457 or 136

Old May 25th 2007, 1:57 pm
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice
Default 457 or 136

Hi All,

Heres my dilemma have been offered a sponsored post in Freo WA and at the time it sounded great but having found this forum we are now far wiser.

We want to leave cold grey Scotland but with all the costs in only having a 457 are finding it less likely e.g having to pay TAFE fees,no PBS, no Medicare,Stamp Duty,no 1st Home Grant etc etc.

We think we should do the modified assessment and go 136.

Whats your thoughts????
Old May 25th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 457 or 136

136 every time, gives you all those things you mention and your security
good luck
Old May 25th 2007, 2:27 pm
Never give up!!

Nairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really niceNairn is just really nice

Cheers Tilly did you go modified assesment on the full one??
Old May 25th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nairn
Unfortunately in the first instance I'm going on the 457 then for employer sponsorship as I am too old for 136 now. I registered with QNC first then once that was through I have sent off for modified assessment as it is much cheaper that way. But if you want to be there quicker and can afford it do the full assessment as they are taking the same amount of time as modified 8-10 weeks average then you can apply for 136 and then register with nursing board of your choice whilst waiting for PR to come through.
Old May 25th 2007, 8:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi Nairn
Unfortunately in the first instance I'm going on the 457 then for employer sponsorship as I am too old for 136 now.
It is not obligatory to get a 457 before applying for employer nominated migration.
Old May 25th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know but unfortunately cant get Queensland health to do ENS first, will only do 457 then after probationary period will do ENS. But not had contract yet so may have changed their minds!
Old May 26th 2007, 7:44 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nairn
Hi All,

Heres my dilemma have been offered a sponsored post in Freo WA and at the time it sounded great but having found this forum we are now far wiser.

We want to leave cold grey Scotland but with all the costs in only having a 457 are finding it less likely e.g having to pay TAFE fees,no PBS, no Medicare,Stamp Duty,no 1st Home Grant etc etc.

Whats your thoughts????
136 all the way. It only takes a month or 2 longer.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nairn
Hi All,

Whats your thoughts????
We got offered the same but went with the 136, employer is still willing to wait.
Old May 26th 2007, 2:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I know but unfortunately cant get Queensland health to do ENS first, will only do 457 then after probationary period will do ENS. But not had contract yet so may have changed their minds!
Queensland seems to be where most of the "difficult" employers are in this respect.

Is going to Queensland so important? Why not find an employer in another state with a more flexible mind-set?
Old May 26th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks JAJ sort of come to that conclusion too. Have recently applied for a job in South Australia just waiting to see if have been shortlisted for an interview. Have made it very clear to them that I am only interested in RSMS or ENS. Queensland are so short of staff I dont understand it myself, I know some people are not bothered about 457 but we have a teenager and dog to bring too, so desperate for the security really looking forward to coming but 457 is my only stressor.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Thanks JAJ sort of come to that conclusion too. Have recently applied for a job in South Australia just waiting to see if have been shortlisted for an interview. Have made it very clear to them that I am only interested in RSMS or ENS. Queensland are so short of staff I dont understand it myself, I know some people are not bothered about 457 but we have a teenager and dog to bring too, so desperate for the security really looking forward to coming but 457 is my only stressor.
I've recently changed my mind and decided 136 is best for me. I would have had to pay the hospital back the $4000 agents fee if i decided to leave within two years!! The agent is still persuing me and trying to convince me 457 is best but ive made up my mind. I need more security. Im cashing in my pension to pay for it though!!!
Old May 29th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all just thought I would let you know had a phone call from Royal Childrens HR they have offered me Employer Nominated Sponsorship (PR) husband and daughter running round house all excited !!!!!!!! dont know how I will sleep tonight.
thanks for all the support