Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Wikiposts

woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default woohoo....a house viewing!!!

We have a viewing on Sunday afternoon!!!!

The house has been on the market nearly 18 months & this is the first viewing in over a year!!

I'm not one to count my chickens...but it's better than nothing!

We are now running round like blue arsed flies trying to get everything in tip top condition, cos we want to impress the socks off them!!

I'm keeping absolutely everything crossed...wish me luck!

Cheryl x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Good luck,everything xd

Phyl x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Good luck,everything xd

Phyl x
Thanks Phyl xx
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: woohoo....a house viewing!!!

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
We have a viewing on Sunday afternoon!!!!

The house has been on the market nearly 18 months & this is the first viewing in over a year!!

I'm not one to count my chickens...but it's better than nothing!

We are now running round like blue arsed flies trying to get everything in tip top condition, cos we want to impress the socks off them!!

I'm keeping absolutely everything crossed...wish me luck!

Cheryl x
Hey good luck guys hope your hard work pays off.......Look forward to the house sold news!
Cally
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Hi Cheryl, we are in the same boat, got a phone call this pm that someone wanted to view the house tomorrow morning at 10.30am, OMG so, yes have been flitting about like the proverbial......, it's our first viewing but the house has only been on the market about three weeks, so, like you, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck on Sunday.

Cheers

Joan x
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Joan,

Good luck for tomorrow...let me know how you get on won't you? That'd be fantastic news if you sell after only 3 weeks in this dire market!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cally49
Hey good luck guys hope your hard work pays off.......Look forward to the house sold news!
Cally
Cheers Cally, will let you know xx
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

All the best, remember the psychology of it all. Lounge 1st to make them feel like its home. We were on the market for 6 months with around 20 viewings in 2006. THe one that purchased we changed the viewing order on the advice of a house Dr type person.. lounge 1st instead of kitchen and hey presto!!!!

Good luck!!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Frenchy, thanks for that...I was thinking of possibly trying to bake some bread as well to give off nice homely aromas....but I'd probably burn the damn thing!!

I'm even bribing the kids to keep their rooms immaculate! I hope it's worth it!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Hi Frenchy, As we have small, quaint cottage, you have to go into the lounge first, then into the kitchen so I hope the theory works. Fresh flowers in abundance, neutral colours, some art deco stuff which I hope lends an interesting slant on things. We shall see. Helps to even get someone through the door!!!!

Thanks,

Joan x
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi Joan,

Good luck for tomorrow...let me know how you get on won't you? That'd be fantastic news if you sell after only 3 weeks in this dire market!
Hi, Cheryl, Well, we had our viewing. The lady concerned is presently in a bungalow but wants to come back to the area I live in, is next year to have a hip operation so IMO I don't think our house would really be suitable for her but if nothing happens it has been useful experience, certainly pushes the stress levels up somewhat!!!! Just have to keep on sweeping the flipping leaves each day, cleaning the windows each time it rains (they have never been so clean) etc etc. Oh, well, keeps me busy, takes my mind of the NZ summer that is just arriving and I'm not there to enjoy it but maybe soooooon.

Cheers

Joan x
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:31 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Our house was on the market for five months (I know, it's doesn't seem that long these days but in 2005 the market was hopping) and we had no interest. I heard about the Chinese Gods, F U K (lol it was censored), Luk and Sau who are the Gods of Health, Wealth and Happiness and are supposed to be helpful when you're selling your house. I printed off a photo of them (like the attachment), framed it and put it facing the front door and within a week and a half we'd had two offers and the house was sold. I believe in them and even bought a proper set when we came here. It can't hurt can it? Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails woohoo....a house viewing!!!-chinese-gods.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:35 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

I'm gonna give this a go - hope it helps us sell - I will let you know
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:50 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beetrooper
I'm gonna give this a go - hope it helps us sell - I will let you know
D'you know - I've just remembered that it was someone on one of the forums who posted about this all that time ago - I hope it does work for you - and everyone
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Batty
D'you know - I've just remembered that it was someone on one of the forums who posted about this all that time ago - I hope it does work for you - and everyone
Hi Batty, Thanks for info on the Chinese Gods, will print it off and see what happens. Keeep you posted.

Cheers

Joan x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.