Why does...???

Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why does...???

my guitar not make me sound like hendrix??? This is really getting to me.. i personally blame the air quality in new zealand affecting the sound waves. Could be that the water i drink is causing my skin to get a bit tight restricting the movement of my fingers. The other thought is that the scissors that i got from the 'red shed' are not cutting my nails straight enough causing buzzing and missed notes.

One thing i do know.. it's got nothing to do with me at all.... ever.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does...???

OMFG Priceless! I would give you karma, but I only just gave you some.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:22 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

How dare you - Warehouse is the best retailer ever, and we all know NZ water is the "Pure"ist in the world (why else would the advertising call NZ Pure).
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:51 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

bloody brilliant!!!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dustybin
my guitar not make me sound like hendrix??? This is really getting to me.. i personally blame the air quality in new zealand affecting the sound waves. Could be that the water i drink is causing my skin to get a bit tight restricting the movement of my fingers. The other thought is that the scissors that i got from the 'red shed' are not cutting my nails straight enough causing buzzing and missed notes.

I believe its to do with a combination of things, but mainly that you are in the Southern Hemisphere, so air/water/atoms/molecules/classic kiwi dip all spin the OTHER WAY ROUND from what you are used to, this has a major effect on many things, but certainly it has been proven to have a major effect on music production of most kinds.

Your guitar will simply "not sound good" because it is a Northern Hemisphere guitar, it needs to have all of the elements spinning the other way for it to work properly.

This explains why all decent music is made in the Northern Hemisphere and very little from down this part of the world.

The one main exception is Crowded House, they actually had to go back to basics and make their own guitars and instuments out of local southern hemisphere materials, mainly some No.6 wire, a bit of Paua, some Greenstone and some empty Speights bottles.

This Southern Hemisphere reverse spin issue also explains why you have to give way to traffic turning right
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:10 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to play it upside down and with your tongue, set fire to it, kneel down and pay homage with a scarf tied around your head. There's no gain without pain you know.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:33 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried using the scissors in the opposite hand?????