Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

World Cup - Merged Threads

World Cup - Merged Threads

Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:39 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...10/8771500.stm
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say I don't like football, I said I don't like the way it is played. It should be beautiful and flow but it doesn't because people are throwing themselves on the floor at every opportunity and claiming every ball as their own. It is nice to see kids over here saying "actually it's your throw it came off me" - I wonder how long that will last.
Most of Colandros's points apply equally or more so to football. I didn't say rugby is whiter than white!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:17 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

After further research, I take back my previous comments about German grass roots coaching. When I was there (95-2000) the standard of youth coaching was poor. Since their exit of Euro 2000 in the group stage, the DFB and Bundeliga have got together to work out a programme to encourage youth coaching. Indeed NO Budesliga team will get a licence without having both an accadamy AND proven coaching links into the community.

Germany from having very few qualified youth coaches in 2000 now has 13 times as many as England....and their young teams show it!

...So going back to my previous posts...England have 8 years to get it right. they are not starting from the same point as Germany as there are some good schemes in place so 8 years should be ample.

....but what's the betting the FA don't change a thing?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:19 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask one question to anyone in the World 'What is NZ most famous for?' and the answer will be simply.....'The All Blacks'...............
Like Woodlea the only football I watch is schoolboy the stage before proffessional dramatics takes over.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:23 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ask one question to anyone in the World 'What is NZ most famous for?' and the answer will be simply.....'The All Blacks'...............
Like Woodlea the only football I watch is schoolboy the stage before proffessional dramatics takes over.
Nope ...ask the rugby playing world...which lets face it isn't very big ( Ask an American or French or German what rugby even is....and yes I know they all play ....a bit!)
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:04 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Nope ...ask the rugby playing world...which lets face it isn't very big ( Ask an American or French or German what rugby even is....and yes I know they all play ....a bit!)
Well there we disagree.....
Old Jun 30th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Rugby's not a world game, there's barely a handful of teams that play it. Even the terms southern & northern hemisphere teams are used make it look global, yet's there's only 3 possibily 4 (Argentina - but we known what their fav sport is) serious teams south of the equator, and I think only 2 of the main 5 european teams have been NZ in the last 20 years!

Re: the earlier post, certainly some of the play acting at football can be annoying (it would be great to see players punished after the fact from video evidence) but it's little difference in most sports, after all how many batsmen these days wald when they know they've nicked it to a slip catch - too few.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

why the heck is rugby being discussed in a football thread ?
There are no comparisons between the two sports so lets keep it that way
no smart answers please just start a rugby thread
Ta very much
col

How can i answer the club V country question.
All clubs release their players to play in they own continents championships.
African nations, asian or south american championships and there is no
dispute that they should go.
If i say play for the club you'll think told you so, if i say play for country
you'll think told you so. its a situation that wont arise as schedules are
worked well in advance to prevent clashes but hand on heart if it was
competative game then the national teams progress comes first.
What i do find disapointing is the way everybody jumps on the bandwagon
and turns like a pack of dogs when things dont work out.
its no surprise is it, english slagging off the english instead of supporting them when they need it.
We went, we tried , we failed, we'll be back.
Do you thnk the germans (seeing as they are being touted as the team to be)
tear their team apart whenever they dont win? do they all start whinging saying
told you we were crap, told you we wouldnt win?
No they applaud the effort thats been made and look to learn from what went wrong
The germans may have an impresive youth scheme but they havent and
wont win the cup, so why not compare the english system to the spanish
or brazilian systems. How do they stack up for youth promotion?
Probably not as well as english clubs.
It seems to be the "big 4" taking the blame for englands downfall.
All of the big clubs spread the gaze far and wide through schools, youthclubs,
training camps, accademies and communtiy projects.
The rest of the premiership could take a leaf from their books when it come to
scouting for new home grown talent
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:44 am

why the heck is rugby being discussed in a football thread ?
There are no comparisons between the two sports so lets keep it that way
no smart answers please just start a rugby thread
Ta very much
col

Spoilsport......
Old Jun 30th 2010, 11:50 am

We have to talk about other sports at the mo in England........for obvious reasons.......
Old Jun 30th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

OOohh good can we talk about netball as well then !
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

Originally Posted by colandros
How can you say that and not think the same about rugby?
Football, boring!! what do i see when i watch rugby? get the ball run into a group of opponents and go to ground.
after a while the ball comes out and it all happens again. There is no flow to the game its just stop, start, stop start.
Players punching each other, stamping on each other. At schoolboy level there are
often articles about parents getting involved in brawls.
Look at the way rugby is run down here. The all blacks are just a money making machine
for the governing body. Rugby is seen as a career option for many young people who under achieve educationally.
At schools rugby comes before accademic study, what sort of message is that to pass onto young people?
Its ok to be thick son because you are pretty good at throwing a ball around.
Rugby teams are not clubs followed by local people with a passion for their local teams
they are FRANCHISES and are discussed as business's even on sport related
tv and radio shows.
The all blacks are on annual contracts and are in the squad regaurdless of how they are playing.
From what i can see most of the all blacks dont compete at club level as they are all ways on international duty
with the seemingly endless amounts of international games.
I can understand if football isnt your cup of tea but to compare it to rugby as a whiter than white game is ridiculous.
just about every reference to the word rugby could be changed to the word football and this post would read little different. and are the english cricket team not run along the lines of annual contracts/internationals etc ?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the 100m team at school
Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:02 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I was in the 100m team at school
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

No!!
Netball is not a sport, its just women jumping around and waving their arms at each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.