Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

whos NOT welcome in nz

whos NOT welcome in nz

Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default whos NOT welcome in nz

well i am fast compiling a list of who is not welcome when we get there!!!

you know the type, the ones who only call you when they want something and theyve never even been to your house but youve had to go to theirs umpteen times,

in at number one is

my sister
2= her family
3=my brother
4=his family
5= june the loon ( AKA my poor excuse for a mum)

there are more but they are my main ones who under no circumstances would be welcome!!!

well rant over the pair of them (sis and bro) have made me feel like sh*t today,

fells better to get it off my chest wont go into detail, but i just wondered if the rest of you had your own lists of unwelcomes

gina
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

lisamnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whos NOT welcome in nz

My mother-in-law's not welcome, but unfortunately I don't have a choice!

I sympathise...

everyone else, I'm looking forward to coming to visit, but then I'm returning home rather than emigrating.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Rant away Gina! It doe's you good!

I am in a similar boat. Here's my list:

1) Youngest brother (Dole dossing waster)
2) Second youngest brother (Ditto above)
3) Insane trouble causing mother
4) In-laws but don't have a choice about them

Lou
xx
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I take it your relatives don't know about this forum (or do they) Could be you want them to read your posts then they will get the message.

June
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

i would tell em to their face if they ever bothered to come to my house
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

1. Ex wife
2. UK baliffs
3. Warrants officer
4. Next door neighbour (this side)
5. CSA
6. CID
7. Ex wife
8. Next door neighbour (that side)
9. Ex wifes family
10. Her across the street
11. Ex wifes solicitor
12. Next doors cat(cos it craps in my garden)
13. My little fellas teachers
14. My little fellas classmates
15. My little fellas classmates parents
16. My ex wife
17. The man from the Pru
18. Michael Fish
19. The tooth fairy
20 My ex Wife

Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malcoltom
1. Ex wife
2. UK baliffs
3. Warrants officer
4. Next door neighbour (this side)
5. CSA
6. CID
7. Ex wife
8. Next door neighbour (that side)
9. Ex wifes family
10. Her across the street
11. Ex wifes solicitor
12. Next doors cat(cos it craps in my garden)
13. My little fellas teachers
14. My little fellas classmates
15. My little fellas classmates parents
16. My ex wife
17. The man from the Pru
18. Michael Fish
19. The tooth fairy
20 My ex Wife

jour definately in the lead so far
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

I could have carried on but thought you would get tooooo bored.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

1 My brother- told me i was making the biggest mistake of my life having NEVER been to NZ. Bet he rings before 2011 when the rugby world cup is on.

2 My dad - who said that I might as well be dead as he`ll never see me again. Funnily enough , last week called his bluff by offering to come home if HE paid(He is a very wealthy man). He suddenly cheered up and changed the subject!!!!

Everyone else is welcome.

Ash
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

This is a bit of a mean-spirited thread....I wouldn't worry...they won't come but - come your first NZ Christmas with your nuclear family - you might just wish they could visit...just for a few hours.

If it helps any...emigrating seems to work best for those who don't feel particularly close to most of the folks they have left behind.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Mean spirited - but funny
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps any...emigrating seems to work best for those who don't feel particularly close to most of the folks they have left behind.[/QUOTE]

Very, very true, I guess I love my kin but we are not as close as we were and we just seem to wind each other up these days. Great to be in NZ!!! I am sure they feel the same!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

If it helps any...emigrating seems to work best for those who don't feel particularly close to most of the folks they have left behind.[/quote]

Thats me buggered then ,im really close to all my family. and am dreading leaving my daughter and grandson behind. The only person i wouldnt want to see is ex husband, but as my son is coming with us i suppose he will want to visit his son.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
If it helps any...emigrating seems to work best for those who don't feel particularly close to most of the folks they have left behind.
Thats me buggered then ,im really close to all my family. and am dreading leaving my daughter and grandson behind. The only person i wouldn't want to see is ex husband, but as my son is coming with us i suppose he will want to visit his son. [/QUOTE]

I'm sufficiently close to mine (small family) to be glad I am not here permanently. The distance is an issue because even if you can afford the fares, do you always want to take up the leave, you feel a bit like a fish out of water back home when you no longer have a UK property or as in my case it is rented out, so you can't stay there (all contents in NZ anyway!)...pray tell why are you leaving if you are so close to people...what will the gain be?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gina and danny
well i am fast compiling a list of who is not welcome when we get there!!!

you know the type, the ones who only call you when they want something

gina
Yep. My 2 sisters. It usually happens during school holidays when one of them doesn't know what to do with her kids and the the other one only calls when her OH has been on the p**s and she gets out of the house cos he's got a hangover, or because he is still out on the p**s!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.