Any other nurses affected by recent changes?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any other nurses affected by recent changes?

anyone else affected by the removal of modl and the change in points sytem?
I am ... although i should be used to it by now as this is the 3rd goal post move that has affected us! (started on the trail about 8 years ago).
I was relying on the extra 20 points for being on modl+job offer - thats gone now so i only have 100 points. we wanted to be applying by may/june and moving as soon as we got the visa (hopefully by the end of the year), but thats on hold now as our only options are temp/ens (SS (for SA) would take us too long to get the prerequisite finances together).

are any other nurses affected?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any other nurses affected by recent changes?

aww no I did wonder if you would be affected it is beyond me how they work this stuff out to be honest, a nurse with your experience should be having the door held open for them... I wonder if anyone has pointed out to Senator Evans that his new hairbrain scheme has just set back quite a few people who have skills that Australia actually need.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, most people are of the opinion that nurses will be on the SOL
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:37 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itsmylife
aww no I did wonder if you would be affected it is beyond me how they work this stuff out to be honest, a nurse with your experience should be having the door held open for them... I wonder if anyone has pointed out to Senator Evans that his new hairbrain scheme has just set back quite a few people who have skills that Australia actually need.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, most people are of the opinion that nurses will be on the SOL
thanks angela,
its puzzling how they work these things out, isnt it??
just hope the new points test/visa system is fairer ...
sue x
Old Feb 15th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
thanks angela,
its puzzling how they work these things out, isnt it??
just hope the new points test/visa system is fairer ...
sue x
I am a nurse too Sue and I am one of the lucky ones who lodged before 8th Feb. All I can say is, and Iv said it many times on BE forum, that the only ones qualifying now seem to be those under 30! Even these people are finding it so hard. DIAC will have to change its points system. Like Angela said, they should be holding the doors open but instead they have caused a lot of heartache for people who are desperately needed. However, I am sure that they will have to review and change their requirements. You will be fine, you got this far and everything comes to those who wait. Lots and lots of luck
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by wilson01
I am a nurse too Sue and I am one of the lucky ones who lodged before 8th Feb. All I can say is, and Iv said it many times on BE forum, that the only ones qualifying now seem to be those under 30! Even these people are finding it so hard. DIAC will have to change its points system. Like Angela said, they should be holding the doors open but instead they have caused a lot of heartache for people who are desperately needed. However, I am sure that they will have to review and change their requirements. You will be fine, you got this far and everything comes to those who wait. Lots and lots of luck
thanks amanda,
lets hope you are right
sue
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:12 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
anyone else affected by the removal of modl and the change in points sytem?
I am ... although i should be used to it by now as this is the 3rd goal post move that has affected us! (started on the trail about 8 years ago).
I was relying on the extra 20 points for being on modl+job offer - thats gone now so i only have 100 points. we wanted to be applying by may/june and moving as soon as we got the visa (hopefully by the end of the year), but thats on hold now as our only options are temp/ens (SS (for SA) would take us too long to get the prerequisite finances together).

are any other nurses affected?

Too right 'give you a break' - its bizarre that the emphasis of the changes and the review of CSL in June is motivated by not filling the skills shortage by the current system -.......Well, kinda feels like these changes, discriminating against people like yourself, has just added to gaps!! Where is you vision, DIAC
that the changes yet to be announced will catapult you to the top of any future list - hang on in there
All the best! and Good Luck
A
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by rahrah
Too right 'give you a break' - its bizarre that the emphasis of the changes and the review of CSL in June is motivated by not filling the skills shortage by the current system -.......Well, kinda feels like these changes, discriminating against people like yourself, has just added to gaps!! Where is you vision, DIAC
that the changes yet to be announced will catapult you to the top of any future list - hang on in there
All the best! and Good Luck
A
thanks rahrah,
it would be nice if we could get to the top of the list for once ... this is about the 3rd time in around 8 years that the goalposts have been moved and we have lost points. guess my worst case scenario was that i got to 45 without actually getting an application in!!
sue x