any nurses in brisbane !!!

Old Nov 27th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough
Default any nurses in brisbane !!!

Hey

just wondering if there are any british nurses who have recently moved to brisbane.

have just started the visa process and will be moving to brisbane next year with my partner and just wondered how easy it was for you to find a nursing job, did you contact the hospitals direct or did you join an agency.

just wondering what the rates of pay are like over there and do you know if they do long days or 8 hour days?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: any nurses in brisbane !!!

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
Hey

just wondering if there are any british nurses who have recently moved to brisbane.

have just started the visa process and will be moving to brisbane next year with my partner and just wondered how easy it was for you to find a nursing job, did you contact the hospitals direct or did you join an agency.

just wondering what the rates of pay are like over there and do you know if they do long days or 8 hour days?
Hi Sarah,
We moved to Brisbane in May and after a short break I started work in June. I contacted the hospital directly. As for pay we're actually getting a pay rise on Monday. The new pay rates for a registered nurse are:

Re-entry $47,932
Yr 1 $50,190
Yr 2 $52,570
Yr 3 $54,950
Yr 4 $57,331
Yr 5 $59,720
Yr 6 $62,110
Yr 7 $64,496

Mark
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Hi Sarah

Just moved here & have just started work, only done my orientation so far! Seems like it's mostly 8hr shifts - got some nasty ones next week - 14.30-23.00!!

Have a look at: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/default.asp
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by katamina
Hi Sarah

Just moved here & have just started work, only done my orientation so far! Seems like it's mostly 8hr shifts - got some nasty ones next week - 14.30-23.00!!

Have a look at: http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/default.asp
thanks for that, did you find it hard to find work? did you apply while you were in the U.K or did you wait until you got to OZ?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

I applied from the UK & had my interview over there in London. Go to the 'register your interest' bit on the QLD health website - seems like they do a lot of recruiting from the UK & come over quite a lot to do the interviews (they have a HUGE shortage of nurses from what they keep saying!).

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job to be honest. I found the process a bit lengthy - after the interview, they send your details to different districts & you then have to wait for someone to say that they want to employ you there. You can say at the interview where you're interested in working, so it's a good idea to have a look at the different area's on the website so you get an idea what would be good for you.

Start on getting your QNC registration sorted if you've not done so already, as again, this can take some time to come through & you have to do lots of messing around getting documents certified by a JP. It'll save time & hassle at the end

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Huggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really niceHuggkat is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
Hey

Hi Sarah,

I've just accepted a job in Brisbane to start April 09. I got it by attending an Expo in the UK and then having interviews with the hospitals. I started the process by getting registration with the QNC first so I'm all ready to go on the job front.

Good luck with it all.

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi Sarah,
We moved to Brisbane in May and after a short break I started work in June. I contacted the hospital directly. As for pay we're actually getting a pay rise on Monday. The new pay rates for a registered nurse are:

Re-entry $47,932
Yr 1 $50,190
Yr 2 $52,570
Yr 3 $54,950
Yr 4 $57,331
Yr 5 $59,720
Yr 6 $62,110
Yr 7 $64,496

Mark
Mark,

This is useful - thanks. Is it for public or private hospitals (or both?).

Thanks

Kat xx
Old Dec 16th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

What are the childrens hospitals in brisabane please?
Or should i say ones with a childrens department?

Is there any to avoid or some to try and aim for?
cheers again
Sorry to jump on topic
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
What are the childrens hospitals in brisabane please?
Or should i say ones with a childrens department?

Is there any to avoid or some to try and aim for?
cheers again
Sorry to jump on topic

H,
The Mater Children's is currently one of the biggest children's hospitals in Queensland and is set to get even bigger. The Queensland government wanted one hospital to become the main centre for all of children's hospital services in Queensland and the Mater has been chosen.

The new hospital will be called the 'Queensland Children's Hospital' and work has started on it.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/childre.../pim112008.asp

Mark
Old Dec 20th 2008, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

mrscat is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

went through an agency but they were wanting all sorts of things could not understand that i worked on a head & neck unit and wanted to know whether i had any surgical experience, asked whether they had read my cv. anyway decided to send off my cv to a couple of hospitals myself, got interviews well more of a chat about the weather actually and got the jobs. so deciding were i want to work now.

did not seem to be a problem, the way the interviews went they could be interviewing beverly allitt and she would still get one!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 4:31 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hey!
I posted my CV on the QLD health website and was contacted directly by the Royal childrens Hospital in Brisbane.I had a telephone interview and was offered a job on the spot.I worked at the Royal for 6 months and now work in a small district general on a kids ward.
Finding a job has been no problem and they always seem keen to employ British Children's nurses.
Good Luck !