Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

Old Dec 6th 2004, 8:49 pm
ad4ozz

Default Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

Hi

Just want to check with any nurses trying for 136 Visa which tests did you have to have done on top of the standard ones. IE. Hep C, Aids, MRSA etc. ???

Old Dec 6th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any nurses just had medical that DIMIA passed for 136 Visa

No MRSA (don't think so anyway), just the hepatitis + HIV.
The medical is quite basic really, no fbc, u&e, lft's etc.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:33 pm
ad4ozz

Cheers Primrose...it's awful quite on here at the moment....everyone must have already made it to Oz and forgot about us... .

Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:39 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
everyone must have already made it to Oz and forgot about us... .

...or are sulking cos they cant get there quick enough!!!!
im quite fed up of the whole thing at the moment........but i keep nipping in for my expats fix!

I had wondered about the blood tests......is everyone tested for hiv and hepatitis? And why on earth does it cost so much?? a blood test done privately is only about £20-£30! its around £60 if my memory serves me right!
wheres grayling....he will know!

Sue
(half way through a nice bottle of tempranillo!)
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:03 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it is so quiet and depressing on here at the minute (or is that just how I am feeling!!!?) Because I won't be there until next December it all seems so far away - thats if everything go's to plan. I have put on a stone in weight by comfort eating and my clothes are getting too tight! - I am sure its all to do with my obsession about Oz!!!! I am going to go on a diet again and use that expensive gym membership I have. Is that happening to anyone else?

It seems that it is just Sue, Ann and me mainly on this nursing forum these days.

Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tiredwithtwins

I had wondered about the blood tests......is everyone tested for hiv and hepatitis? And why on earth does it cost so much?? a blood test done privately is only about £20-£30! its around £60 if my memory serves me right!

QUOTE]

Hi Sue and everyone.

I am still around but really can't be bothered much of the time. I think it was because I got attacked quite nastily for simply offering advice.

Maybe I am being a bit soft but started wondering if it was worth the hassle.
Also a bit fed up with all the Trolls on the various forums.

I have my visa but am in the doldrums because we are waiting to sort out Kate's (Mrs. G) retirement.

As far as the costs of tests I do not think we paid anywhere near that for the blood tests.
Ours was done in Nottingham and thought it reasonable.Certainly nearer £30 than £60.

Certainly nowhere near what I would charge for my private work

Best wishes and hope you are all 'sorted' soon

G
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
It seems that it is just Sue, Ann and me mainly on this nursing forum these days.

Lynn

cue; scene from macbeth 'when shall we three meet again? In rain, wind.....' ummm cant remember the rest!!!!

we shall grow old together Lynn, knitting 'expats nursing forum' scarves...and sobbing into our Milo...........
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
cue; scene from macbeth 'when shall we three meet again? In rain, wind.....' ummm cant remember the rest!!!!

we shall grow old together Lynn, knitting 'expats nursing forum' scarves...and sobbing into our Milo...........
How much do you think we could make knitting em scarves - nuff for a visa? nuff to bribe the DIMIA officials? I think I shall go mad before any visa is granted to me.

On a brighter note... i'm back to work tomorrow after days off On a genuinley good note I am getting my half day for christmas shopping

What can we talk about next to keep us occupied?

Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:45 pm

[QUOTE=Grayling]
Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

Hi Sue and everyone.

I am still around but really can't be bothered much of the time. I think it was because I got attacked quite nastily for simply offering advice.

Maybe I am being a bit soft but started wondering if it was worth the hassle.
Also a bit fed up with all the Trolls on the various forums.

I have my visa but am in the doldrums because we are waiting to sort out Kate's (Mrs. G) retirement.

As far as the costs of tests I do not think we paid anywhere near that for the blood tests.
Ours was done in Nottingham and thought it reasonable.Certainly nearer £30 than £60.

Certainly nowhere near what I would charge for my private work

Best wishes and hope you are all 'sorted' soon

G
Grayling

Please ignore the nasty people - they are just jealous of your knowledge. The trolls are a bit of a bummer, its hard to trust any of the new posters, just in case.

Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Grayling

Please ignore the nasty people - they are just jealous of your knowledge. The trolls are a bit of a bummer, its hard to trust any of the new posters, just in case.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn

You obviously know what I am on about

Things are a bit quiet though aren't they?

Best wishes

G
Old Dec 7th 2004, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Thanks Lynn

You obviously know what I am on about

Things are a bit quiet though aren't they?

Best wishes

G
Yeah I come on every day in case i'm missing anything but nothing much seems to change. A while back there were loads of interesting cases, its def quiet

Lynn
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

I've just had my medical, and it was an extra £60 for Hep B and C. Apparently Doc says that Hep B and C only used to apply if you were going on a temp visa, but now, whether your application is temp or permanent, if you are a doc, dentist or nurse, DIMIA want to know, he feels this is discriminatory! I'm not that bothered as long as it gets me there...

And Grayling, sorry to hear about someone attacking you on the forum, didn't know anything about that, but for what it is worth, i think your posts are really valid and for want of a better word, nice!

Bob...
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:17 am
ad4ozz

Thanks everyone...looks like hep and hiv at present then...don't want to pay out more money and not get the correct stuff.

My visa application has made it to Heathrow this morning... .

Grayling your advice is worth while don't worry about people who wear grass skirts and carry spears they will trip and hurt themselves on it in the end as they will be to busy shouting their mouth off.

Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:18 am
ad4ozz

PS... just thinking Hep B bit of a waste of time as we are all suposed to have had our shots for that and be clear anyway...I was told last time I should be clear for life. Hope I haven't got C... and feel to fit for a touch of HIV.

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Hi

Just want to check with any nurses trying for 136 Visa which tests did you have to have done on top of the standard ones. IE. Hep C, Aids, MRSA etc. ???
Hi there, dont know if my info is any good to you as our meds were done in August 03, but the HIV we both had to have at £15 a shot and Hep B just for me at £15. I realise that the costs may have gone up, and that even the blood tests may have changed MRSA swabs not done although your future employer here may ask for them to be done prior to starting.

Incidentally my 12 year old daughter has just been immunised against Hep B - standard procedure for Year 7s here along with booster for DPT. They dont do TB jabs though for the kids as I was told that TB is very rare in Australia and that immunisation is not warranted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.