Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Working with Kiwi's

Working with Kiwi's

Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Thumbs up Working with Kiwi's

Well I thought I would tell you, that when I was working in NZ the guys I worked with were a great bunch and they bent over backwards to help me. They were always asking things about the UK, like was this like that or is this the same as we do. And to my surprise it was like Da'sha vou(spelling not that good), but as time went on I was teaching some of the apprentices more than they had been taught in Australia on a course they did just before I got there. And I also picked up skill's that would have cost me a fortune to learn over here so there is a positive about working in NZ.

As now been back in UK Just over a year now and what a mistake of coming back, but hey I love the OH so had to make the big decistion of returning back to UK.(LOVE IS STRONG).

Regards

Stan

I'm now waiting for OH to say those words GET ME OUT OF HERE,
So fingers cross
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:09 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working with Kiwi's

Hi Stan,

Good to hear you had a positive experience. I've just finished my job here, but I worked with a really friendly, fun, accepting group and was very quickly one of the team. Usually the loud, annoying one - but one all the same! Like anywhere I found some of the personalities I warmed to more than others - but on the whole they were excellent. And they threw me the most lovely leaving do (to check I handed in my keys I suspect!)

I still get calls and texts from many of them even though I've been gone a week and a half and the invites to the drinkathons are still rolling in!

I would hope I can count many of them as friends despite no longer working there - and they are all Kiwis.

I hope things work out for you whichever way they turn.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Working with Kiwi's

Hi Am lohlah,
Thanks for the reply, I also had a great send off too even though I was there for a short time. And it just showed me how much they apprecieate how they had enjoyed my company. Mind you the boss just packeted his laptop and coat and went home, the satff were disgusted with him but hey who are the workers.
But like people say sometimes its the people who make the company work not the bosses.
Would love to go back and teach some of my skills as there are few and far between, and its not on the shortage list as I have asked around and there is a great shortage of skilled people and also reliable as us English(LOL).

Regards

Stan
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:52 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working with Kiwi's

Hopefully something will come up at a later date.

Here's a pic of how my leaving do ended before I acquainted myself with the floor of the bar ...
Attached Thumbnails Working with Kiwi's-leaving-do-019.jpg