Winter

Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter

Originally Posted by welshrgeordie
the view from my window at the great British summer ....school holidays this week and it's 10 degree's and grey , misty and wet , the great British summer
Wish I knew how to up load a photo , that would make you all appreciate the great British summer
Apart from a couple of days in late January that's what our summer was like here.
Your'e still officially in late Spring there anyway, couple of weeks to Summer.
It snowed on this day in 1975 in the UK, a heatwave started a week later!!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

the view from my window at the great British summer ....school holidays this week and it's 10 degree's and grey , misty and wet , the great British summer
Wish I knew how to up load a photo , that would make you all appreciate the great British summer
Okays. I can help try give you a step by step guide with that if you wish. Let me know.

Please know I have photos from pals and family back in the UK and Midlands which show a glorious jubilee weekend & some lovely previous days and weeks also. Hot and sunny.

So , us lot down in NZ don't all rely on what is said by others on here. Some of us have the real caboodle to look at and hear about.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:27 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs...the weather in Warwickshire,apart from 10 days has been abysmal... cold wet and grey. My daughter is facing very large heating bills. It is raining again today and forecast the same over the next week so where the hell in the Midlands do your friends find the weeks of hot and sunny weather as were talking about England not Spain!

Generally rather unsettled although a brief drier and brighter period is likely on Sunday for some. Thereafter, unsettled conditions are likely to continue, giving a mixture of bright spells and showers with some longer outbreaks of rain at times. Some of the showers are likely to be heavy with hail and thunder possible, especially towards southern and eastern areas. Rather windy at first, but as winds ease towards the start of next week, showers may become slow moving, giving a risk of locally very high rainfall totals. Towards mid-June, there are some indications of slightly less unsettled weather, especially for southern and eastern parts. Temperatures generally below average, and feeling particularly cool in strong winds.

Just had an email from a friend in Warwickshire......

We had a few days of tropical sunshine, all the girls were out in their nothings -RLS Parade looked like the venue of a tattoo mardi gras. Since then its been virtually non stop raining -right nthough the Jubilee 4 day celebrations as well.

Last edited by Stormer999; Jun 6th 2012 at 7:36 am.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:10 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

In the end when folk get silly about the climate here compared with the UK, I just refer them to the garden.

Flora neither wears rosy tints nor yearns for elsewhere; look to the flora to compare the climate folks.

Anyone for lemons?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by BEVS
Okays. I can help try give you a step by step guide with that if you wish. Let me know.

Please know I have photos from pals and family back in the UK and Midlands which show a glorious jubilee weekend & some lovely previous days and weeks also. Hot and sunny.

So , us lot down in NZ don't all rely on what is said by others on here. Some of us have the real caboodle to look at and hear about.
Yes that would be great if u don,t mind bevs
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Bevs...the weather in Warwickshire,apart from 10 days has been abysmal... cold wet and grey. My daughter is facing very large heating bills. It is raining again today and forecast the same over the next week so where the hell in the Midlands do your friends find the weeks of hot and sunny weather as were talking about England not Spain!

Generally rather unsettled although a brief drier and brighter period is likely on Sunday for some. Thereafter, unsettled conditions are likely to continue, giving a mixture of bright spells and showers with some longer outbreaks of rain at times. Some of the showers are likely to be heavy with hail and thunder possible, especially towards southern and eastern areas. Rather windy at first, but as winds ease towards the start of next week, showers may become slow moving, giving a risk of locally very high rainfall totals. Towards mid-June, there are some indications of slightly less unsettled weather, especially for southern and eastern parts. Temperatures generally below average, and feeling particularly cool in strong winds.

Just had an email from a friend in Warwickshire......

We had a few days of tropical sunshine, all the girls were out in their nothings -RLS Parade looked like the venue of a tattoo mardi gras. Since then its been virtually non stop raining -right nthough the Jubilee 4 day celebrations as well.
Yeah I would also like to know where these weeks of warm sunny weather happen ?? We have had 1 sunny week and it was fab , but rule of thumb and I hope I am wrong , but that could have been our summer lol
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yeah I would also like to know where these weeks of warm sunny weather happen ?? We have had 1 sunny week and it was fab , but rule of thumb and I hope I am wrong , but that could have been our summer lol
So true. Where was our summer?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Am watching the wintry weather outside Buck House concert just now, I guess all those poor people have their sunnies on to stop the glare off of the snow.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
In the end when folk get silly about the climate here compared with the UK, I just refer them to the garden.

Flora neither wears rosy tints nor yearns for elsewhere; look to the flora to compare the climate folks.

Anyone for lemons?
I find most of the year no different actually, Spring and Autumn are much the same and Summer is usually a let down that doesn't live up to the great expectations of summers past.

However, I don't recall there being a whole industry in the UK devoted to getting rid of the moss, mould and gunge that comes with the wet climate, nor the house, roof and gutter washing that is a necessity here.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:52 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I find most of the year no different actually, Spring and Autumn are much the same and Summer is usually a let down that doesn't live up to the great expectations of summers past.

However, I don't recall there being a whole industry in the UK devoted to getting rid of the moss, mould and gunge that comes with the wet climate, nor the house, roof and gutter washing that is a necessity here.
Well, people's experience of the world is subjective I guess, but as I said before- the flora has no agenda.

As for the second para- you're joking, right? My sister lives in a terrace house in Bristol that has ongoing extensive damp problems. I did up two houses in Britain- one that needed all the plaster removing off all the walls and then damp proof course doing etc, etc. The house didn't dry out in the 2 years we lived in it post renos.

Honestly, I don't get this; NZ is shite in many ways, granted, but its climate is NOT comparable to Britain.

I have hats and scarves that only see the light of day for the annual pilgrimage to the slopes, I have a fleece that I barely put on from one year to the next and my garden is full of budding grapefruit and ripening lemons. I go back to the UK more often than I care to admit to, so I'm well aware of the weather there; it's shite. UK is aces for culture and shopping and vibe and family and belonging and British countryside (hedges and foxes and wild garlic and beech woods ) and when it does a lovely summer's day there's nowhere like it but those days are the exception. Summer is characterised by rainy and grey or humid and cloudy (and grey) punctuated by the odd brief spell of fine weather. NZ is generally the opposite and summer is longer, ditto spring and autumn. Even the plants know it
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have a fleece that I barely put on from one year to the next
Clearly you are hardier than I, mine has been on every day for the past month and that's indoors.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, people's experience of the world is subjective I guess, but as I said before- the flora has no agenda.

As for the second para- you're joking, right? My sister lives in a terrace house in Bristol that has ongoing extensive damp problems. I did up two houses in Britain- one that needed all the plaster removing off all the walls and then damp proof course doing etc, etc. The house didn't dry out in the 2 years we lived in it post renos.

Honestly, I don't get this; NZ is shite in many ways, granted, but its climate is NOT comparable to Britain.

I have hats and scarves that only see the light of day for the annual pilgrimage to the slopes, I have a fleece that I barely put on from one year to the next and my garden is full of budding grapefruit and ripening lemons. I go back to the UK more often than I care to admit to, so I'm well aware of the weather there; it's shite. UK is aces for culture and shopping and vibe and family and belonging and British countryside (hedges and foxes and wild garlic and beech woods ) and when it does a lovely summer's day there's nowhere like it but those days are the exception. Summer is characterised by rainy and grey or humid and cloudy (and grey) punctuated by the odd brief spell of fine weather. NZ is generally the opposite and summer is longer, ditto spring and autumn. Even the plants know it
Give up, mate - for some people everything about NZ is dreadful and there's no point in trying to talk them out of it. The fact that the maximum temperature in Auckland today (http://www.metservice.com/towns-citi...ckland-central) is warmer than that forecast for London all this week (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743) is either irrelavant or part of some NZ-led conspiracy to lure migrants to NZ, strip them of their wealth, and return them to where they belong
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
Give up, mate - for some people everything about NZ is dreadful and there's no point in trying to talk them out of it. The fact that the maximum temperature in Auckland today (http://www.metservice.com/towns-citi...ckland-central) is warmer than that forecast for London all this week (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743) is either irrelavant or part of some NZ-led conspiracy to lure migrants to NZ, strip them of their wealth, and return them to where they belong
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - OMG - summer in the UK = winter in kiwi land (well auckland anyway!)

yeah - winter in parts of NZ are terrible
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:23 pm
---

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Clearly you are hardier than I, mine has been on every day for the past month and that's indoors.
Ah, I see the problem: you have a shite house and for that I 100% unequivocally feel your pain. It's not the climate, it's your house. Is there anything you can do about it?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:27 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the "whinging pom" label is well deserved....perhaps if you are born British and are or are not living in Britain and not able to make it so exactly the same then being British you have immortal rights to moan about it. We went to Spain made them open 'Real English' pubs, serve 'Full English Breakfast' then when it got so much like Britain looked elsewhere for the next target.......come on BJ give us a smile and be happy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.