24 days for positive skills assessment ANMC to come back

Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:03 pm
ad4ozz

Talking 24 days for positive skills assessment ANMC to come back

Well it turns out strangely enough I am a nurse even in Australia, at least for the next 2 years for migration purposes…..Yipeeee….as I received a positive Skills Assessment today only 24 days after request was posted.

After all those exams and courses in England I always suspected I was but now the Aussies have confirmed it for definite and only cost me $AU 580 what a snip.

Good luck everyone else as I am quite happy with 24 days as was working on eight to ten weeks…well on to the main 136 visa forIndependent Skilled Migration.

Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:08 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 24 days for positive skills assessment ANMC to come back

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Well it turns out strangely enough I am a nurse even in Australia, at least for the next 2 years for migration purposes…..Yipeeee….as I received a positive Skills Assessment today only 24 days after request was posted.

After all those exams and courses in England I always suspected I was but now the Aussies have confirmed it for definite and only cost me $AU 580 what a snip.

Good luck everyone else as I am quite happy with 24 days as was working on eight to ten weeks…well on to the main 136 visa forIndependent Skilled Migration.
Congratulations that was an excellent turnover!

I have got all docs certified today. Once I get this one measly reference about competancy my application will be in the post to QNC then very shortly after once I have registration modified ANMC assessment will be sent. Solicitor has countersigned both QNC and ANMC forms. Apparantly turnover for QNC is 10 days, and modified ANMC they are saying 4 weeks on web, but many getting it granted sooner.

This is so exciting isn't it!!!!?

Lynn
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:32 pm
ad4ozz

Cool Re: 24 days for positive skills assessment ANMC to come back

Didn't expect the ANMC back so soon so will have to chase my boss for updated reference for DIMA as need to add a few things I think to make sure it's spot on.

Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:33 pm
ad4ozz

Oh by the way just worked out the exchange rate on the $AU580 and my plainish bit of Aussie paper for skills assesment approved for migration cost me £244.64 but at least it doesn't self destructed for two years.

Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Didn't expect the ANMC back so soon so will have to chase my boss for updated reference for DIMA as need to add a few things I think to make sure it's spot on.
Congratulations
My husband got his back about two weeks ago on pretty much the same timeline as you. We didn't expect it to be so quick and have just spent the last couple of weeks getting the visa application sorted. It's just about ready to go early next week once everything has been certified.
Where abouts are you heading? We are off to Adelaide. Hoping to go early in the new year - visa permitting of course.
Congratulations again.
Jo
Old Nov 21st 2004, 12:11 pm
ad4ozz

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Congratulations
My husband got his back about two weeks ago on pretty much the same timeline as you. We didn't expect it to be so quick and have just spent the last couple of weeks getting the visa application sorted. It's just about ready to go early next week once everything has been certified.
Where abouts are you heading? We are off to Adelaide. Hoping to go early in the new year - visa permitting of course.
Congratulations again.
Jo
Heading for Brisbane if we make it through the next two rounds the visa and the medicals....Hoping to send in visa end of next week....Had a laugh at form 80 but luckly had been sad and wrote every job my husband and I have had since leaving school down so wasn't to much of a problem. Certification was a nightmare so many copies of everything and we had had lots of passport pages stamped by countries so all of them to do as well. Luckly we have a pet Certifier so plied her with wine as cheaper than Solicitors who wanted £5 a signature.

Old Nov 21st 2004, 5:04 pm

Heading for Brisbane if we make it through the next two rounds the visa and the medicals....Hoping to send in visa end of next week....Had a laugh at form 80 but luckly had been sad and wrote every job my husband and I have had since leaving school down so wasn't to much of a problem. Certification was a nightmare so many copies of everything and we had had lots of passport pages stamped by countries so all of them to do as well. Luckly we have a pet Certifier so plied her with wine as cheaper than Solicitors who wanted £5 a signature.
My poor solicitor didn't know what had hit him!!! The hour appointment ran into 1.5 hours of signing and stamping 41 docs + 2 witnessed signatures!!! He only charged 50 pound for his time.

Like you we also had lots of non blank pages in our passports due to all the countries we have visited - and just to really hack him off the emmigration control had put individual stamps on individual pages!!! I have heard others quoted 5 pound a sig too - I say phone around!!!

Lynn
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:48 pm
ad4ozz

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
My poor solicitor didn't know what had hit him!!! The hour appointment ran into 1.5 hours of signing and stamping 41 docs + 2 witnessed signatures!!! He only charged 50 pound for his time.

Like you we also had lots of non blank pages in our passports due to all the countries we have visited - and just to really hack him off the emmigration control had put individual stamps on individual pages!!! I have heard others quoted 5 pound a sig too - I say phone around!!!

Lynn
Will keep giving bottle of wine instead of money much more enjoyable all round and if she's pissed when she signs she won't notice how many... .
Have you got your skills assessment back? I'm lost off with where you are up to Lynnlovessun as think you said you were hoping to go Brisbane way on the community if I remember correct???

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:06 am

Will keep giving bottle of wine instead of money much more enjoyable all round and if she's pissed when she signs she won't notice how many... .
Have you got your skills assessment back? I'm lost off with where you are up to Lynnlovessun as think you said you were hoping to go Brisbane way on the community if I remember correct???
Yes we are off to Brisbane asap, finance permitting. And I am a community staff nurse in Scotland.

Doing QNC reg 1st - My lead nurse who is signing my reference has went off sick with AF!!!!! Am going to ask another sister Wed night if she will sign my competancy thing but she is leaving! (hope this dosen't matter!?)

So lots of silly holdup's but everything certified ad applications both completed - ......just need that signature now!

R u off to Brisbane too? When are u going?

Lynn
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 9:23 pm
ad4ozz

Plan at present is to go to Brisbane...haven't a clue where as never been... ...but it looks like the best bet for us so far and also more job prospects for husband.

Can't quite get head around Perth to far off on it's own.

Like diving so have heard rumour there is this 'barrier' thing near Brisbane that might come in handy and also friend lives NZ so not to far for them.

I'm waiting for reference back off Boss and hope to have main visa done for weekend...hope you get yours signed ok.