Reload this Page >

work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

Old Jan 13th 2014, 8:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: work in New Zealand

Originally Posted by tracey40
I have a mara agent who is going to transfer his UK qualifications (and mine) into the NZ equivalent. .
I don't understand this . MARA is for Australia.

If your quals are not recognised by NZIS then they will need assessment by NZQA to ensure they match the NZ equivalent.

Originally Posted by NZIS
Minimum two year medical qualification as recognised by the Medical Laboratory Scientists Board as suitable for registration as a medical laboratory technician AND a minimum of 12 months' relevant post–qualification work experience in a medical laboratory or a blood donor centre
Medical Laboratory Scientist Board ( link) states what is required to become NZ registered. This is something you can do yourself.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:17 am
Just Joined

tracey40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I don't understand this . MARA is for Australia.

If your quals are not recognised by NZIS then they will need assessment by NZQA to ensure they match the NZ equivalent.

Medical Laboratory Scientist Board ( link) states what is required to become NZ registered. This is something you can do yourself.
hi, the agent is a licensed immigration consultant, there company in based in NZ. I just presumed they were called mara agents in NZ aswell . Thanks for the web link.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

why are you wasting money on an agent?, if you can stop using them and do it yourself. its easy as long as you are prepared to read through the "how to fill in ITA" manual.

We know of a few people that have had nightmares on straight forward applications because the agent did not keep them informed and really just kept stalling things. All the agent does is collate the paperwork you have to give them so you might as well do it yourself.

Obviously if its a bit more complicated an application then a good recommended agent maybe the way to go. but most on here would always advise to try it yourself first
Old Jan 14th 2014, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

New Zealand does not have the largest rail network. Have you considered locations yet? As a Phleb you might want to consider where a Rail network and a Healthboard both provide opportunities for employment. I feel this may limit you to the larger areas.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
why are you wasting money on an agent?, if you can stop using them and do it yourself. its easy as long as you are prepared to read through the "how to fill in ITA" manual.

We know of a few people that have had nightmares on straight forward applications because the agent did not keep them informed and really just kept stalling things. All the agent does is collate the paperwork you have to give them so you might as well do it yourself.

Obviously if its a bit more complicated an application then a good recommended agent maybe the way to go. but most on here would always advise to try it yourself first
Thank you, i thought i had to have an agent to make sure the paperwork had been done correctly, thankfully i haven't signed anything yet . Thanks again
Old Jan 14th 2014, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gazmac
New Zealand does not have the largest rail network. Have you considered locations yet? As a Phleb you might want to consider where a Rail network and a Healthboard both provide opportunities for employment. I feel this may limit you to the larger areas.
Hiya, we haven't really considered a certain area, where we can both get work we would consider moving to. As long as it is safe, with good nursery/primary schools .
Old Jan 14th 2014, 3:23 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, i thought i had to have an agent to make sure the paperwork had been done correctly, thankfully i haven't signed anything yet . Thanks again
No, fine to do it yourself. Most on here have, we've been through it and come out the other side! You just have to be organised and read through everything thoroughly. We will also help you on here

Advantages are that you save a lot of money - from previous posts agents seem to cost thousands. You also have the satisfaction of doing it yourself but more importantly you understand the process, know when things need doing and what your visa means for the future ( thinking residency and travel conditions etc). INZ do not give preference to those submitted by agents.
Yes, it takes more work but it's not that hard once you understand the system.

Obviously it is up to you, some people prefer an agent, and that's fine.

As for areas, it's good that you're not fixed on one specific area. If you're willing to go where the jobs are then you have more options
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Persephone
No, fine to do it yourself. Most on here have, we've been through it and come out the other side! You just have to be organised and read through everything thoroughly. We will also help you on here

Advantages are that you save a lot of money - from previous posts agents seem to cost thousands. You also have the satisfaction of doing it yourself but more importantly you understand the process, know when things need doing and what your visa means for the future ( thinking residency and travel conditions etc). INZ do not give preference to those submitted by agents.
Yes, it takes more work but it's not that hard once you understand the system.

Obviously it is up to you, some people prefer an agent, and that's fine.

As for areas, it's good that you're not fixed on one specific area. If you're willing to go where the jobs are then you have more options
Thanks, i was lead to believe that an agent was needed to make sure paperwork will filled in correctly, its good to no that they are not . thanks again for all the help.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

An agent is not compulsory. The paperwork is not hard.

Your prime aim is to become NZ registered. Get started on that one first. I gave you the link . The list of requirements looks very straightforward.
It will also show NZ employers you are serious . That it is not a flight of fancy from someone living overseas.

Then, it's source the job offer time for the pair of you.

There is very little rail here in NZ. Is your OH prepared to work at anything at all other than rail?

KiwiRail Contact them. From the website there doesn't appear to be any vacancies as such.

Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

Hiya, we haven't really considered a certain area, where we can both get work we would consider moving to. As long as it is safe, with good nursery/primary schools .
Id probably say Auckland or Wellington in regard to a rail network.

Healthboards are all over the country

Could your mans skills be transferred to some other form of engineering? this may widen your choices for location.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gazmac
Id probably say Auckland or Wellington in regard to a rail network.

Healthboards are all over the country

Could your mans skills be transferred to some other form of engineering? this may widen your choices for location.
hi, sadly his skills are only for the railway. his qualification is a NVQ level2 Permanent way engineering, his main tickets are crane controller (railway only), controller of site safety plus others all railway based. we have been looking at area outwith the cities cause we've read its expensive to live there. is it easy to commute to the city? thanks
Old Jan 16th 2014, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
An agent is not compulsory. The paperwork is not hard.

Your prime aim is to become NZ registered. Get started on that one first. I gave you the link . The list of requirements looks very straightforward.
It will also show NZ employers you are serious . That it is not a flight of fancy from someone living overseas.

Then, it's source the job offer time for the pair of you.

There is very little rail here in NZ. Is your OH prepared to work at anything at all other than rail?

KiwiRail Contact them. From the website there doesn't appear to be any vacancies as such.
all my OH is trained in is rail, he has done it for 18years, he has however said that if there was anything else that he could do, he would .
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

This is a tricky one, It's hard to say as the rail network here seems so small compared to the UK and Im dont know of any major expansion plans either given the tendency of NZ to shake and bubble.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the rail network is tiny in comparison to the UK but certainly around Wellington it's the way many people get to work and the tunnel provides fast access to the Wairarapa. They are talking about extending the electrification up to Levin on the Kapiti Line. You could certainly live away from the city and still work on the railway.

This website seems to have a few jobs at Kiwirail on it.

http://www.jobseeker.co.nz/Kiwirail-jobs-in-New-Zealand
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I had a check on the skills shortage lists and can't find phlebotomist - Though it has been known to play up
They are normally only out at night, and not in front of mirrors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.