Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Young Female moving to Auckland in Feb!

Young Female moving to Auckland in Feb!

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

BexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really nice
Default Young Female moving to Auckland in Feb!

Hey everyone,
I'm Bex, I'm 21 and just received my 2 year work visa. I'll be flying out during the first week in February and have a job lined up which will start the following week. Would love to hear from anyone living around the North Shore area as my job is there. Will either be living there or towards the city but in the direction of the North Shore (If that makes sense!)
I've lived in Aucks for 4 months before, but wasn't working was just a visitor & was living with a family there rather than living with flatmates which is what I'll be doing this time. I already know a few people over there too.
Bex
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Young Female moving to Auckland in Feb!

Hey Bex!

Im moving over to Auckland later next year and it would be nice to get to know someone that knows the area. Where abouts are you moving to?

Kim x
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

BexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really niceBexW is just really nice

Hey Kim!
I'm gonna be working on the North Shore but not too sure about where I'm living yet! How about you? I have a rubbish sense of direction too so not sure how much help I can be haha, but I do know where a couple of malls are lol!!! Are you working while you're there- how long are you there for?
xxx
Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

We are not sure where we are going to be living yet. We are not arriving untill septmeber so we still have time to find out but it wont be far from the north shore. That sounds good to me. I love to shop We are there to stay when we get there

Kim x
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.
We are not in Auckland at all . We are down in Nelson.

My husband is from Wolverhampton. Is that your neck of the woods too ?

Have some karma to get you started.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Hey Kim, that's cool that you're coming in Sept- I'll hopefully be settled by then & know my way around a bit more! (Plus winter will be over by then & the sun will be starting to shine!!!)
Are you with a partner/children or anything? What other interests do you have? Nearer the time I can give you my email address and NZ cellphone number, then we can keep in contact more easily! You'll have to let me know if you need anything between Feb & Sept too!
I'm from near Coventry- where are you from? (So Bevs, not too far from Wolverhampton!)
xxx
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it will be nice to come from the british summer into more sun! I am coming over with my partner, Mike, also my family are coming over aswell but not untill after us. Im into different sports, films, my gorgeous dog Cleo How about you what are your interests? It will be great to keep in touch, we visited Auckland last year and have friends that live in Devonport. Im from Birmingham, so not far from you. If you ever get bored before you go we could always meet up for a coffee or something.

x x x
Old Dec 28th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Hey, did you have a good Christmas? Hope you made the most of it- Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere is a lot different!
I'm into films, music, hanging out with friends, the beach, and shopping!! (Just been to the sales and bought a bunch of stuff, then remembered I have to get in all in a suitcase, haha..Can you tell I'm blonde?!)
Is your dog going over to NZ too??
I'm starting to get a little bit stressed about the move- there seems to be lots to do in not much time, and my friends over there who are sorting out my accomodation keep emailing me about things that to me seem un-important such as what kitchen utencils we need to buy! I'm just like 'I am NOT buying them here, so what's the point in telling me that?!' Haha.. Never mind! I just tell them that as long as I have a matress to sleep on then it'll be fine!
How are all your plans coming along? Do you have a job offer already? Have you sorted a visa and things yet?x
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ye i had a gd christmas. You? I know i was in NZ last Dec it was so weird being in the sun!! Ye my dog is coming over aswel Couldnt leave her behind. Plans are coming along good, we are just waiting for our medical results to come back and then our ITA will be completed and ready to send off We havent had job offers yet as people cant quarantee us anything until nearer the time, but we have had people that are interested which is good. Is everything sorted for you? Got much left to pack or get ready?

x x x
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Yeh had a great Christmas thanks- lots of fun! Have said goodbye to most of my extended family now too, so it's all getting very real!
I haven't packed one single thing yet, but I have 5 weeks left so should be fine! Everything else is sorted apart from accomodation and a NZ bank account, but I'll most probably do that once I'm over there. I can't wait for some sunshine now that Christmas is over! I just want to get warm and swim in the sea!
If I have time before I go, it would be fun to meet for a coffee! I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how things are going! Do you work fulltime?? I worked 2 part-time jobs this year, have finished one now and carrying on the other until Jan 16th then finish!x
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

I bet its hard saying good bye to everyone. You still have time to pack then. Thats cool, you'll be going into sunshine now! Thats the great thing about when we move is that we will be going from sun to SUN I kinda work full time as im still training so i work all week but then get sent to college for a week about every 2 months! Ye lets us know how everything is going and if you get a spare couple of hours to meet up.

x x x
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

rachaelthornley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Young Female moving to Auckland in Feb!

Originally Posted by BexW
Hey everyone,
I'm Bex, I'm 21 and just received my 2 year work visa. I'll be flying out during the first week in February and have a job lined up which will start the following week. Would love to hear from anyone living around the North Shore area as my job is there. Will either be living there or towards the city but in the direction of the North Shore (If that makes sense!)
I've lived in Aucks for 4 months before, but wasn't working was just a visitor & was living with a family there rather than living with flatmates which is what I'll be doing this time. I already know a few people over there too.
Bex
Hi Bex,

I'm moving to Auckland next week (i fly on sat 3rd and get there mon 5th jan), so scared as i don't know anyone and never flown on my own before.

I'l be working in newmarket, have a week off to explore and go shopping, get a nice tan (hopefully it will be sunny next week). I'm from manchester but at my mums till i leave at the weekend, still not fully packed as i have far too many clothes, shoes and handbags for 2 suitcases. Are you flying via LA or singapore?

What type of work will you be doing?

cheers

rach xx