then xhoos
then b'myle (shut down)
then ayr
then xhoose
then australia

think am seeing a pattern here
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: agency or do it yourself

Originally Posted by kt_and_kris
thats really helpful thanks. i watched it this am on perth and will be glued to it now i know its back on! ha ha so did u just contact queesland health directly to get the interview then?

x
Hi,
Somebody on BE mentioned that Queensland Health were doing interviews in Manchester in October last year. I looked at the Queensland Health website and filled in what they call "an expression of interest" - this is just a few online question and you need to attach a CV. A couple of days after I sent it I got an email from them inviting me to an interview in Manchester. If I remember right they where asking for critical care nurses for those interviews and since I work in critical area, i.e. ccu, I though I'd give it a go. One of my friend on BE also tried and she's a theatre nurse and she got one to. The interviews themselves are very informal and they offered me, and my friend, a job there and then - actually I don't think I've heard of anyone failing an interview with them - they are really keen to get us over there.

I looked at their site yesterday to see if they mention coming to the UK this year - they say they are here in March but they are asking for mental health nurses to apply for interviews. I don't think this means that they are not looking for ICU nurses anymore but I think they are just focussing on mental health for this round of up coming interviews. I think it will be worth your while to keep checking their website and watch for announcements on here.

Last year they interviewed at the Nursing Times Exhibitions so may be they will interview again this year. Apart from that have you emailed the Princess Alexandra directly?

Mark
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

You can lodge an 'expression of interest' at:

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/eoi.asp

Mark
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret3
will give you a quick summary

training b'myle
work xhoose
then australia
then bellshill for midwifery
then xhoos
then b'myle (shut down)
then ayr
then xhoose
then australia

think am seeing a pattern here
im glad u only quoted the summerised version! ha ha
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
Somebody on BE mentioned that Queensland Health were doing interviews in Manchester in October last year. I looked at the Queensland Health website and filled in what they call "an expression of interest" - this is just a few online question and you need to attach a CV. A couple of days after I sent it I got an email from them inviting me to an interview in Manchester. If I remember right they where asking for critical care nurses for those interviews and since I work in critical area, i.e. ccu, I though I'd give it a go. One of my friend on BE also tried and she's a theatre nurse and she got one to. The interviews themselves are very informal and they offered me, and my friend, a job there and then - actually I don't think I've heard of anyone failing an interview with them - they are really keen to get us over there.

I looked at their site yesterday to see if they mention coming to the UK this year - they say they are here in March but they are asking for mental health nurses to apply for interviews. I don't think this means that they are not looking for ICU nurses anymore but I think they are just focussing on mental health for this round of up coming interviews. I think it will be worth your while to keep checking their website and watch for announcements on here.

Last year they interviewed at the Nursing Times Exhibitions so may be they will interview again this year. Apart from that have you emailed the Princess Alexandra directly?

Mark
mark - cheers for taking so much time to write all this down, really usefull stuff and my original panic about work is easing the more i look into it!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
the other thing to bear in mind about agency nursing (ie working through them) is that most agencies only pay a certain rate - whereas if you get a job through the health board you will usually be paid at the appropriate rate to your years experience.