457 visa - speeding it up?

Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default 457 visa - speeding it up?

Hi im heading out to oz on a 457 visa (hopefully in July this year!) I understand that it can take a couple of months to come through and I just wondered if there is anything I can do to speed up my application.

I have got a job working on the gold coast on the new grad programme and have sent off for QNC reg. I know I need my reg from QNC to come through but while I am waiting can I arrange health checks and police checks or do I have to wait for immigration to direct me to do something?

Also I have a copy of a crb check from January this year will that be acceptable for the police check?

Please can anyone advise?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:58 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all
Default Re: 457 visa - speeding it up?

hi i'm flying out on 457 at end of june.....my qnc has just come through 2 days ago....i had my medicals and pcc done about a month ago so that it could all get processed whilst they were awaiting for qnc. the pcc's apparently valid for a year so you should be ok with yours from jan.....now that i'm registered with qnc it apparently won't take very long for visa to come through.....so i'd advise to get medicals, chest xray done and send em off so that they can then process visa as soon as they get qnc....!!!!good luck!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi i'm flying out on 457 at end of june.....my qnc has just come through 2 days ago....i had my medicals and pcc done about a month ago so that it could all get processed whilst they were awaiting for qnc. the pcc's apparently valid for a year so you should be ok with yours from jan.....now that i'm registered with qnc it apparently won't take very long for visa to come through.....so i'd advise to get medicals, chest xray done and send em off so that they can then process visa as soon as they get qnc....!!!!good luck!!
Hi nursekaty, how long did your NMC reg. take to come?? Just sent mine off and am expecting a long wait!!
Thanks, Bobbie
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:23 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

i sent mine off end of nov just got it other day....although there was a delay as they were waiting for the end payment off me, but i'd received no letter asking for it, so it wasn't till i rang to find out why it was taking so long they said they were waiting for payment!!!!so do ring them if it takes too long!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

i sent mine off end of nov just got it other day....although there was a delay as they were waiting for the end payment off me, but i'd received no letter asking for it, so it wasn't till i rang to find out why it was taking so long they said they were waiting for payment!!!!so do ring them if it takes too long!!!
What end payment!! Oh no, have i missed something??
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:02 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bobbie
What end payment!! Oh no, have i missed something??
How much did you pay Bobby? I paid $232 but as soon as I posted it realised it was wrong. It should've only been $145 and then if they decide you're entitled to a license you then pay the final $87. I'm hoping as I've paid too much rather than too little it'll be OK. I only applied last week so I'll wait a bit and see what, if anything, they charge me and if it looks like nothing is happening then I'll give them a ring.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:22 am
off2oz

it was the final $87!!!!do keep on top of them though!!!mine could have been through much quicker!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

it was the final $87!!!!do keep on top of them though!!!mine could have been through much quicker!!!
I paid the $232 so fingers crossed should be no hold up! I was going to wait for it to come back and then send of for modified ANMC but am thinking now i might just pay for full ANMC assessment. I have a feeling after last nights programme that they are going to get even busier!!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
How much did you pay Bobby? I paid $232 but as soon as I posted it realised it was wrong. It should've only been $145 and then if they decide you're entitled to a license you then pay the final $87. I'm hoping as I've paid too much rather than too little it'll be OK. I only applied last week so I'll wait a bit and see what, if anything, they charge me and if it looks like nothing is happening then I'll give them a ring.
I paid $232 as well and I got an aknowlegment letter through yesterday with a reciept, and saying they will contact me again when my application has been assessed, so i think it should be ok!

Another question if I may? Could i make a start on a 457 visa apllication or do I need to wait for something from my employer? I'm itching to get it all sorted!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:10 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nursesarah
I paid $232 as well and I got an aknowlegment letter through yesterday with a reciept, and saying they will contact me again when my application has been assessed, so i think it should be ok!

Another question if I may? Could i make a start on a 457 visa apllication or do I need to wait for something from my employer? I'm itching to get it all sorted!
Hi sarah, your employer has to apply to sponsor you and when that is approved they will get a Transaction reference number (TRN) and they will let you know this number as it is needed when applying for your visa. In the meantime you can make sure you have all the other documentation sorted here's a checklist

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...pplication.htm

How long did it take to get acknowledgement form QNC after you sent the forms??

Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi sarah, your employer has to apply to sponsor you and when that is approved they will get a Transaction reference number (TRN) and they will let you know this number as it is needed when applying for your visa. In the meantime you can make sure you have all the other documentation sorted here's a checklist

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...pplication.htm

How long did it take to get acknowledgement form QNC after you sent the forms??

Hiya thanks for that, got cerified copies already just need to sort my medical out now, it says to wait until immigration say so but I might just go ahead and get it arranged, have you sorted yours yet?

I sent my app off to QNC on 10th and got acknowledgment through on 24th, so you should be getting yours through soon
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Hiya thanks for that, got cerified copies already just need to sort my medical out now, it says to wait until immigration say so but I might just go ahead and get it arranged, have you sorted yours yet?

I sent my app off to QNC on 10th and got acknowledgment through on 24th, so you should be getting yours through soon
Two weeks is not bad!!

We've booked medicals for 3rd April...we're getting them done at Harley St as the xrays are £40 there compared to £91 locally!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Two weeks is not bad!!

We've booked medicals for 3rd April...we're getting them done at Harley St as the xrays are £40 there compared to £91 locally!!!
Just to let you both know, I did my QNC reg last Nov. It took 5 weeks start to finish. I was debating whether to put this on actually just in case they take ages but I think it's always nice to share!! Good to hear a few going through the same thing at the same time.

Sarah.x