WooHoo

Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default WooHoo

Well, surprisingly after just sending my supporting medical statement off last Wednesday I was woken up today by the postman with an envelope containing my passport complete with Approved Work Visa stickers

So as of July 13th 2010 to July 13th 2013 I can legally work in NZ (my new boss will be glad to hear that!) Hoping to apply for PR pretty soon after arriving though hopefully while medicals etc are still valid.

Now just need to get flights and the other mountain of things done...no idea where to start though!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:05 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WooHoo

Originally Posted by lisamct
Well, surprisingly after just sending my supporting medical statement off last Wednesday I was woken up today by the postman with an envelope containing my passport complete with Approved Work Visa stickers

So as of July 13th 2010 to July 13th 2013 I can legally work in NZ (my new boss will be glad to hear that!) Hoping to apply for PR pretty soon after arriving though hopefully while medicals etc are still valid.

Now just need to get flights and the other mountain of things done...no idea where to start though!
Many congrats
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:08 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....better start with the quote for moving.....then time off work to organise everything......then the leaving party....... Good luck!
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Obviously great news !!!!!!!
Well Done you

Will be in touch.

Lou x

(re our email ....... my referees have been approached so watch this space !!!!!! )
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:04 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, get that flight booked

Dewb
Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have some Good News karma.

Congrats and well done you.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

yes the mountain starts here...but such a great view when you reach the top! all worth it!
have you got a job already then? what do you do?

jax
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattandJax
yes the mountain starts here...but such a great view when you reach the top! all worth it!
have you got a job already then? what do you do?

jax
Thanks everyone.
Jax I do have a job already, I'm a midwife so have a job lined up to go to in Rotorua with Lakes DHB (who are thrilled that Im finally coming as I've had the post for about 3 months already!)
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Congrats well done

Will be in contact soon re accommodation
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:44 pm
Banned

Amiri is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, they must be desperate for staff to have held it open for so long.

Good luck!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Lisa
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.
Jax I do have a job already, I'm a midwife so have a job lined up to go to in Rotorua with Lakes DHB (who are thrilled that Im finally coming as I've had the post for about 3 months already!)
Lakes DHB are cool to work for and we are in the process of getting a new hospital built too!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone.
cool! great job! (how come you didnt apply for PR straight away?)

i was a midwife in England for 20 years, but decided on a career change a year ago, and went back to general nursing... as a practice nurse in a nice medical centre.

so im looking to continue this over here,,, in fact i have a job interview tomorrow for a part time PN in a medical centre only 10 mins drive away!.. wish me luck!!

Last edited by MattandJax; Jun 29th 2010 at 2:26 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MattandJax
cool! great job! (how come you didnt apply for PR straight away?)
I had originally looked at applying for PR right away but had thought that going down the work visa route would be quicker and then get PR once I'm over there. The way things have worked out it probably wouldnt have mattered but well, its done now

All the best with your interview, sounds ideal, let us know how you get on

Lakes DHB are definitely impressing me so far, not only is one of my new managers collecting me at the airport they've sorted out my first 2 weeks accommodation for me, cant see my Trust over here doing that for new starts!