World SuperBikes

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default World SuperBikes

Just a reminder the WSBK season starts this weekend at Phillip Island

Should be a cracking season with some close racing
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World SuperBikes

Originally Posted by Justcol
Just a reminder the WSBK season starts this weekend at Phillip Island

Should be a cracking season with some close racing
I am very envious of you bikers. I have a full bike licence but don't have the bottle any more. When I did I only had a lump of pig iron in the guise of a Kwaki 750 Zephyr. It is/must be the best fun until if you are unlucky enough or silly enough like a mate of mine back in the 80s. He just did a HUGE Euro trip on a huge 1300 thing and then got killed road racing/fooling 4 miles from home. Great loss. But biking is huge fun eh? I wish I could pluck up the courage. Not sure Kate would let me even if I could.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Zephyrs were cool bikes, very old school and retro.
It does make you stop and think when you loose friends and I'd never question anybody who lost someone
and decided to call it a day, its a personal thing. I've always got back on and continued to ride, Its my ultimate
indulgence, I rarely carry passengers and usually ride alone, I'm the stereotypical "its just me, the bike and road" guy.

Maybe you should look at gentle off road stuff, its great fun, not high speed and you usually fall onto grass or a mud bath when you do bin it
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Zephyrs were cool bikes, very old school and retro.
It does make you stop and think when you loose friends and I'd never question anybody who lost someone
and decided to call it a day, its a personal thing. I've always got back on and continued to ride, Its my ultimate
indulgence, I rarely carry passengers and usually ride alone, I'm the stereotypical "its just me, the bike and road" guy.

Maybe you should look at gentle off road stuff, its great fun, not high speed and you usually fall onto grass or a mud bath when you do bin it
Cheers Col, thanks for the heads up on off roading. I'll need a tow bar and trailer..oh, and a bike. Cheaper than learning to fly, no tankers to dodge..sounds quite safe!!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

At last!
Fed up of all this puffball shenanigans on tv.......
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:37 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
I am very envious of you bikers. I have a full bike licence but don't have the bottle any more. When I did I only had a lump of pig iron in the guise of a Kwaki 750 Zephyr. It is/must be the best fun until if you are unlucky enough or silly enough like a mate of mine back in the 80s. He just did a HUGE Euro trip on a huge 1300 thing and then got killed road racing/fooling 4 miles from home. Great loss. But biking is huge fun eh? I wish I could pluck up the courage. Not sure Kate would let me even if I could.
Never too late to get back and mobile again 'G'. With the correct tuition and training it's there for the taking. As soon as we get our gear from the container it's bike hunting time.... My Blackbird and wife's VTec are being sold UK side (salt ridden) the it's look for a smaller twisties machine...possibly a Triumph Street Triple....
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Never too late to get back and mobile again 'G'. With the correct tuition and training it's there for the taking. As soon as we get our gear from the container it's bike hunting time.... My Blackbird and wife's VTec are being sold UK side (salt ridden) the it's look for a smaller twisties machine...possibly a Triumph Street Triple....
Oh I remember all the stuff, life savers and riding the road in a 'dominant' fashion etc. In fact I will openly admit passing my bike licence at 38 years of age made me a much better car driver...I learned sooooo much and have not forgotten ANY of it!! I converted my UK full bike to an Nz full bike as I just wanted to keep my options open..it cost me an arm and a leg..and never say never eh???
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:15 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Some would say living in NZ and NOT riding a bike is a sin.....
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Some would say living in NZ and NOT riding a bike is a sin.....
Or the safe option....see the kiwi driving thread
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:16 am

Or the safe option....see the kiwi driving thread
You know that when your out on a bike they are all out to get you! Especially the ones in cars and vans........