AHPRA - brilliant!!!!

Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default AHPRA - brilliant!!!!

Said I would post my experience of handing in application once arrived in Perth, so here it is!

12 May - took application into Perth Office
13 May - acknowledgement email and payment taken - (email also asked if job lined up or visa about to expire to contact them)
20 May - another acknowledgement email
26 May - email stating they are in receipt of all required documents to complete assessment
1 June - received letter dated yesterday stating eligible for registration as nurse and midwife. I have 90 days to attend the office with proof of ID and criminal history requirements.

So there you go, cannot fault any part of the service

Vicky
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

shelly23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA - brilliant!!!!

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Said I would post my experience of handing in application once arrived in Perth, so here it is!

13 May - acknowledgement email and payment taken - (email also asked if job lined up or visa about to expire to contact them)
26 May - email stating they are in receipt of all required documents to complete assessment
1 June - received letter dated yesterday stating eligible for registration as nurse and midwife. I have 90 days to attend the office with proof of ID and criminal history requirements.

Vicky
Congrats, thats really good news, now you can earn some money. think I may wait til we get there aswell. Thanks for letting us all know. good luck with everything. Shelly :-)
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Vicky
Wow!! They must be improving, not often you see someone praising AHPRA is it What a relief getting it sorted so quick!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Yes very good news, hope the other states are managing to sort themselves out.
Just need to finish applying for jobs now!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

mansawant is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife is a UK Registered nurse and want to register with Australian Nursing Council. So we would like to know when we can request NMC to send the verification form to Australia. She needs to wait until the acknowledgement of her form from AHPRA or we can send the form to NMC and application to AHPRA at the same time.

Regards,
Mansawant
Old Jun 11th 2011, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi,

My wife is a UK Registered nurse and want to register with Australian Nursing Council. So we would like to know when we can request NMC to send the verification form to Australia. She needs to wait until the acknowledgement of her form from AHPRA or we can send the form to NMC and application to AHPRA at the same time.

Regards,
Mansawant
Hi, the NMC will send you a pack which you return to them, they then send verification direct to AHPRA, takes a few weeks I think.
Just send your AHPRA application when you have everything together.
Good luck
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Vickyandrob, thanks for the info. I have a query about what to answer for two questions on the application form.

Question 5. Is your residential address the same as your principal place of practice/employment in Australia?

I live in London and working for a NHS trust and I do not have any job offer. I want to register first with AHPRA before starting applying for the vacancies so should I answer "no" and provide my NHS address.

Question 17. "Do you commit to only practise the profession if you have appropriate professional indemnity insurance arrangements in place?"

What would be the answer for this question.

And one more question, if we register in one state and got an offer from hospital in another state will that be an issue or we can work any where in Australia irrespective of where you have been registered.

Thanks & Regards,
Mansawant
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

You have mentioned that you submitted application on 12th June and AHPRA confirmed on 26th May that they are in receipt of all required documents. When did you send your application form to NMC to forward your registration details to AHPRA. Have you got any update from NMC saying they have dispatched docuements to AHPRA.

Thanks and Regards,
Mansawant
Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:44 pm
a long way from home

lindseymac is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still in UK but AHPRA only took 4 weeks to process, amazing.

Q5: just write" outside Australia"

and the insurance question would only be yes if your wife is practicing an intervention/nursing discipline that she is not registered to with NMC and on the relevant part of the register.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lindseymac
I am still in UK but AHPRA only took 4 weeks to process, amazing.

Q5: just write" outside Australia"

and the insurance question would only be yes if your wife is practicing an intervention/nursing discipline that she is not registered to with NMC and on the relevant part of the register.
Thanks lindseymac for the info.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

My wife has submitted application to AHPRA (Perth) and they received on 21 June 11 and NMC disptached registration details to AHPRA on 30 June 11. But AHPRA is saying they haven't received anything other that initial application.
However, looking at your time line it looks like you may have requested NMC before submitting your application. Please advise if I am wrong. Because two more applicants are awaiting confirmation of the receipt of NMC registration from AHPRA and both have requested NMC after submitting application to AHPRA like we did.

Mansawant
Old Jul 17th 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mansawant
Hi Vicky,

My wife has submitted application to AHPRA (Perth) and they received on 21 June 11 and NMC disptached registration details to AHPRA on 30 June 11. But AHPRA is saying they haven't received anything other that initial application.
However, looking at your time line it looks like you may have requested NMC before submitting your application. Please advise if I am wrong. Because two more applicants are awaiting confirmation of the receipt of NMC registration from AHPRA and both have requested NMC after submitting application to AHPRA like we did.

Mansawant
will be interesting to see the difference here because out timelines are almost identical in that we received acknowledgment of application on more or less same day, and NMC seem to have sent our verifications ame day, however I have sent my application to Brisbane as opposed to Perth. Brisbane AHPRA have not enquired at all about visas or job lined up, which is a shame as I do actually have a job in Townsville to go to
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:00 am
waiting for life to begin

ljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really niceljdj is just really nice

Hi

thought i'd chip in with my experience so far...

28 June: Application sent to AHPRA Perth office
14 July: Initial receipt of application email received (asking for visa details and place of work etc if relevant)
22 July: Second receipt of application email saying it is being processed...

Fingers crossed...

Lau