Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Windyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Windyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Windyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I know they call it windy Wellington, but the wind today was frightening. The house feels like it's moving and it sounds so loud without double glazing. Has it been as bad where you live. :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Originally Posted by Boopy
I know they call it windy Wellington, but the wind today was frightening. The house feels like it's moving and it sounds so loud without double glazing. Has it been as bad where you live. :scared:

Nothing of note here in in Hamilton. There again, I have been at work (Calming and Restraint this week :scared: ), so maybe missed any big blows. Came home and got in the hammock - fantastic!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Nothing of note here in in Hamilton. There again, I have been at work (Calming and Restraint this week :scared: ), so maybe missed any big blows. Came home and got in the hammock - fantastic!!
You are lucky missing it, apparently 130kms per hr.
Are you in nursing - C & R is abit different here.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

In office in Khandallah this afternoon,was'nt sure if building moving was wind gust or earth tremor .!!??

I'm on the early morning ferry to S Island on Thursday - please let it stop blowing by then..!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:37 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

You are lucky missing it, apparently 130kms per hr.
Are you in nursing - C & R is abit different here.
Once I had posted that last comment I looked out the window and it was more gusty than it had been earlier, but not gale force by any means.

Yes, I'm a mental health nurse, and yes, it is a bit different. I think it is a lot more straightforward here, more emphasis on the end result rather than the stages of getting there. Having witnessed a major incident a few days ago, I find it very reassuring that I work with the big team that seem to know what they are doing. My last unit was a 2 ward forensic unit and you were lucky if you had a 2-3 man team. There were 15-18 people here... well done and a good result. Very impressed.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Goldberry will become famous soon enoughGoldberry will become famous soon enough

Has it been as bad where you live. :scared:
Yes it has! We've had the windiest day in a long time yesterday and last night too. It makes more of a whistling sound where we live and you constantly hear people's windows go smash bang shut.
I don't mind rain and cold but I really hate wind. That's one thing I will probably have to learn to love when we move.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Ahhhhh the wind, reminds me of the joke ........

Why is it always windy in Wellington

Because Christchurch blows and Auckland sucks

Cheers
Dirk
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Ahhhhh the wind, reminds me of the joke ........

Why is it always windy in Wellington

Because Christchurch blows and Auckland sucks

Cheers
Dirk
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Nope not windy here at all. Just had the warmest day so far this spring.... about time too. The kids played outside with all the water toys in my friends garden. I caught the sun too.