457 visa

Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 457 visa

Hi
I am accompanying my husband to Sydney he is on a 457 visa (not nursing)
would i be better off to register from here or wait till I get to Sydney at the end of may? advice anyone?

kim
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 visa

Hi Kim

I'm heading out on a 457, have a job to go to in Melbourne and have been advised that the Nursing Board of Victoria can take up to 3 months to process the application. Therefore I would suggest you contact the relevant nursing registration board for Sydney, enquire about processing times and then work out a timescale from that.

I',m planning to head out in July, thus giving me enough time to sort out registration, visa etc.

Cheers

Jonny
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

I came out to Oz on a 457 visa which was my hubby's and I found it easier to register from the UK, that way, its all done when you get there.

The one thing that I did do though was to phone the NSW board and ask them to keep my registration card in Sydney as I would be picking it up which they did. This way you get to send off all of your forms now but you can call them and collect your certificate and card when you arrange in Sydney.

Whereabouts are you thinking of staying in Sydney?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:59 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 457 visa

we will initially be living in rushcott bay but will be looking for alternative accomodation once I get there.

Kim
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:01 pm

Thanks for the replies how do you start the whole process? I am deaf so cant use the phone easily

Kim
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Why not contact NSW nursing board via email explaining your situation in detail, it may help to find a job before you do this - if you want to of course -in my opinion if you have a prospective job offer, or at least the support of a prospective employer; they will assist/advise you with registration.

Remember just because you get offered a job, doesn't mean you have to take it. Then you'll have the guidance of an Australian employer, the experience of an interview & whats expected of you, which has has come at minimum cost, with no obligation to commit yourself.

Just Google N SW nursing registration, click the links and away you go.......

Regards

Jonny

P.s. Research everything meticulously for yourself, do not rely solely on comments & posts from this or any other forum (my comments included), while it is clear that this forum has some good tips/advice; people can often mis-interpret information, which could become a problem.