457 Visa timescale

Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Simone00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visa timescale

Hi there,

Can anybody give me a rough idea of the timescale I can expect for a 457 visa to be granted please? In total, how long after applying would I receive it?
Thanks!

Simone
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:14 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: 457 Visa timescale

Originally Posted by Simone00
Hi there,

Can anybody give me a rough idea of the timescale I can expect for a 457 visa to be granted please? In total, how long after applying would I receive it?
Thanks!

Simone
Mine took about 8 weeks, would've been quicker but was delayed while waiting for QNC reg to arrive.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

cheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant future

Hi there,

Thanks!

Simone
Ours took 9 weeks but was held up waiting for registration by NBWA.

CM
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Hi there,

Thanks!

Simone
7 weeks
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Thanks!

Simone
Hi Simone,
Ours took just under 4 weeks....quicker than we expected!
Shari
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies everyone, I should have asked for more info though! I am due to qualify in april 09 ( I know it's a bit premature) and plan on starting on a graduate scheme (Brisbane) asap, hopefully already being accepted onto one by then. I would like to know realistically when I can expect to be over there, after waiting for my NMC pin, QNC registration and waiting for the actual visa to be granted etc?
Thanks again
Simone
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Pinkybee is on a distinguished road

Can't stress enough not submitting for the visa till you hold registration in the relevant state or else when it comes to assessing your applciaiont if somethings missing you then go to the bottom of the pile for processing over new applicantion that come in after yours-I have a friend who is a case manager at DIMA who has told me this is standard practise.
If everything is in order from the start when you lodge it will be approved much faster than the 6-8 week average timeframe. One of our sponsored nurses had it approved in 10 days because EVERYTHING was submitted. Also, online applciaiotns get preference over paper applications.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Yeah I understand, I wouldn't apply for a visa unless I had QNC reg. How long approx does it take to receive state reg once you've applied?

Simone
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Hi there,

Thanks!

Simone

Can I apply before I qualify?? Or do I have to wait until I recieve my PIN etc....???????????????
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkybee
Can't stress enough not submitting for the visa till you hold registration in the relevant state or else when it comes to assessing your applciaiont if somethings missing you then go to the bottom of the pile for processing over new applicantion that come in after yours-I have a friend who is a case manager at DIMA who has told me this is standard practise.
If everything is in order from the start when you lodge it will be approved much faster than the 6-8 week average timeframe. One of our sponsored nurses had it approved in 10 days because EVERYTHING was submitted. Also, online applciaiotns get preference over paper applications.
Do you mean apply for the QNC 1st, and then apply for the VISA. I qualify in June 2009, I am so keen to get things rolling and just want to get the dates in the diary when to start!! Please any advise is AMAZING! and so helpful!!!
Ruth