189 Visa and ANMAC

Old Apr 6th 2016, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 Visa and ANMAC

Hey guys!
I'm attempting to complete my visa process myself rather than paying the agent fees!

Just wondering if anyone knows the answers to a couple of questions?

Does the Anzsco code I use for my ANMAC need to be the same as the one for my visa?
I was going to apply for ANMAC with the Registered nurse NEC so I didn't have to gather as much evidence and save some time. But I wasn't sure if I would have more chance of my visa being accepted if i applied under a specilist code I.e registered nurse aged care or registered nurse rehabilitation?
Or if I could just use two different codes?

Also, I need the points from and English exam, does anyone have any ideas if IELTS or the PTE is easier?
I can do the IELTS at the end of April but Pte isn't until end of May! Just wondered if it's worth waiting for PTE as I think I've heard it is easier to Pass?

Any help much appreciated! Hope everyone is well!
Becky
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Visa and ANMAC

Yes you should get a skills assessment in the occupation you intend to nominate for the visa application.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Yeah it will definitely be in nursing. It's just there are different codes
For different areas.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nurse Becky
Yeah it will definitely be in nursing. It's just there are different codes
For different areas.
I don't understand your response. I did not say you need to get it in "nursing". I know there are different codes. You need to pick an occupation code and use it for both skills assessment and visa.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

You need to use the same code with both ANMAC and your visa.

Why is PTE not until May? I was able to book PTE with a couple days notice, and you get the results the next day. IELTS you have to book further in advance and wait 2 weeks for the results.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I don't understand your response. I did not say you need to get it in "nursing". I know there are different codes. You need to pick an occupation code and use it for both skills assessment and visa.
Forgive me it's been a very long day I read your message wrong. Thank you.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mgreaves
You need to use the same code with both ANMAC and your visa.

Why is PTE not until May? I was able to book PTE with a couple days notice, and you get the results the next day. IELTS you have to book further in advance and wait 2 weeks for the results.
I can only see seats available for PTE on the 26th of May. Ielts only have seats after the 21st of April.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

I can only see seats available for PTE on the 26th of May. Ielts only have seats after the 21st of April.
Are there other centres? I did mine in London and thus had a lot of choice for both, PTE always had closer availability.

I ended up sitting both as I didn't get the marks I needed in IELTS. IELTS has a 2 week wait for results where as PTE has next day results, PTE is computer based where IELTS is old fashioned exam hall paper exam. I was in and out of the PTE as I finished early, you can't leave IELTS early and have to wait between the test sections where PTE combines all sections together.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mgreaves
Are there other centres? I did mine in London and thus had a lot of choice for both, PTE always had closer availability.

I ended up sitting both as I didn't get the marks I needed in IELTS. IELTS has a 2 week wait for results where as PTE has next day results, PTE is computer based where IELTS is old fashioned exam hall paper exam. I was in and out of the PTE as I finished early, you can't leave IELTS early and have to wait between the test sections where PTE combines all sections together.
No unfortunately there's only one Pte test centre here in Perth so I'm booked in there for the 19th. Lots of practice between now and then!

You can't be far off come over here now are you all sorted? Excited?
You don't happen to know how to get emails certified do you? I need to prove my defacto relationship so I've got old email receipts for holidays etc but I don't know if I need to take my iPad or something to show the JP the original email? (If that makes sense)
Old Apr 8th 2016, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

No unfortunately there's only one Pte test centre here in Perth so I'm booked in there for the 19th. Lots of practice between now and then!

You can't be far off come over here now are you all sorted? Excited?
You don't happen to know how to get emails certified do you? I need to prove my defacto relationship so I've got old email receipts for holidays etc but I don't know if I need to take my iPad or something to show the JP the original email? (If that makes sense)

Ah good luck then!

3rd June we fly out! However this is now simply a validation trip/activate AHPRA, we are flying straight back to Asia and doing 5 months around South East Asia first before heading back to Australia!

You don't need to certify anything when uploading for a 189 visa, colour copies are fine. There is wording on the website around certifying uploads, but it is an old reference, it also says colour copies are fine. I also simply uploaded some black and white copies and these were not questioned.

To prove my de facto I provided a mortgage statement in both names, a joint bank account statement, a few photos and I wrote a letter signed by me (main applicant) explaining when we started dating, how relationship progressed, when we moved in together.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Wow really! So I don't need to get any of the evidence certified?.
That's a massive save!. Although I have just spent the last two days printing and scanning things haha.
I've got holiday receipts, tenancy agreement for 12months and a newspaper article we were in together in 2012. I've got a few other bits and bobs too as we didn't have a joint bank account in the uk only over here.

Can I use the same job reference for Anmac and the visa?.
Paid for my Anmac yesterday but haven't had my cover letter through yet.

5 months in asisa sounds amazing were hoping to travel next year after all the visa buisness has settled down!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Yes there is no need to pay for certification, colour copies are all that is required.

If you shared bills and thus transferred money between each others accounts, then individual statements showing this helps. Also it doesn't matter where the relationship documents are from, if you have joint accounts in Australia then attach them.

Yes I simply uploaded the exact same documents from the skills assessment to prove education and work, my degree had been certified but that is it (accounting here not ANMAC). I then additionally added payslips and P60's.