Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Wikiposts

woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice
Default Re: woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Well scrubbed house from top to bottom, got rid of dogs, viewer "got called into work" and didn't come. Just a wee bit disappointed to say the least.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Nermal,sorry to hear this,it's really disheartening isn't it? You get all excited only to be let down by people. We may have a solution to our problem re selling.... my in-laws have thrown us a lifeline.......I think.They have offered to give us money to get to NZ and pay them back once the house sells.....we were planning on getting £70k at least from house sale and they said ok. OH and I have thought of nothing else since and are in a dilemma. We really want to cut all ties to be honest and selling the house would do that but we also want to be in NZ. We would need to sign power of attorney to his dad so that if and when a buyer appears he can deal with the paperwork on our behalf,and to be honest I don't want to put him in the position of dealing with all of that;but then he seems ok about it. Is it reasonable to hold off until say March/April time and see what happens with the house then or set a date for end of May-ish and just go no matter what?HELP!!!!
Chin up and keep positive,there's a buyer for each of us out there for sure but it may take a wee bit longer than we'd like.

Phyl x
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice

Originally Posted by weejie
Nermal,sorry to hear this,it's really disheartening isn't it? You get all excited only to be let down by people. We may have a solution to our problem re selling.... my in-laws have thrown us a lifeline.......I think.They have offered to give us money to get to NZ and pay them back once the house sells.....we were planning on getting £70k at least from house sale and they said ok. OH and I have thought of nothing else since and are in a dilemma. We really want to cut all ties to be honest and selling the house would do that but we also want to be in NZ. We would need to sign power of attorney to his dad so that if and when a buyer appears he can deal with the paperwork on our behalf,and to be honest I don't want to put him in the position of dealing with all of that;but then he seems ok about it. Is it reasonable to hold off until say March/April time and see what happens with the house then or set a date for end of May-ish and just go no matter what?HELP!!!!
Chin up and keep positive,there's a buyer for each of us out there for sure but it may take a wee bit longer than we'd like.

Phyl x

We are in similar position as you in relation to dilemma. Unfortunately, we need to sell the house to break all ties before going ahead with all plans to emmigrate. We have looked at rental option but the rental would not even cover the mortgage payments. As much as we feel the same as yourself in that we can't wait to get to NZ, being realistic we have decided to wait and see what happens with the housing market at the beginning of 2009. I agree it is very frustrating but what else can we all do?:curse: