Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
PS... just thinking Hep B bit of a waste of time as we are all suposed to have had our shots for that and be clear anyway...I was told last time I should be clear for life. Hope I haven't got C... and feel to fit for a touch of HIV.
Not always the case.

I have never had a Hep B jab as I have not been involved in any procedures which would necessitate it for over 25 years. In those days we did not have them.

I need to check if I will need one if I intend to work in Australia

G
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:41 pm
ad4ozz

Arrow Re: Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

Nothing ever clear re medicals.... why don't DIMIA just put on their web site what bloods etc they want for medicals then we wouldn't all be rocking in the corner or pulling our hair our... .

Anyone found a magical bit on DIMIA with all the answers

Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:41 pm
ad4ozz

Any body else had a recent medical...ours are still to come and in typical nursing form totallllly paranoid about them. Like any nurse a headache is a brain tumour and a bang to a leg is a fracture... .

Bring on the medical encounters.

Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Any body else had a recent medical...ours are still to come and in typical nursing form totallllly paranoid about them. Like any nurse a headache is a brain tumour and a bang to a leg is a fracture... .

Bring on the medical encounters.
Hi and seasons greeting to one and all especially Grayling as already said many of your thoughts and information have I am sure soothed and cheered many, in the this wonderfully weird other world that we are all so enamoured and engrossed by!

I have just booked the CXR x 4 for Jan 21 in Bristol, hopefully followed the next week by meds. Am expecting Hep c, Hep B and HIV testing at the cost of £175 for fam of 4 . We are nerous of meds as youngest daughter just diagnosed with a birth defect at the tender age of 17 1/2 . Having to see a neurosurgeon hopefully before meds so we can get a letter from him to explain all, as already said in this thread, anything off norm can hold up the whole voyage!!!

So could you all keep your fingers crossed for us

Thanks
Old Dec 21st 2004, 9:03 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie63
Hi and seasons greeting to one and all especially Grayling as already said many of your thoughts and information have I am sure soothed and cheered many, in the this wonderfully weird other world that we are all so enamoured and engrossed by!

I have just booked the CXR x 4 for Jan 21 in Bristol, hopefully followed the next week by meds. Am expecting Hep c, Hep B and HIV testing at the cost of £175 for fam of 4 . We are nerous of meds as youngest daughter just diagnosed with a birth defect at the tender age of 17 1/2 . Having to see a neurosurgeon hopefully before meds so we can get a letter from him to explain all, as already said in this thread, anything off norm can hold up the whole voyage!!!

So could you all keep your fingers crossed for us

Thanks
Good luck with the medicals - you will be fine, try not to worry about it. I need to think about booking our medicals for the new year too, I can't believe its xmas on saturday - i am in some sort of denial at the minute as not done any wrapping or anything. Already started the xmas and need to go to my bed now as have work in the morning!

Will no doubt be on soon asking you guys 'medical q's' as forms once again seem very unclear and ambiguous
Old Dec 21st 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Good luck with the medicals - you will be fine, try not to worry about it. I need to think about booking our medicals for the new year too, I can't believe its xmas on saturday - i am in some sort of denial at the minute as not done any wrapping or anything. Already started the xmas and need to go to my bed now as have work in the morning!

Will no doubt be on soon asking you guys 'medical q's' as forms once again seem very unclear and ambiguous
Ahh now xmas boozo mmmmm yes , well I have the coffee and Baileys!! Think I'm in denial!! Looking forward to doing all my food shopping wednesday night (pay day!!) then pressie shopping on ?? Yes you got it Christmas EVE!!!!!! ARRRGGGGG oh boy I just keep telling myself it was all worth the trip to Bris in Nov !

Don't knock yourself out at work tomorrow

Have a good noghts sleep!

Charlie
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 2:03 pm
ad4ozz

Next door neighbour had his medical in Newcastle, got it withing 1 week of asking...think we are ok up North can get them quick compared to South.

He said nothing flash just checked his weight, felt his balls and did BP....but he is not a nurse so didn't need the bloods.

One thing he did say is if you wear glasses you need to take your prescription from opticians and don't forget the passport photo.

Medical forms are only available online by email request (posted to your house) for anyone looking in and not downloadable from DIMIA site.

Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:04 pm

Thought I would bump this thread back up to the top. I am a bit behind everyone else and am going to get medicals booked for end of January when everywhere reopens!

So just to clarify, I will need:

Forms requested via e-mail ([email protected])Form 26 medical and form 160, X-rays.

I will need:

CXR for me and hubbie
HIV/AIDS blood test
Hepatitis B + C blood test (is it just a blood test or a vaccination as well?)
Can't remember what I have already been vaccinated against in nursing? Is it Hep B? Do I have to be vaccinated again?

Any help from all you old hands would be really appreciated as don't want to get it wrong. I am going to frontload my application with medicals and police checks - bit worried about this thing about application going to adelaide but medicals to Sydney, can anyone shed more light on this?

Thanks Lynn
Old Dec 29th 2004, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi lynn

you should of had hep B a course of 3 then a booster after 5 yrs, if you are unsure what you have had contact occy health
the general concensus is that after the booster you should be covered but it might be worth having your titres checked
it may be worth having tet/dip/polio (combined inj these days) updated if not had in the last ten years

hope this helps

Jackie
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:31 am
ad4ozz

Like they just said you should have had Hep B plus boosters.
Some people have also been asked for MRSA swabs but think that depends on the doctor and where you work.

Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thought I would bump this thread back up to the top. I am a bit behind everyone else and am going to get medicals booked for end of January when everywhere reopens!

So just to clarify, I will need:

Forms requested via e-mail ([email protected])Form 26 medical and form 160, X-rays.

I will need:

CXR for me and hubbie
HIV/AIDS blood test
Hepatitis B + C blood test (is it just a blood test or a vaccination as well?)
Can't remember what I have already been vaccinated against in nursing? Is it Hep B? Do I have to be vaccinated again?

Any help from all you old hands would be really appreciated as don't want to get it wrong. I am going to frontload my application with medicals and police checks - bit worried about this thing about application going to adelaide but medicals to Sydney, can anyone shed more light on this?

Thanks Lynn
hi lynn we are at the same stage as you,we have the pcc back just ringing for qoutes for med /xrays.
on the med form it asks you if you have submitted the application.if you answer NO ,it says "you must make sure that this unopened envelope accompanies the application for a visa when it is submitted" it also says,"NOTE if you have not lodged the application,ensure that question 12 of part A is complete." that question asks you which office do you intend to lodge the application.
debs
Old Dec 30th 2004, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by purple swatch
hi lynn we are at the same stage as you,we have the pcc back just ringing for qoutes for med /xrays.
on the med form it asks you if you have submitted the application.if you answer NO ,it says "you must make sure that this unopened envelope accompanies the application for a visa when it is submitted" it also says,"NOTE if you have not lodged the application,ensure that question 12 of part A is complete." that question asks you which office do you intend to lodge the application.
debs
Thanks for that Debs, have e-mailed to request medical forms but nothing yet (prob shut over hols till 4th January)

Will book medicals when everywhere reopens in January (was hoping to get mine and marcs skills assessments back 1st). Don't have police checks yet - again we will request them start of January. Not sure what I have to ask for at police station as we live in Scotland? Have read something about it before, think I need a Scottish and national police check or something, but not sure.

Lynn
Old Jan 1st 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jacs
Hi lynn

you should of had hep B a course of 3 then a booster after 5 yrs, if you are unsure what you have had contact occy health
the general concensus is that after the booster you should be covered but it might be worth having your titres checked
it may be worth having tet/dip/polio (combined inj these days) updated if not had in the last ten years

hope this helps

Jackie
Hi Jackie, Happy new year too you all, how is your application coming along ours goes in post this week to ANMC, talk to you soon. Love Chris
Old Jan 1st 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Any midwives out there?

Happy New Year to you all

Chris