Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

World Cup - Merged Threads

World Cup - Merged Threads

Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:56 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

Originally Posted by thedtb
I've got Freeview working from a Sat' Dish, looking at Optus D1 but no sign of a channel called SBS (there's only 15 to look through so I can't be overlooking it).

Nevermind, I've received some suggestions for websites that may be streaming it... I'll find a way to watch it!!
http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/forum/...ic,1011.0.html

tells you what to adjust to get them :-)
I can look my settings up if you like

WC shcedule here - interactive and nice:

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Twas a piss-poor game. Can't believe I got up after only 5 hours sleep to watch it

Please don't let them play Heskey again
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Takes me back to 2002 7 goals in 59 says it all really.
Agree with the Gerrard/Lampard, combination absolutely awful, but after today I would drop Gerrard, his passing was abysmal.
put Gerrad in behind Rooney (who was rubbish but has potential to come good) birng in Joe Cole on the left. Lenon, Barry, Lampard, Cole in the mids, with Barry covering the centre backs and you've got to give Dawson a run now - why was King on the bench as he's not fit? and why 2 keepers???

I'd say Heskey was our best player for effort and almost for attainment today - we were that bad.

I reckon England are still as nervous as all the other teams were in the first round (apart from the Argies and Germany) so are still trying to win their games (or not lose them) as individuals not a team......my 9th grade team do that when they go a goal down and bunch up playing "me...me" football - they won today though against probably the best 9 year old keeper I have ever seen play....well done lads!!

The England nerves and formation MUST change or they'll be back home from a really poor group.....

Come on ENGLAND!
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:09 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry that I have not been able to comment the NZ-match as I have had work-commitments but now I'm free and may I congratulate your nation for your first point in the final-tournament. Tomorrow NZ will be against Italy, the defending champions and that's another watershed. By scoring a goal and getting a point NZ has already achieved more than some pessimists expected them to achieve.

England last night was terrible, yjey really looked demoralised and lacklustre, and that to remember against all the expectations for them. Perhaps all the pressure and the hype has been too much to handle for the team.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

were there leaves on the pitch ?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:26 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
were there leaves on the pitch ?
do you know it was as bad as watching Bolton play on a cold rainy day in Jan
back in the U K
( only joking nothing could be that bad )
xxxxx
Old Jun 20th 2010, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

back in the U K

How very rude !!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

the only thing i have learnt and accepted from this World Cup is that everyone in the UK should stop whinging about the BBC and accept how bloody brilliant it is.
I would give a lot to listen to some analysis by Lee Dixon and Alan Hansen even if its just to disagree with them.
This going to the pub for 7am is a bit tough too
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:46 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
back in the U K

How very rude !!
sorry
Old Jun 20th 2010, 9:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

The England football team visited an orphanage in South Africa today, "Its so good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto aged 6.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:58 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The England football team visited an orphanage in South Africa today, "Its so good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto aged 6.
So who's getting up at 2AM to watch the All Whites?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 11:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: World Cup - Merged Threads

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
So who's getting up at 2AM to watch the All Whites?
I'll be watching some of it...if I can stop myself from falling asleep .
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:02 pm
THR
Account Closed

I know it will be 5am Monday-morning in NZ when the NZ-Italy match will be on so not a lot of New Zealanders will be watching the match. That's a shame but I still hope that NZ will put up a good match against Italy but I think the Italians need to prove after their dismal first match that they are still a force to be reckoned with.

Btw, Paraguay are 1-0 ahead against Slovakia atm.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:04 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I'll be watching some of it...if I can stop myself from falling asleep .
good on ya - I was asleep when putting Lardy MkII to bed at 830pm, so not much chance for me. I fancy the Paraguay game will be better and the great finish with the outside of the boot to make it 1-0 was worthwhile so far!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:25 pm
THR
Account Closed

It is really funny how people say that it is a benefit for all the African countries that the tournament is in Africa. They forget that it is winter in South-Africa and the night-time temperatures may fall below zero and the day-time temperatures rarely rise above 15C. Therefore, very little benefit for countries located near the equator such as Nigeria and Cameroon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.