Reload this Page >

Work Permit/Visas HELP PLS!

Work Permit/Visas HELP PLS!

Old May 17th 2010, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

timbuktu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit/Visas HELP PLS!

Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and I am trying to get my ahead around all of the requirements to work in NZ. If anyone could help I would be really grateful. I have been onto a good few agents. Some wont give me advice without paying them and others are glad to help with information but the costs are quite high. Im wondering based on our case if anyone could let me know if we would be best using an agent of not. Im not too sure how complicated are case is so I will give you details:

We dont qualify to apply for EOI as we do not have 100 points as my OH works in IT (on the LTSS) but doesnt have a formal qualification. I on the other hand have a qualification but my work experience doesnt match my quals so either way we dont have 100 points. My job or quals ARENT on the LTSS. Believe me Ive tried to work it out so many times and we still fall short about 15 points.

The only option we would have is to get a job offer and then we would be fine however it seems that employers wont offer a job unless you are either in NZ which we arent at present so Im wondering what we can do.

We were thinking of looking at a talent (accredited) employer visa any my OH could get employment. From the immi website I understand he could add me to this visa so I could work (he sponsors me). I also have a daughter from a previous relationship and she would need a student visa but as she is not "legally" my OH's dependant Im wondering can we do this? Or are there any other options. The more I look into it the more confused I get and the more I think I need a migration agent but I might just be panicking. If anyone else has been in a similar position I would love to hear your story. If my OH gets employment we are willing to sell up and move but I dont want to be in a position where he gets a visa and I cant or my daughter cant get a visa (she is 12 and I have sole custody of her).

Cheers

Su
Old May 17th 2010, 1:55 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit/Visas HELP PLS!

If you don't qualify for the points to get selected from the EOI pool then an agent won't be able to bridge that gap.

Many are stuck in the catch-22 of getting a job offer without either being in NZ or having a visa, you could travel to NZ and seek work while there and then apply for a work permit.

I'm pretty sure you would be OK with your daughter if your relationship passes the INZ test.

In the last draw you needed 100 points with a job offer to be selected...
Old May 17th 2010, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonsi
If you don't qualify for the points to get selected from the EOI pool then an agent won't be able to bridge that gap.

Many are stuck in the catch-22 of getting a job offer without either being in NZ or having a visa, you could travel to NZ and seek work while there and then apply for a work permit.

I'm pretty sure you would be OK with your daughter if your relationship passes the INZ test.

In the last draw you needed 100 points with a job offer to be selected...
Thanks for the response. I understand what you are saying as regards an agent and I know we would have to look for employment ourselves before using an agent. I wonder because there are a few options for temporary visas would an agent be good to used based on our circumstances in helping us choose the correct options?

Cheers

Su
Old May 17th 2010, 2:58 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I´m not sure there are too many options, whichever of you gets a job offer first would work visa based on that, you or your partner will apply for a work visa under the family catagory without a job offer, your daughter will need to apply for a student visa as a dependant.

If your partners job is on the LTSS (they are more specific than "IT" IIRC), then that would be the stronger application if he can get a job offer with that title....

Submit all the visa applications together so that they are handled together, then you won´t be in the situation of some issued and other(s) not.

There is loads of (free) help on here
Old May 17th 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

I´m not sure there are too many options, whichever of you gets a job offer first would work visa based on that, you or your partner will apply for a work visa under the family catagory without a job offer, your daughter will need to apply for a student visa as a dependant.

If your partners job is on the LTSS (they are more specific than "IT" IIRC), then that would be the stronger application if he can get a job offer with that title....

Submit all the visa applications together so that they are handled together, then you won´t be in the situation of some issued and other(s) not.

There is loads of (free) help on here
Hi Simonsi

I think I get it:

Partner applies for a job and gets one that is on the LTSS (similar or same to what he does at the moment) with an accredited employer and applies for a work visa.

He can then sponsor me under family

Daughter goes on a student visa as a dependant.

Would that be 2 or 3 visa applications?

Cheers

Su
Old May 17th 2010, 5:18 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by timbuktu
Hi Simonsi

I think I get it:

Partner applies for a job and gets one that is on the LTSS (similar or same to what he does at the moment) with an accredited employer and applies for a work visa.

Cheers

Su
Nearly, I don't believe your partners employer needs to be accredited if they are offering a job on the LTSS list. Otherwise yes I think you have it, it would be three seperate visa applications. Download the forms for each, with their guide pages and all should become clearer...
Old May 17th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by timbuktu
Hi Simonsi

I think I get it:

Cheers

Su
I think its get a job on the LTSS "or" a job with an accredited employer.
Old May 17th 2010, 10:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

my OH works in IT (on the LTSS) but doesn't have a formal qualification
I think you should start another thread to ask those in IT about what work exp or quals are acceptable to New Zealand Immigration. I rather thought that a degree level was needed .
Old May 18th 2010, 9:58 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by BEVS
I think you should start another thread to ask those in IT about what work exp or quals are acceptable to New Zealand Immigration. I rather thought that a degree level was needed .
Generally it seems you needa degree if no job offer or experience in lieu will be counted if you do have a job offer...
Old May 18th 2010, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Generally it seems you needa degree if no job offer or experience in lieu will be counted if you do have a job offer...
Thanks guys

we actually booked our flights today for a trip to NZ. We head out there on 29th of July. We are going to start applying for jobs and see if we can line up some interviews.

Su