) starts new school (here and in Oz) this year. School here is really dead time for him and Oz year starts in January.

We were thinking of applying for our 136 as soon as we get ANMC confirmation (sent off last week). I know its a bit risky, but from this forum it seems very few people seem to fail ANMC. My experience is recent and we can't really see any issues.

Any thoughts appreciated

Caroline
Old May 30th 2007, 9:46 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone applied for visa (136) before getting ANMC result

Originally Posted by carlap
Hi,

As with most of you guys, we want to be in Oz NOW!!!!
Also our boy (11) starts new school (here and in Oz) this year. School here is really dead time for him and Oz year starts in January.

We were thinking of applying for our 136 as soon as we get ANMC confirmation (sent off last week). I know its a bit risky, but from this forum it seems very few people seem to fail ANMC. My experience is recent and we can't really see any issues.

Any thoughts appreciated

Caroline
You can apply anytime but they will not process it without the skills assessment especially if you are a nurse.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
You can apply anytime but they will not process it without the skills assessment especially if you are a nurse.
The 47SK form question 57 asks if you have applied for a skills assessment and the reference number, so there is provision for an application without a result. As it seems to take weeks for acknowledgements and months for a CO, they don't seem to do much with the applications anyway.

I just want to take up some of this dead time (at my own risk)

Caroline
Old May 30th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

Originally Posted by carlap
The 47SK form question 57 asks if you have applied for a skills assessment and the reference number, so there is provision for an application without a result. As it seems to take weeks for acknowledgements and months for a CO, they don't seem to do much with the applications anyway.

I just want to take up some of this dead time (at my own risk)

Caroline
hi, I am waiting for my results back from ANMC sent 9 weeks ago!
I like you am very impatient and have the visa ready to send as soon as i can. I thought i could send application because it says have you applied.....?! etc. However if you read the question before (Q54 on new document) it asks is this an application for...... and if it is an oofshore application go straight to question 56 which asks have you obtained a skills assessment!
I hope this is clear please dont hesitate to fire away more questions!!!!!!!
I know all this waiting is so frustrating but it will be woth it!
lorraine
Old May 30th 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
I like you am very impatient and have the visa ready to send as soon as i can. I thought i could send application because it says have you applied.....?! etc. However if you read the question before (Q54 on new document) it asks is this an application for...... and if it is an oofshore application go straight to question 56 which asks have you obtained a skills assessment!
lorraine
gsxrmad,

you are spot on, thanks for that. I guess I am just trying to see what I want to see - which is most dangerous

Caroline
Old May 30th 2007, 4:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
In fact the application will be returned as invalid if no skill assessment is provided.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
lorraine
I have waited and glad I did it has taken over 12 weeks for ANMC to write to me to tell me that I was 2 docs short even though I had phoned them x2 over that time and been assured that all was OK it apparently wasn't and at this rate could have been approved for visa before ANMC but obviousy that can't happen as you do need your assessment first. Be patient the wait is long for the skills assessment even if they say 6-8 weeks it isn't!
Helen