British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/whos-already-clutched-their-hotties-fess-up-749935/)

BEVS Feb 27th 2012 11:53 pm

Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up!

I think we can all agree that this NZ summer didn't do it for many of us & my extremities have already detected that Autumnal nip in the air.

You know the sort of thing. That moment when getting out of the shower becomes a touch arduous . That moment when you consider going to bed with the socksies on. When you open the oven door whilst cooking tea and think toasty.

'Fess up. It's too early for the wood burner , so who's dug out the old hot water bottles & sofa blankies ?

MrsFychan Feb 28th 2012 12:05 am

Re: Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up!

never put mine away :D

MrsFychan Feb 28th 2012 12:06 am

we went looking in Bunnings over the weekend for some heaters for the rental, so upset they haven't starting stocking them yet. :( was hoping to get in before the prices go up anyone know of places that would stock them now?

love30stm Feb 28th 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9924355)
I think we can all agree that this NZ summer didn't do it for many of us & my extremities have already detected that Autumnal nip in the air.

You know the sort of thing. That moment when getting out of the shower becomes a touch arduous . That moment when you consider going to bed with the socksies on. When you open the oven door whilst cooking tea and think toasty.

'Fess up. It's too early for the wood burner , so who's dug out the old hot water bottles & sofa blankies ?

I've got my socks on today :)

burbschook Feb 28th 2012 1:51 am

Woke up in the early hours with cold feet & very hot lower back. The rat (aka little terrier) had rucked up the duvet & was soundo against my back. So it must be getting close now.

theghostofdustybin Feb 28th 2012 2:49 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9924370)
we went looking in Bunnings over the weekend for some heaters for the rental, so upset they haven't starting stocking them yet. :( was hoping to get in before the prices go up anyone know of places that would stock them now?

trademe is your friend..

sirplug Feb 28th 2012 4:32 am

Harden up, people!!! I'm still in my shorts and go to bed at night with the fan blowing!

lisamct Feb 28th 2012 6:29 am

No socks yet but do have a cardi on tonight.
Will need to resort to socks (and other clothes of course!) if I get called out at 3am though..brrr.

love30stm Feb 28th 2012 6:47 am

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 9924625)
Harden up, people!!! I'm still in my shorts and go to bed at night with the fan blowing!

perhaps you need to shed some weight the flab is keeping you warm ;)

sirplug Feb 28th 2012 7:00 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 9924743)
perhaps you need to shed some weight the flab is keeping you warm ;)

As a man in the peak of physical fitness and a 34" waist (with Abs) I'll be losing no more weight, thankyou!:sneaky::D

MrsFychan Feb 28th 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 9924755)
As a man in the peak of physical fitness and a 34" waist (with Abs) I'll be losing no more weight, thankyou!:sneaky::D

Picture required :tounge_smile:

love30stm Feb 28th 2012 7:29 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9924786)

ooooooh I secnd that ;) ;)

DandJMay Feb 28th 2012 7:39 am

Down here in Invers I am still walkingaround without a coat or jumper on, and have been since end of November :thumbsup:

sirplug Feb 28th 2012 7:55 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9924786)

But....I'm shy!! :p

love30stm Feb 28th 2012 8:38 am

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 9924822)
But....I'm shy!! :p

Hmmm sure you are no profile pic says it all :p