ANMC skills assessment

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:04 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default ANMC skills assessment

Hi,
I'm getting a little confused with this skills assessment, am still gathering all the info needed, work are taking the longest with my reference!! anyway after you've filled it all in and it gets sent to the ANMC and you then receive a positive (hopefully) back, do you have to go through it all again to apply to the state you wish to work in or do they accept the ANMCs skills assessment?
Hope I haven't confused anyone with my babble

mandi
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANMC skills assessment

Originally Posted by mandi248
Hi,
I'm getting a little confused with this skills assessment, am still gathering all the info needed, work are taking the longest with my reference!! anyway after you've filled it all in and it gets sent to the ANMC and you then receive a positive (hopefully) back, do you have to go through it all again to apply to the state you wish to work in or do they accept the ANMCs skills assessment?
Hope I haven't confused anyone with my babble

mandi
Mandi

It is far cheaper to register in a state first and then apply to the ANMC for the modified skills assessment.

You have to register in a state anyway so save some money

Good luck

G
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:10 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
Mandi

It is far cheaper to register in a state first and then apply to the ANMC for the modified skills assessment.

You have to register in a state anyway so save some money

Good luck

G
Thanks, am using an agent but he's never mentioned this route. If you register 1st does this count as your skills assessment for your visa application? like I said am still getting all the info together so haven't paid anything for the skills assessment only to the agent.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:15 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, am using an agent but he's never mentioned this route. If you register 1st does this count as your skills assessment for your visa application? like I said am still getting all the info together so haven't paid anything for the skills assessment only to the agent.
If you register in a state then you have to do a modified ANMC assessment.

The state will assesss your skills and then the ANMC will process it quite easily. The modified assessment is equally valid for DIMIA.

Lots of nurses have done it this way but the ANMC do not make it obvious

You can register with a UK address.

G
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:17 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you register in a state then you have to do a modified ANMC assessment.

The state will assesss your skills and then the ANMC will process it quite easily. The modified assessment is equally valid for DIMIA.

Lots of nurses have done it this way but the ANMC do not make it obvious

You can register with a UK address.

G
Thanks, will certainly look into that more
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

Mandi, as Grayling said, get registered first at the state nursing board where your going, ie, if NSW then its NSW Nursing and Midwifery COuncil $50. You will then save $100's on getting a modified assessment for ANMC. Your Agent should know this. Spend some time reserching these threads, ive learnt loads already. Theres no need for anyone to go for ANMC and pay full price. NO it doesnt count as skills assessment. Have you been to the DIMIA website and swotted up on booklet 6 and associated docs, i suggest you do, you can download all info for free on PDF format. GOod luck, were at a similar stage as in my partner has done her Reg with NSW, now were thinking about the PR Visa and ANMC etc. Where you going to? Were also thinking of Perth.

Regards
Tony
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Mandi,

Just be a bit careful getting assessed by the state first.
Firstly some states are a lot slower than others. My wife's state assessment (south Australia) took 3 months so if you were thinking of going their my advice would be to do the ANMC route first even though it costs more, if you are looking for a reasonable turnaround time.

Secondly, dont make it obvious with the state that you are going via them with a view to doing a modified assessment with the ANMC. It is not the "normal" route which is why your agent will not have promoted it. We erroneously said we were applying for the skills stream and the state assessment board tried to refer us to the ANMC. Luckily we managed to convince them otherwise.
Good luck.
Richard
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RAG62
Mandi,

Just be a bit careful getting assessed by the state first.
Firstly some states are a lot slower than others. My wife's state assessment (south Australia) took 3 months so if you were thinking of going their my advice would be to do the ANMC route first even though it costs more, if you are looking for a reasonable turnaround time.

Secondly, dont make it obvious with the state that you are going via them with a view to doing a modified assessment with the ANMC. It is not the "normal" route which is why your agent will not have promoted it. We erroneously said we were applying for the skills stream and the state assessment board tried to refer us to the ANMC. Luckily we managed to convince them otherwise.
Good luck.
Richard
I'll second what Rich has said, South Aus are veeeerrrryyy slow.
Not sure about WA, but Queensland seem to be the quickest, we'll have to have a poll!!

Heard about meds yet Rich?

Lisa
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:01 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Only repeating for the sake of new people but my process to register with Queensland nursing council was very *faaaast* (sorry not trying to gloat guys honest!!!!!!!! ) See my timeline at the bottom - the only thing that delayed it getting to me was the xmas post!!!

So if you are going to QLD you'll be ok - and modified ANMC skills assessment was even faster! I had no problems with anyone questioning me about taking this route as I never had any contact with either the QNC or ANMC. As far as i'm aware its a perfectly legitimate route to take - there is NO reason you can't register in a state as a nurse 1st as you do not need a visa to register in a state.

Good luck where are you off to anyway?

Lynn
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Only repeating for the sake of new people but my process to register with Queensland nursing council was very *faaaast* (sorry not trying to gloat guys honest!!!!!!!! ) See my timeline at the bottom - Lynn
Lynn
......and it makes me very envious (and bitter)
Rich
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:08 am

Lynn
......and it makes me very envious (and bitter)
Rich

na na na na nahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:13 am
ad4ozz

Talking Re: ANMC skills assessment

Hi

I went the exspensive way and got my skills assessed by the ANMC first as I was trying to save time and know I def had the skills assessment.

When you get the ANMC skills assessment you can use it for visa and then it is still valid for 2 years, so once you have your visa and know where you are going you can ask the ANMC to send a modified skills confirmation to Queensland or where ever. I haven't asked ANMC to send to Queensland yet as there registration runs out on my birthday so mine would run out a few months after I got it so I will wait a couple of months first for visa then register with Queensland.

Alternatively you can do like Lynn and register with Queensland then send modified to ANMC which does work out few £100 cheaper I think in the long run but means to get your visa you have to register with both ANMC and State you want to go to straight away.

Clear as mud.....not... :scared: .

Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

na na na na nahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
You know how to really hurt me.....
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Hi

I went the exspensive way and got my skills assessed by the ANMC first as I was trying to save time and know I def had the skills assessment.

When you get the ANMC skills assessment you can use it for visa and then it is still valid for 2 years, so once you have your visa and know where you are going you can ask the ANMC to send a modified skills confirmation to Queensland or where ever. I haven't asked ANMC to send to Queensland yet as there registration runs out on my birthday so mine would run out a few months after I got it so I will wait a couple of months first for visa then register with Queensland.

Alternatively you can do like Lynn and register with Queensland then send modified to ANMC which does work out few £100 cheaper I think in the long run but means to get your visa you have to register with both ANMC and State you want to go to straight away.

Clear as mud.....not... :scared: .
Good to hear another perspective. The only thing I would say Ann is that my registration does not run out on my birthday (as my birthday was last Sat!) and my registration does not need to be renewed till end of June. It is very cheap to renew as well - you only pay the renewal fee not the application fee and its easy to do online. plus having that shiny gold badge that says 'registered nurse Queensland' makes me feel i'm finally getting somewhere!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

You know how to really hurt me.....

And meeee.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.