Agent getting on my nerves

Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Agent getting on my nerves

I sent my skills assessment off on the 30th of November. Then my agent broke her ankle so i got another one for the time she was off in that time everything has gone wrong. Firstly i phone then says it was taken a while could they get in touch with ANMC and ask if everything OK, They agreed and told me everything was OK it was getting processed. Then i was getting worried by 2 weeks ago and contacted my agent again and they assured me everything was OK. i decided to email then myself, good job i did because they where still awaiting paperwork from me and could not process my assessment i need the initial registration certificate. This is the certificate you get when you qualify? if it is i got 2 certified and gave them to my agent. So i have to get another certified and send it in i am going to send it straight to them though. I wish i had done this myself now i have paid over £3000 and i am still doing all the work myself and doing a much better job of it. I may get my assessment back my end of March now, it is so disheartening.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:39 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Agent getting on my nerves

Originally Posted by geordies4life
I sent my skills assessment off on the 30th of November. Then my agent broke her ankle so i got another one for the time she was off in that time everything has gone wrong. Firstly i phone then says it was taken a while could they get in touch with ANMC and ask if everything OK, They agreed and told me everything was OK it was getting processed. Then i was getting worried by 2 weeks ago and contacted my agent again and they assured me everything was OK. i decided to email then myself, good job i did because they where still awaiting paperwork from me and could not process my assessment i need the initial registration certificate. This is the certificate you get when you qualify? if it is i got 2 certified and gave them to my agent. So i have to get another certified and send it in i am going to send it straight to them though. I wish i had done this myself now i have paid over £3000 and i am still doing all the work myself and doing a much better job of it. I may get my assessment back my end of March now, it is so disheartening.
The initial registration certificate is the document you get from the NMC when you first qualify, it's called the Statement of Entry or something like that. If you don't have it you can apply to the NMC for a duplicate, I think if you check their website the information how to go about it is there.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

From what the OP says, she/he has the initial entry of reg - or the statement of entry as it was known and gave 2 certified copies to her/his agent and will now get another certified and send it directly. 3000 seems a huge amount to pay these agents - are they Registered agents with ? MARA? I have sympathy with the OP - I would want questions answering. Are you applying for a skilled independent visa?
Hope all goes well anyway
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:27 am
Just Joined

lil tinks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I'm just about to get my visa for a nursing job I secured in Melbourne, through an agency who do not charge a fee!! In other words it is free!! It is true that they have not been much help and that I have done most of the work myself. Including wading through the complicated stuff. All the advise that I have been given by the agent has been patronising and totally unhelpful. Please PM if you think I may be able to offer you any advise. £3000 seems way over the top.

Regards Tinks
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

i am applying for a 136 visa. I have sorted it thank you for all your advise i phone NMC and they are sending out a statement of entry and i am getting it certified and will send it directly to them. I paid so much as there is a relocation settlement in it. They help me with money banking finding a house schools and jobs for me and my partner etc. I have just received my contact this morning. i must admit i wish i had just don't it myself my agent is licenced ect.

Last edited by geordies4life; Feb 20th 2008 at 2:50 pm. Reason: spelling