British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wiz'n'Ton in the UK's Woman Magazine (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wiznton-uks-woman-magazine-544391/)

Wiz'n'Ton Jun 21st 2008 7:50 pm

Wiz'n'Ton in the UK's Woman Magazine

Finally our true media potential has been recognised as Mr & Mrs Wiz'n'Ton are this week in the UK's 'Woman' magazine in a 1 page piece on our move to ChCh! :)

Obviously their circulation has doubled, and they've had to order a reprint, (obviously ;)) and it will only be a matter of minutes before we get the call from the Beeb to head their new breakfast show.

I am sure the only reason they haven't already is cos they are negotiating with the banks to secure an overdraft big enough to cover our fee! :rofl:

Apparently it reads OK, (so say the parents) so we look forward to seeing it when they post it out to us.

Ahhh... fame at last... :thumbup:

simonmarkellis Jun 21st 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Wiz'n'Ton in the UK's Woman Magazine

We look forward to it when you post it on here! But in the mean time, how are you going to be able to do your daily task without the fear of being mob by the hoards? Your Pac n' Save shopping for one? Hey, maybe your fame will get you freebies! Preferential bookings at restaurants!! Upgrades on flight tickets!!!;):D

j19fmm Jun 24th 2008 5:32 pm

When you say "this week" is that end of week 20th June or end of week 27th June? Nearly got thrown out of corner shop looking for the article:o

Yummy_Mummy Jun 24th 2008 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6499369)
When you say "this week" is that end of week 20th June or end of week 27th June? Nearly got thrown out of corner shop looking for the article:o

Yeah, let me know so i can go round to the shop and buy it! :D

Bloody nosy bugger, me lol
xx

j19fmm Jun 24th 2008 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Yummy_Mummy (Post 6499520)
Yeah, let me know so i can go round to the shop and buy it! :D

Bloody nosy bugger, me lol
xx

Oh goody another nosy bugger :rofl:

pumpkinlou Jun 24th 2008 8:51 pm

Well I was being a real cheapskate! I tried to look at the article online, but couldn't find the magazine at all! Saw every other one with "Woman" in the title but not plain old "Woman".

So I'll put my hand in my pocket and get down to WHSmiths tomorrow!!:D

Yotty Jun 24th 2008 9:46 pm

Surely this is blatant advertising? ;)

Wiz'n'Ton Jun 24th 2008 9:50 pm

Soz - should have been a bit more precise - it was in last week's one, out on the 16th. I should have a copy here sometime soon so will scan and post it up.

I surfed the net looking for it too - and they don't have Woman online cos all us cheapscates would never go and buy one, the clever wee buggers!

Ah well, our 5 minutes of fame lasted just that and we are yesterdays news. I shall have to been dreams of international stardom on hold now, and go back to pinning my hopes on that elusive lotto win :rofl:

Cheers! :thumbsup:

hjmilligan Jun 24th 2008 11:48 pm

Awesom,can't wait to read it :thumbsup:

Helen

Marika 38 Jun 25th 2008 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton (Post 6500062)
Soz - should have been a bit more precise - it was in last week's one, out on the 16th. I should have a copy here sometime soon so will scan and post it up.

I surfed the net looking for it too - and they don't have Woman online cos all us cheapscates would never go and buy one, the clever wee buggers!

Ah well, our 5 minutes of fame lasted just that and we are yesterdays news. I shall have to been dreams of international stardom on hold now, and go back to pinning my hopes on that elusive lotto win :rofl:

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your five mins of Fame Andy, but i feel for you, I too was discarded after a week or 2, my wedding was featured in Wedding and Home, 17 years ago, sadly I am no longer remembered :(
But at least we can say, we felt that fame........ :rofl: :thumbsup:

Wiz'n'Ton Jul 3rd 2008 9:57 pm

Just a quick follow up to say that we got it through the post the other day and a bad but readable pic of it is on our blog, a link to which is over

<--------- here :thumbsup:

Yummy_Mummy Jul 3rd 2008 10:31 pm

Yippeeeee:thumbsup:

Us nosy buggers have been waiting soooo long for this hahah :lol:

Thanks ;)

j19fmm Jul 4th 2008 8:06 am

Thanks for sharing, Wiz'n'Ton, hope you were paid a disgusting amount of money for it!!!!!;)