Any problems if only part time?

Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default Any problems if only part time?

Hi again all - my partner is also a registered nurse, she only works part time (18.75hrs per week) as we have an 18 month old daughter. Will this affect our application at all?

We are applying on a 175 visa, i am the main applicant, and work fulltime, with my partner going on as my defacto spouse (12 years togther).

AFAIK we should be OK, just want to check.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice
Default Re: Any problems if only part time?

hi there,

your partners employment should not affect your application to DIAC as you are the main applicant and work full time.

not sure if this would affect a dual applicant, but as she is goin as de facto then it should not affect you!

i am not sure if your partners hours will get registered/recognised in the state that you wish to emigrate too, if she wishes to work.

i am sure someone else will come along with that info for you.

suzie
x
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

it won't be a problem as you are the main applicant and working full time.

I work about the same hours as you wife and therefore cannot apply for a 175 visa, but i can still get a 457 or a ENS visa, and there is no problem with registering for a license with any of the states as i have evidence of practice in the past 5 years, it is literally just the 175 visa where the stipulations are full time work
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

jamesanya is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I correct in thinking then that if you go on a 175 visa you have to work full time; if this is the case can you ever reduce your hours? Because of course I understand that you can apply for this visa even if you have done the 20 hours a week over the 2 year period.