ANC References

Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default ANC References

My employer is unwilling to give me a reference unless requested in writing from 3rd party ie..new employer. How do I obtain reference and employment statement for ANC application? I was employed as nurse manager of private nursing home / respite unit. He is the director and does not have a nursing background therefore unable to comment on competencies as nurse. Any one else had similar problems, So much against us at such an early stage that I feel like giving up the whole process!!
Also, have any of you used migration agent, would this help and would you recommend?

Di

Last edited by harveyhare; Sep 21st 2004 at 9:17 am.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: ANC References

Originally Posted by harveyhare
My employer is unwilling to give me a reference unless requested in writing from 3rd party ie..new employer. How do I obtain reference and employment statement for ANC application? I was employed as nurse manager of private nursing home / respite unit. He is the director and does not have a nursing background therefore unable to comment on competencies as nurse. Any one else had similar problems, So much against us at such an early stage that I feel like giving up the whole process!!
Also, have any of you used migration agent, would this help and would you recommend?

Di

Hi , how are you ?
Was there another senior member of staff other than this Director ?
Someone with perhaps a nursing background ?
My husband and I are both nurses and got ANC approval in April this year.
We obtained referances from clinical nurse manager and senior collegues - Charge nurse level. I appreciate you have a different situation but keep it as simple as possible , they are only assessing your qualification as an RGN. (or whatever you are) , to make sure that the standard you trained at and have kept updated since is appropriate to their standard of nursing in Oz.
Very soon , you will have a letter saying " suitable for migration ".
We didn't use an agent , thought we would try and do the ANC assessment first and see how we got on , things were no problem so we did application ourselves. If however , you are VERY unsure about what you are doing maybe you should use agent if you can afford them.
Don't give up at first hurdle , it's a long way to go yet , but will definately be worth it in the end.
Good Luck ,
Tass.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ANC References

Originally Posted by Tass
Hi , how are you ?
Was there another senior member of staff other than this Director ?
Someone with perhaps a nursing background ?
My husband and I are both nurses and got ANC approval in April this year.
We obtained referances from clinical nurse manager and senior collegues - Charge nurse level. I appreciate you have a different situation but keep it as simple as possible , they are only assessing your qualification as an RGN. (or whatever you are) , to make sure that the standard you trained at and have kept updated since is appropriate to their standard of nursing in Oz.
Very soon , you will have a letter saying " suitable for migration ".
We didn't use an agent , thought we would try and do the ANC assessment first and see how we got on , things were no problem so we did application ourselves. If however , you are VERY unsure about what you are doing maybe you should use agent if you can afford them.
Don't give up at first hurdle , it's a long way to go yet , but will definately be worth it in the end.
Good Luck ,
Tass.
Thanks Tass

I am RGN nurse manager, there is no one above me apart from director, the new manager is a RGN whom I have trained for the post !!!
Difficult situation, I think you are right, We can only apply to ANC and await outcome then look at other options. Just wanted the best shot possible.
Perhaps I need to ask a third party to request reference and then he will reply.

Di
Old Sep 21st 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Di,
I would challenge your wally of an employer to find out why he wont give you a rference in these circumstances. It seems totally unreasonable. He could address it to the ANC if he wishes.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Di,
I would challenge your wally of an employer to find out why he wont give you a rference in these circumstances. It seems totally unreasonable. He could address it to the ANC if he wishes.

The wally states that it is company policy to only supply reference to written request from employer so I how have recruitment agent requesting reference for me.
Where there's a will there's a way !
Di
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

I how have recruitment agent requesting reference for me.

Di,
Who are you using ?
Just curious ,
Tass.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I how have recruitment agent requesting reference for me.

Di,
Who are you using ?
Just curious ,
Tass.

Tass
Using BBT Global as recruitment agent.
Where are you heading and how far into visa application are you ?

Di
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Tass
Using BBT Global as recruitment agent.
Where are you heading and how far into visa application are you ?

Di
Have pm'd you.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have pm'd you.

Tass, have pmd you back