Your Username?!

Old May 6th 2009, 8:58 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Your Username?!

Yes, I'm talking to you ...

Well, not Michelle & Carl, as that's pretty self-explanatory!

What made you pick your username and what does it stand for?

I'll start. I am Loolah. My oldest friend who lives in Dublin, sent me a text about 5 years ago in response to some little blonde moment I'd had and called me Loolah. Her interpretation was ... bit blonde, bit scatty, away with the fairies. I have no idea at all why she felt it applied to me ...

But it stuck, so that's why I "Am Loolah"
Old May 6th 2009, 9:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Username?!

Hello from an obvious username

Wish I had picked something exotic and unusual but wasn't feeling very imaginative when I first logged on so Sue R it is. Only thought I'd be on here a few times and then bugger off...
Old May 6th 2009, 9:28 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hello from an obvious username

Wish I had picked something exotic and unusual but wasn't feeling very imaginative when I first logged on so Sue R it is. Only thought I'd be on here a few times and then bugger off...
And there was me thinking you were going to say your name is actually Persephone but you couldn't be bothered to type it in!

But very glad you didn't bugger off - you've been a
Old May 6th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

englishheaven will become famous soon enoughenglishheaven will become famous soon enough

My name is from Rupert Brooke. "And think, this heart, all evil shed away, A pulse in the eternal mind, no less
Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
In hearts at peace, under an English heaven."
Old May 6th 2009, 11:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

And there was me thinking you were going to say your name is actually Persephone but you couldn't be bothered to type it in!

But very glad you didn't bugger off - you've been a
well thanks Am Loolah. But good to know where your name came from- I thought I was probably lacking in knowledge of contemporary culture but it turns out I needn't have worried

Can I call myself Persephone R?- it does sound so much more romantic and interesting but my inherent laziness may well stop me logging in so often
Old May 6th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scottish and very sweet and fizzy, though not bright orange
Old May 6th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't think of a decent name,tried to think of something to describe myself but short,dark and plump didn't have a nice ring to it! Then I thought well,I am from Glasgow which makes me Glaswegian and my friends in Aberdeen call me Phyllis the weejie ( which means to those from the NE of Scotland someone from Glasgow) so hey presto! Weejie it was and is.

Phyl x
Old May 6th 2009, 5:39 pm
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Well, my username came from when I kept bees not so long ago and I took them to the Borage etc in my Isuzu Trooper - thus Beetrooper.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sue R

Can I call myself Persephone R?- it does sound so much more romantic and interesting but my inherent laziness may well stop me logging in so often
Yes you can. Ask Sue of admin.

Mine is simple really, for a simple soul.
Way back when I first found an NZ forum 2003 to ask that mystical first question 'Job Offer or Visa First' I found I needed to register with a username. So I used one of my husbands old nickname from his sports clubs. Quick , simple and easy to type. Plus I could remember who was suposed to be us.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

My middle name is Elizabeth - when I was little I couldn't say it - I could only say 'My name is ****** Liffyliff Clarke. So my family called me Liffy!

Simples
Old May 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LiffyB
My middle name is Elizabeth - when I was little I couldn't say it - I could only say 'My name is ****** Liffyliff Clarke. So my family called me Liffy!

Simples
Ooo. I really like that

When my sister was very little she couldn't say my name at all and called me liddalee for ages.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Mines quite simple really it is my Grandsons Name, my OH worked for a Finnish company when Grandson was born and my Daughter wanted something diffferent so Hence Kimi and his middle Name is Deacon.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Couldn't think of a decent name,tried to think of something to describe myself but short,dark and plump didn't have a nice ring to it! Then I thought well,I am from Glasgow which makes me Glaswegian and my friends in Aberdeen call me Phyllis the weejie ( which means to those from the NE of Scotland someone from Glasgow) so hey presto! Weejie it was and is.

Phyl x
How do you make a Ouija board?

You take away their Daily Record

Sorry!
Old May 7th 2009, 3:18 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's obvious I guess. My favourite biscuit was Tesco pink wrapper Bourbons with balckcurrant tea and for a long while I missed them in NZ. I could get Crawfords from the English section of NW but at $3+ for a single row (compared with about 60p for a double pack inthe UK) they somehow didn't taste as good. The odd UK visitor brought me some but they were always bashed and undunkable and then I went back to the UK but had gall stones and couldn't eat any fat

I'm over Bourbon Biscuits now, apart from when it's cold and dark outside and a fire's lit and I think of blackcurrant tea and a pink pack of Tesco own Bourbon Biscuits ....
Old May 7th 2009, 3:33 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's fairly self-explanatory when you know my name's Norah

I use Nonie too on other forums - my younger brothers and sisters couldn't say Norah. They still call me Nonie

Am Loolah - I often wondered - tbh, you don't need to be 'bit blonde, bit scatty, away with the fairies" - we just call ALL mad people Loolah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.