Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why choose NZ instead of Australia?

Why choose NZ instead of Australia?

Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:26 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Why choose NZ instead of Australia?

Can't think why?!?
Attached Thumbnails Why choose NZ instead of Australia?-aus.bmp  
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Re: Why choose NZ instead of Australia?

OK thats good
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

And hostile Platypusses
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeym
Can't think why?!?
Thats probably a big draw for many!! In lots of ways Oz is way 'sexier' than NZ, and in lots of ways NZ IS the poor cousin. I adored my 3 months in Oz..it has a vibe that NZ does not. BUT I could not live there for manifold reasons, the heat..Kate won't go, the silly distances one has to drive to get anywhere, the psyche of the averge Ozzer whilst well cool on a holiday basis I feel would wear thin on a life time basis. I know my limits!! Oz a striking awesome place for a wee while but not to live.

One mans meat aye? There are loads in Oz who can't imagine a holiday here let alone living here!!

Another point on a way more serious note is fresh water supply. Not something I thought about 5 years ago making the move but NZ is one of the most water rich countries in the world..making it a good place to live aye? Oz has lots of desalinated water and that's fine as it will do, but there's nothing quite like fresh water is there?? Basically I see Oz as a big country full of extremes. NZ is a little 'toned down' which suits me better.

Last edited by Genesis; Nov 6th 2009 at 6:37 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:46 am
Banned

jillyfar is an unknown quantity at this point

We plan to give new zealand a try and if it does not work out in the first 5 years move to australia.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 11th 2009 at 8:39 am. Reason: please note :troll
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jillyfar
We plan to give new zealand a try and if it does not work out in the first 5 years move to australia.
THink we'll be going to NZ now. We had applied for a PR visa for Australia back in October 2008 which was taking 10-12months at the time. We came over to Oz in June 2009 to travel round for a bit on a working holiday while we wait for the visa, but then in September this year Australian Immigration changed all the rules so our visa now isn't being processed until at least 2013!

We loved NZ when we traveled through it for a few weeks, and although its not as warm as Oz I would be happy to live there so most likely coming back to NZ in the new year.