Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why is everyone trying to move to Christchurch..

Why is everyone trying to move to Christchurch..

Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:09 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why is everyone trying to move to Christchurch..

Stop it. I had to wait in a queue for a pint the other day ffs...
Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:30 pm
Banned

mikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to allmikesurf is a name known to all
Default Re: Why is everyone trying to move to Christchurch..

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
Stop it. I had to wait in a queue for a pint the other day ffs...
queueing for a kiwi pint? things must be desperate
Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:36 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikesurf
queueing for a kiwi pint? things must be desperate
no such thing as bad beer, just fussy expats..
Old Nov 26th 2012, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 26th 2012, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:31 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

"yeah right"

suppose if you were bought up on "muckee beaar" then anything will do
Attached Thumbnails Why is everyone trying to move to Christchurch..-newcastle-amber-ale-labels-newcastle-breweries-ltd_45574-1.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:36 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
"yeah right"

Stop it!! You can't ridicule a 'Bottle of Dog!'
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:01 pm
grumpy bugger

"yeah right"

You do realise amber ale was brewed for the ladies don't you?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise amber ale was brewed for the ladies don't you?
and I thought that they put it in the baby bottles in that part of the world? Or then the mammies just lactated it into their babies after it had passed the placenta for 9 months??

Not so bad for youse as the "dog". Sorry sir plug but never heard Amber Ale referred to as "dog"......

I take it that it's no longer brewed (well it wasn't when I applied for a job with Scottish & Newcastle in 91) and then I suppose there is less call for a ladies ale-related ward in the RVI?

the piccie was just like the one MrsL used to get Geordie kiddies to name and they always said "mucky beer".
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:24 pm
grumpy bugger

and I thought that they put it in the baby bottles in that part of the world? Or then the mammies just lactated it into their babies after it had passed the placenta for 9 months??

Not so bad for youse as the "dog". Sorry sir plug but never heard Amber Ale referred to as "dog"......

I take it that it's no longer brewed (well it wasn't when I applied for a job with Scottish & Newcastle in 91) and then I suppose there is less call for a ladies ale-related ward in the RVI?

the piccie was just like the one MrsL used to get Geordie kiddies to name and they always said "mucky beer".
We used to bottle amber in 91 (that was the year I started working for them, maybe I got your job!). No surprise they stopped making it soon after though, watery rubbish that it was.

'Start em young, give em junior beer' as Viz rightly pointed out...
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:18 pm
you dewty owld maan!

We used to bottle amber in 91 (that was the year I started working for them, maybe I got your job!). No surprise they stopped making it soon after though, watery rubbish that it was.

'Start em young, give em junior beer' as Viz rightly pointed out...
haha could be confused - was only guessing the year based on other stuff, but couldn't have been later than 94, when I started kickin ash....
maybe I am confusing the brewery trips with the interviews.......LOL....had plenty (of both), but not many jobs going on the production side back then
or maybe just mesmerised by the tale of how they got the gap in the top of the Brown Ale bottle
had second interviews down at Camerons in Hartlepool, with Bass down in Birmingham and Carlesberg Tetley in Burton
most of the breweries where we would have been based are no more, so not a terrible loss.....
miss the "perks" mind
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Camerons in Hartlepool
mmm I could do a nice pint of Strongarm.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:56 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
mmm I could do a nice pint of Strongarm.
sounds good but personally I fancy Banks' Bitter - Camerons were part of Wolverhampton and Dudley then - are they still now?
My FiL was a cooper at Hanson's in Dudley in the 60s, their last apprentice barrel maker.
Used to walk past that brewery on my way home from school - the smell of hops was fantastic.

Last I knew it was flatenned with an Aldi store on the site
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yo'm can forget yo'm thanksess. Oi'd rather have a pint of Banksess.

First Wolvo phrase I ever learnt. I even had a t-shirt.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 4:38 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yo'm can forget yo'm thanksess. Oi'd rather have a pint of Banksess.

First Wolvo phrase I ever learnt. I even had a t-shirt.
bostin fettle