British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   AHPRA - brilliant!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/ahpra-brilliant-719149/)

vickyandrob Jun 1st 2011 5:19 am

AHPRA - brilliant!!!!

Said I would post my experience of handing in application once arrived in Perth, so here it is!

12 May - took application into Perth Office
13 May - acknowledgement email and payment taken - (email also asked if job lined up or visa about to expire to contact them)
20 May - another acknowledgement email
26 May - email stating they are in receipt of all required documents to complete assessment
1 June - received letter dated yesterday stating eligible for registration as nurse and midwife. I have 90 days to attend the office with proof of ID and criminal history requirements.

So there you go, cannot fault any part of the service

Vicky

shelly23 Jun 1st 2011 6:59 pm

Re: AHPRA - brilliant!!!!

Originally Posted by vickyandrob (Post 9401784)
Said I would post my experience of handing in application once arrived in Perth, so here it is!

13 May - acknowledgement email and payment taken - (email also asked if job lined up or visa about to expire to contact them)
26 May - email stating they are in receipt of all required documents to complete assessment
1 June - received letter dated yesterday stating eligible for registration as nurse and midwife. I have 90 days to attend the office with proof of ID and criminal history requirements.

Vicky

Congrats, thats really good news, now you can earn some money. think I may wait til we get there aswell. Thanks for letting us all know. good luck with everything. Shelly :-)

Pollyana Jun 1st 2011 9:48 pm

Vicky

Wow!! They must be improving, not often you see someone praising AHPRA is it :ohmy: What a relief getting it sorted so quick!

vickyandrob Jun 2nd 2011 12:18 pm

Yes very good news, hope the other states are managing to sort themselves out.
Just need to finish applying for jobs now!

mansawant Jun 9th 2011 8:31 pm

Hi,

My wife is a UK Registered nurse and want to register with Australian Nursing Council. So we would like to know when we can request NMC to send the verification form to Australia. She needs to wait until the acknowledgement of her form from AHPRA or we can send the form to NMC and application to AHPRA at the same time.

Regards,
Mansawant

vickyandrob Jun 11th 2011 1:53 am

Originally Posted by mansawant (Post 9422776)
Hi,

My wife is a UK Registered nurse and want to register with Australian Nursing Council. So we would like to know when we can request NMC to send the verification form to Australia. She needs to wait until the acknowledgement of her form from AHPRA or we can send the form to NMC and application to AHPRA at the same time.

Regards,
Mansawant

Hi, the NMC will send you a pack which you return to them, they then send verification direct to AHPRA, takes a few weeks I think.
Just send your AHPRA application when you have everything together.
Good luck

mansawant Jun 12th 2011 10:44 am

Hi Vickyandrob, thanks for the info. I have a query about what to answer for two questions on the application form.

Question 5. Is your residential address the same as your principal place of practice/employment in Australia?

I live in London and working for a NHS trust and I do not have any job offer. I want to register first with AHPRA before starting applying for the vacancies so should I answer "no" and provide my NHS address.

Question 17. "Do you commit to only practise the profession if you have appropriate professional indemnity insurance arrangements in place?"

What would be the answer for this question.

And one more question, if we register in one state and got an offer from hospital in another state will that be an issue or we can work any where in Australia irrespective of where you have been registered.

Thanks & Regards,
Mansawant

mansawant Jun 16th 2011 7:17 pm

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

You have mentioned that you submitted application on 12th June and AHPRA confirmed on 26th May that they are in receipt of all required documents. When did you send your application form to NMC to forward your registration details to AHPRA. Have you got any update from NMC saying they have dispatched docuements to AHPRA.

Thanks and Regards,
Mansawant

lindseymac Jun 18th 2011 11:44 pm

I am still in UK but AHPRA only took 4 weeks to process, amazing.

Q5: just write" outside Australia"

and the insurance question would only be yes if your wife is practicing an intervention/nursing discipline that she is not registered to with NMC and on the relevant part of the register.

mansawant Jun 19th 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by lindseymac (Post 9441603)
I am still in UK but AHPRA only took 4 weeks to process, amazing.

Q5: just write" outside Australia"

and the insurance question would only be yes if your wife is practicing an intervention/nursing discipline that she is not registered to with NMC and on the relevant part of the register.

Thanks lindseymac for the info.

mansawant Jul 16th 2011 11:17 am

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

My wife has submitted application to AHPRA (Perth) and they received on 21 June 11 and NMC disptached registration details to AHPRA on 30 June 11. But AHPRA is saying they haven't received anything other that initial application.
However, looking at your time line it looks like you may have requested NMC before submitting your application. Please advise if I am wrong. Because two more applicants are awaiting confirmation of the receipt of NMC registration from AHPRA and both have requested NMC after submitting application to AHPRA like we did.

Mansawant

suzanne7575 Jul 17th 2011 5:58 am

Originally Posted by mansawant (Post 9498962)
Hi Vicky,

My wife has submitted application to AHPRA (Perth) and they received on 21 June 11 and NMC disptached registration details to AHPRA on 30 June 11. But AHPRA is saying they haven't received anything other that initial application.
However, looking at your time line it looks like you may have requested NMC before submitting your application. Please advise if I am wrong. Because two more applicants are awaiting confirmation of the receipt of NMC registration from AHPRA and both have requested NMC after submitting application to AHPRA like we did.

Mansawant

will be interesting to see the difference here because out timelines are almost identical in that we received acknowledgment of application on more or less same day, and NMC seem to have sent our verifications ame day, however I have sent my application to Brisbane as opposed to Perth. Brisbane AHPRA have not enquired at all about visas or job lined up, which is a shame as I do actually have a job in Townsville to go to

ljdj Jul 22nd 2011 10:00 am

Hi

thought i'd chip in with my experience so far...

28 June: Application sent to AHPRA Perth office
14 July: Initial receipt of application email received (asking for visa details and place of work etc if relevant)
22 July: Second receipt of application email saying it is being processed...

Fingers crossed...

Lau :)