Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Will my router work here?

Will my router work here?

Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

steved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nice
Default Will my router work here?

Calling all techies! Come to that, calling all wireless broadband users!

While our main pc with all its associated electronic gubbins (including Belkin wireless router) continues to enjoy its half-way-round-the-world cruise, the laptop we brought with us is connecting to the rest of you via one of Orcon's wireless hubs. No issues with that, and at $5 a month it's pretty affordable.

Question is, will our Belkin work when it arrives here?

Any thoughts or advice welcome and thanks in advance for caring.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will my router work here?

Hi your Belkin router should work fine here. Depending on who you use for broad band you may have to change one setting pppoa 0/100. And of course your new user name/password
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

as a complete aside - watch your pronunciation of router when you get here - rowter is acceptable, rooter means sex!!!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

steved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nicesteved44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joshlin
as a complete aside - watch your pronunciation of router when you get here - rowter is acceptable, rooter means sex!!!!!!!
I am here Joshlin, so double thanks for the warning. Could've been embarassing.