working question

Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

timdy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working question

Hello all, my Wife and I are hoping you can help. We have started to think about emmigrating to NZ and just had a question regarding the work situation. I am 40 and she is nearly 39, I have almost 16 years experience working as a systems admin in the IT industry and she is NNEB qualified with many years experience ranging with nannying, managing a pre-school and is currently working with special needs kids.

My question is in all your experience, do you think this would be in our favour if we decide to go for it?

Many many thanks

Tim
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:37 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: working question

Sure, go for it. First you should have a look at how this whole skilled immigration stuff basically works, so take a squiz at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...nd_Immigration to help you get a grasp on the jargon that will be bandied about if and when you decide to ask some questions.

OK, your age isn't really a problem. You should be able to find work in the IT industry assuming you have the skills that an employer needs. As for the NNEB thingie, I know that New Zealand is crying out for Early Childhood Educators (ECE). The childcare industry is now having to upgrade it's workforce's qualifications so it would be a good idea to see if your partner's qualifications fit into the framework.

If you have any questions, fire away. Someone on this board is bound to have an answer or will know where you can go to get those questions answered.

Good luck.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:42 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by happynz
...to upgrade it's workforce's qualifications...
erm...upgrade its workforce's qualification...

Grammar boo boo...stupid apostrophes...
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

timdy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Happy

Thanks for your reply, we are planning to go to Olympia in london next month where the expoNZ is taking place.

interesting to hear about the early education thing, sounds promissing.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
. As for the NNEB thingie, I know that New Zealand is crying out for Early Childhood Educators (ECE). The childcare industry is now having to upgrade it's workforce's qualifications so it would be a good idea to see if your partner's qualifications fit into the framework.

Good luck.
Yup NZ are looking for lots of ECE educators but....they do not recognise any British qualification as equivalent to their Early Childhood Degree/Diploma thingy. Even the Early Years add on that trained teachers in this country can now study for.
I would try emailing Kindergarten owners/managers directly for their views, I did and found them very helpful. Good luck with it all