Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Will the Lions win??

Will the Lions win??

Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Default Will the Lions win??

OK, so time for a new thread.... Will the Lions win this weekend?? What do you all reckon? Me - I have to admit i am 50/50 but my dreams are they will win.... Just wonder what the rest of BE'dom might think? All I know is its definately gonna be tense!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will the Lions win??

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
OK, so time for a new thread.... Will the Lions win this weekend?? What do you all reckon? Me - I have to admit i am 50/50 but my dreams are they will win.... Just wonder what the rest of BE'dom might think? All I know is its definately gonna be tense!
All blacks will slaughter them, may as well stay in the dressing room.
KAZ
Old Jun 29th 2005, 1:04 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

I see a slight improvement coming up......i think it will be a lot closer though.

Hopefully we will make a game of it
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Well we've picked the most dynamic pack available which is an admission by SCW that he got it wrong. If we don't win it won't be for the lack of invention this time. But it IS a big ask.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

rupert_pumpkin will become famous soon enough

not a huge fan of the egg chasing but even i can see the all blacks are a class above the lions
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:13 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Promised myself I wouldnt post on this thread...yeah right I just dont have the willpower to stay away
Guess theres no need to say who I think is going to win though is there...........MIB MIB MIB MIB

..............Sorry Shellie I just couldnt resist but definately hope its a good game & not too hard on your nerves
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shepslady
Promised myself I wouldnt post on this thread...yeah right I just dont have the willpower to stay away
Guess theres no need to say who I think is going to win though is there...........MIB MIB MIB MIB

..............Sorry Shellie I just couldnt resist but definately hope its a good game & not too hard on your nerves

LOL - good to see you here!! I am going to the circus with me kids whilst the match is on - kids first - and my nerves just can't take it!!! I will record it and watch it when I get home though. OH is going to friends house to watch it wih 'the boys' and my friend and I are off the visiting circus on water. No animals apparently so thats why I am going. Goota dash - today is as hectic as hell - as always, stop the madness I want to get off.....
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

lippy will become famous soon enough

At the end of the day it was hillarious when England beat the all blacks in the world cup.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 3:07 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lippy
At the end of the day it was hillarious when England beat the all blacks in the world cup.
Great if we were talking about the world cup here Lippy but what the heck does that have to do with this current Lions tour???? Nice to gloat while you can but think you should be darn grateful its not World Cup time now because you certainly wouldnt be looking good on recent form.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shepslady
Great if we were talking about the world cup here Lippy but what the heck does that have to do with this current Lions tour???? Nice to gloat while you can but think you should be darn grateful its not World Cup time now because you certainly wouldnt be looking good on recent form.
Hi Sheps

You definately beat us - fair and square - like I said in the other thread - the fat lady is definately singing WELL DONE. I'm still wearing my red with pride though - still got me photos of Jonny at the airport on me dressing table, and still dreaming about him.......

Lets not start argueing about the WC hey guys?? Still a few years to go to the next one - and a lot of things will have changed by then - the Welsh as a team are playing really well so lets keep an eye on them hey. I'll be supporting England when the time comes, good or bad, although half our family is welsh (OH's family are all very welsh).

Well done to the AB's, still gutted though

Mind you it is still nice to know we won the WC, it was a glorious moment in our household.

Sounds like you had a great b'day SHeps, and all the better for your team winning hey.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lippy
Not to be picky but Nz never actually lost to England in any World Cup. They did lose to Aus in the semi final, and Aus lost to England.

Nz has only lost World Cup matches against Aus (1991 and 2003), France (1999) and South Africa (1995) in the past...

Not that is necessarlily relevant...........
Old Jul 4th 2005, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Not to be picky but Nz never actually lost to England in any World Cup. They did lose to Aus in the semi final, and Aus lost to England.

Nz has only lost World Cup matches against Aus (1991 and 2003), France (1999) and South Africa (1995) in the past...

Not that is necessarlily relevant...........

You really are a new kiwi!! Its a process of elimination - NZ weren't good enough to make it to the final - hence they lost it!! End of story. Despite what some kiwis (and some new ones?) think - there ARE other countries that CAN play Rugby - and play well. NZ has only won it once - its slightly conceitied to think that England weren't the world cup winners and NZ should a been - when they lost to Ozzie - and we beat the Ozzie team?? I don't understand the difficulty some people still have with NZ not winning?? I guess it will be like to O'Driscoll affair - forever talked about at some level.

Also - although it probably not relevant - in the 3 meetings prior to the world cup England beat the AB's - here and at home - as well as every other major team in the world - and then went on to the world cup -

Not that its necessarily relevant though...........
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

You really are a new kiwi!! Its a process of elimination - NZ weren't good enough to make it to the final - hence they lost it!! End of story. Despite what some kiwis (and some new ones?) think - there ARE other countries that CAN play Rugby - and play well. NZ has only won it once - its slightly conceitied to think that England weren't the world cup winners and NZ should a been - when they lost to Ozzie - and we beat the Ozzie team?? I don't understand the difficulty some people still have with NZ not winning?? I guess it will be like to O'Driscoll affair - forever talked about at some level.

Also - although it probably not relevant - in the 3 meetings prior to the world cup England beat the AB's - here and at home - as well as every other major team in the world - and then went on to the world cup -

Not that its necessarily relevant though...........
Yep, Im not saying NZ were better than England in the last World Cup/ dererved to win.....and yes it is a sore point here that they havent won it since 1987,.....and yes Kiwis have a hard time accepting it when the All Blacks lose (they still believe they were poisoned in the 95 World Cup). They lost in 2003 and England won; no argument there...

Maybe its because I was born in South Africa that I felt a need to point out NZ lost the 95 World Cup final to SA..

I suppose i am not strictly British....from South Africa to Ireland to New Zealand, but there were no South Africa to Ireland to New Zealand Expat Forums I could find........
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newkiwi
Yep, Im not saying NZ were better than England in the last World Cup/ dererved to win.....and yes it is a sore point here that they havent won it since 1987,.....and yes Kiwis have a hard time accepting it when the All Blacks lose (they still believe they were poisoned in the 95 World Cup). They lost in 2003 and England won; no argument there...

Maybe its because I was born in South Africa that I felt a need to point out NZ lost the 95 World Cup final to SA..

I suppose i am not strictly British....from South Africa to Ireland to New Zealand, but there were no South Africa to Ireland to New Zealand Expat Forums I could find........
No arguments here about NZ losing to SA - SA team deserved that win too. I also agree with you about Kiwis having a hard accetping when they lost - in fact whenever they lose - ever! I am still depressed as hell at Lions losses but at the end of the day - they just weren't good enough.

Hey - you're an ex-pat - thats what the sites for
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:14 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

No arguments here about NZ losing to SA - SA team deserved that win too. I also agree with you about Kiwis having a hard accetping when they lost - in fact whenever they lose - ever! I am still depressed as hell at Lions losses but at the end of the day - they just weren't good enough.

Hey - you're an ex-pat - thats what the sites for
Sorry to disagree with you here. Please excuse me for my following comment but that is just pure utter BS. Please stop generalising, not all Kiwis have a problem with losing. Do you realise that to some of us losing is also part of the game. You win some, lose some & yes sometime losing is a bitter pill to swallow but its a fact of life & after a loss many of us move on knowing that we will live to fight another day etc.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, your depressed about The Lions losses Ive been an avid, loyal & passionate rugby fan for more than 30 years & can honestly say Ive never felt depressed by any loss. Yes even the losses at the World Cup havent depressed me. Disappointed me sure but thats it. I know we will get another chance at it again the next time round. Ok we might not win that one either but the fighting spirit will always be there. Cant believe thats your opinion of all Kiwis:scared: We might be feisty & fiercely loyal but we arent all bad losers & I for one object to being put in that catergory all the time. We might not have been good enough on the day & thats a fair call because if we were good enough we wouldnt have lost. I actually dont feel bad for myself, I feel the heartache for the players knowing how hard they work in the four years between World Cups to prepare for the next one only to perform badly & not make it through. If that makes me a sore loser then so be it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.