Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Working in the Hamilton area

Working in the Hamilton area

Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:57 am
I'm going fishing .....

psa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant future
Default Working in the Hamilton area

Hi,
My OH and I will be flying over to the Hamilton/Cambridge area in October, from the UK, for a reccie to look into possible avenues of employment. She (OH) is a Primary School Teacher and has a list of Schools to visit in and around Cambridge and Leamington, as that is where we would ideally like to move to. I am a Plumber but am not Gas trained so cannot plumb in NZ, I do though have previous experience of research & development in pharmaceutical and food manufacturing, prior to retraining as a Plumber.

Does anyone work at/have worked for/know someone who works for Fonterra in Te Rapa, Orica Chemnet in Morrinsville, Ecolab in Te Rapa and CI Munro in Hamilton. They are part of a shortlist I have compiled to look into while we're over.
Also, does anyone know of or can recommend anywhere else ? or know someone on the NZ Apprenticeship training Trust, as that is a possible avenue to complete my plumbing training once we have eventually moved.

Many thanks,
Paul.