Woohoo!

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:04 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woohoo!

Final ones for today
Attached Thumbnails Woohoo!-picture-047.jpg   Woohoo!-picture-049.jpg   Woohoo!-picture-052.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
Beaut day here today. Have been out in the garden potting up Cannas and taking cuttings from a Hebe. Still a bit cold at night though so you'll need the jumpers and wooly socks for a few more weeks yet.
Ditto, it amazes us and we can all laugh now, but us newbies that arrived here years ago, also thought winter was hot too......the locals thought we were nuts walking round in T shirts.......but I can (almost) promise you this.......after a very hot summer of over 30 degrees.....(and no ozone dont forget!) you wont be saying its hot this time next year!
You'll be the ones in jumpers whilst the new bright eyed set of migrants are all sweating in T's!!!
Dont say I didn't tell ya!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
And more
If you count 2 windows in on the top floor, that was my apartment where we lived for a year in Auckland,it's a very small world.

Thanks for the photo
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:35 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to New Zealand Biddy!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginaf
If you count 2 windows in on the top floor, that was my apartment where we lived for a year in Auckland,it's a very small world.

Thanks for the photo
If you need any info about Auckland whilst you are there just let me know
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:40 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Biddy's wife here! Pictures look great! i've shown the kids, they especially liked the one of your feet! They liked the look of the warehouse and hoped you'd be bringing something home for them! Have a good nights sleep and a good interview tomorrow. Speak soon. Sarah
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:36 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
Welcome to Auckland!!

Youve picked one beautiful day to arrive....couldnt be much better could it!?

Yes I think its t-shirt weather too.... hardly like mid winter is it?

Skype is good....we have used it since being here.

If you want somewhere truly beautiful to live come and join us over here in Beachlands....very friendly and stunning views and only 20 mins outside of Auckland!!

Have a good day

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, You found a horse to ride yet?
Beaut day today and I HAVE found one to ride.
Glad you settling in.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:44 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy's wife here! Pictures look great! i've shown the kids, they especially liked the one of your feet! They liked the look of the warehouse and hoped you'd be bringing something home for them! Have a good nights sleep and a good interview tomorrow. Speak soon. Sarah
Hello Sarah!
(for the rest of you we had a 15 min Skype call earlier and it was like she was in the other room! Fantastic - get a $20 headset and mike - well worth it!)

Tell the kids I'll bring them back some lovely yummy kiwi Marmite! Or maybe some Watties soup if they've been good
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:45 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Well, after all the palava of getting rid of the house etc, I can now proudly say that

I'm Here!!

Auckland at 9.30 am on Wed 3rd August is beautiful, sunny and definetely shorts weather! Ha! It's like a British Summer!

I've taken some photos already but of course have forgotten my lead to connect to the PC so will buy one later and bore you ridgid with piccies!

Flight was really good. Singapore air - left Heathrow at 12 noon on Monday. 12 hr later arrived in Singapore. I hour changeover and straight on to AKL in 9 hrs. No sleep but arrived at 10.30 pm last night. Watched about 6 movies - stretched legs etc not bad at all. Good food - yum. Quick bus to local hotel and 5 hrs sleep and I feel right as rain. No jet lag at all. I think had I stopped over in Singapore then I'd be sufferring a bit. I've moved hotels - next door at the Pioneer Lodge Hotel (near the airport where I'll stay for 2 more nights) - free broadband in the rooms - big plus!

Jobs for today - activate bank account, buy leads for computer, contact recruitment agencies in AKL, get hire car - do a bit of sightseeing etc. Nice.
Have Skyped home already. Get Skype - it's flippin brilliant! Sarah and the kids all fine. Had a quick chat with Planty who was online about half an hour ago.

There you go. Thought I'd never get here, but here is indeed where I am. Looking good so far - I'll keep you posted folks.

Mike
Fantastic news Mike! So envious! Lovely pictures, keep them coming.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there mumomonty..... no I havnt got a horse yet. Are you going to be riding somebody elses?

To be honest I am busy with settling in this house, trying to find my way about and looking after my toddler boy. I have decided that when I sell my house in the UK (in 12 months time probably) that I will buy a small boat and a nice horse with some of the money from the sale. I miss riding but its just not time to commit again right at the moment. I get frequent reports from my horse at home, about how well hes doing with my best friend whos got him....shes ill and hes looking after her well...Im really proud. When I miss him I just think what an important job hes doing looking after her...and he'd hate all the rain here too! lol

Just saw the weather forecast and its supposed to be like this thurs and fri too!! ...although I have spent most of today being inside as my toddler is poorly.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:55 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hi there mumomonty..... no I havnt got a horse yet. Are you going to be riding somebody elses?

To be honest I am busy with settling in this house, trying to find my way about and looking after my toddler boy. I have decided that when I sell my house in the UK (in 12 months time probably) that I will buy a small boat and a nice horse with some of the money from the sale. I miss riding but its just not time to commit again right at the moment. I get frequent reports from my horse at home, about how well hes doing with my best friend whos got him....shes ill and hes looking after her well...Im really proud. When I miss him I just think what an important job hes doing looking after her...and he'd hate all the rain here too! lol

Just saw the weather forecast and its supposed to be like this thurs and fri too!! ...although I have spent most of today being inside as my toddler is poorly.
Hi Sarah, Hope your little man is better soon! What a day to be poorly.

It's a neighbour's pony. SHe's a bit unruly but just needs a routine and we're getting along fine. Been allowed to ride on some of the farms here so it makes it all feel more familiar.

I understand completely about 'not the right time'. We're still paying for my old boy in the UK (33/34 years of age) He is my priority financially so even if I did get given a horse (likely in the the horsey town I live near to) I wouldn't be able to commit to its upkeep so it's good I have one next door to ride when I want. I've found the kiwis to be genuinely 'giving'. They've got good karma. It's other things I struggle with!

Take care, Lyn - real name!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:04 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sarah!
(for the rest of you we had a 15 min Skype call earlier and it was like she was in the other room! Fantastic - get a $20 headset and mike - well worth it!)

Tell the kids I'll bring them back some lovely yummy kiwi Marmite! Or maybe some Watties soup if they've been good
Hi Biddy,

Great to read and see the contents of your post! Don't be cruel - we recommend pineapple lumps and jaffas for the kids. You may quite like them yourself, esp the lumps!

Look forward to hearing more on your progress. Weather looks fantastic for winter.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Well, after all the palava of getting rid of the house etc, I can now proudly say that

I'm Here!!

Auckland at 9.30 am on Wed 3rd August is beautiful, sunny and definetely shorts weather! Ha! It's like a British Summer!

I've taken some photos already but of course have forgotten my lead to connect to the PC so will buy one later and bore you ridgid with piccies!

Flight was really good. Singapore air - left Heathrow at 12 noon on Monday. 12 hr later arrived in Singapore. I hour changeover and straight on to AKL in 9 hrs. No sleep but arrived at 10.30 pm last night. Watched about 6 movies - stretched legs etc not bad at all. Good food - yum. Quick bus to local hotel and 5 hrs sleep and I feel right as rain. No jet lag at all. I think had I stopped over in Singapore then I'd be sufferring a bit. I've moved hotels - next door at the Pioneer Lodge Hotel (near the airport where I'll stay for 2 more nights) - free broadband in the rooms - big plus!

Jobs for today - activate bank account, buy leads for computer, contact recruitment agencies in AKL, get hire car - do a bit of sightseeing etc. Nice.
Have Skyped home already. Get Skype - it's flippin brilliant! Sarah and the kids all fine. Had a quick chat with Planty who was online about half an hour ago.

There you go. Thought I'd never get here, but here is indeed where I am. Looking good so far - I'll keep you posted folks.

Mike
Welcome to New Zealand . Lovely day here in Tauranga also.

Take care when driving nz drivers are not the best!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:05 pm

Dave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant futureDave and Lyns has a brilliant future

I'm Here!!

Mike
Well done! We knew you would get there We thought about you all on sunday and wondered if you had sold the house/business. It's all behind you now so you can concentrate on the future. Love the pics, keep ,em coming.
Lyns
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:29 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Final ones for today
Hi Mike
Brilliant photos. Did it give you a weird feeling standing on the glass floor in the sky tower?? I love the views from up there but did feel a might jittery on the glass floor.
Sounds like youve taken to things over there really well. Especially proud of the way you are handling driving around Auckland .
Dont you dare think of taking Marmite home to the kids Agree with earlier poster that they would enjoy the jaffas & pineapple lumps a whole lot better
Shall follow your daily updates with great interest & Look forward to more photos.

Safe travels friend
Have fun

Cindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.