Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whoops....there goes the outdoor lifestyle

Whoops....there goes the outdoor lifestyle

Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whoops....there goes the outdoor lifestyle

Nah, not that bad. But if you are wary of where to swim in the UK you better be wary here too:

Ministry of the Environment

NZHerald

Always check the current conditions before swimming!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Whoops....there goes the outdoor lifestyle

Regardless of the ( probably intended) negative slant of this thread, the idea of grading beaches & water quality is a good one. There has been blue flag around for years.

Looking at the gradings it's not all good news for some waters. There again it isn't all bad news either is it , so I'm not sure why you have written "there goes the outdoor lifestyle"

In fact, when I look further at the link and click on through to my area Tasman , it seems pretty darn good so I think our summer activities will be safe enough.

disclaimer: Weather bombs with associated slides & flash floods notwithstanding.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:55 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Assanah
Nah, not that bad. But if you are wary of where to swim in the UK you better be wary here too:

Ministry of the Environment

NZHerald

Always check the current conditions before swimming!
You must google everyday to see what negative post you can put about NZ

Anyway don't go in the sea and dont intend to anytime in the future, outside Lifestyle for me is wallking, jogging, sitting outside cafe with friends, BBQ in summer with wine and friends, swimming in a outside pool, spending time on my huge garden with family and friends etc etc ....
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so what can I take as "no longer monitored" ? that they were doing it but constantly ok ?

so in Greater Wellington we have about 10 with Go (and enjoy) and then loads not monitored any more
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:10 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

OP must get a "thrill" every time she post this type of stuff.

Sad really.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Catchafire
OP must get a "thrill" every time she post this type of stuff.

Sad really.
Agree
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be in the sea & on the sea when the weather warms up a wee bit. Heck, I spent many a summer in the sea at St.Anne's just south of Blackpool .
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I shall be in the sea & on the sea when the weather warms up a wee bit. Heck, I spent many a summer in the sea at St.Anne's just south of Blackpool .
I like the Sea Warm! only been in the sea on Holiday in Europe
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:41 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! Swimming, being the only outdoor activity in NZ, is buggered! What will you all do? Should you all up sticks and move now? Or is it too late?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I like the Sea Warm! only been in the sea on Holiday in Europe
So do I, it's lovely up here Jan/Feb time.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:01 pm

So do I, it's lovely up here Jan/Feb time.
To be honest im not one for going on or in the Sea, only in the mediterranian

where are you in NZ? i forgot
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

To be honest im not one for going on or in the Sea, only in the mediterranian

where are you in NZ? i forgot
Whangaparaoa Peninsula, north of Auckland.

The Med is a sea
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:14 pm

Whangaparaoa Peninsula, north of Auckland.

The Med is a sea
oh a nice area i bet

and you know what i meant!!

in my younger days i went in the sea, nowdays a no!!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

oh a nice area i bet

and you know what i meant!!
I likes it. Lots of lovely beaches to choose from on the Peninsula & if we get bored of those we can head a little further north & there's more! We are spoiled for choice really.

Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:18 pm

I likes it. Lots of lovely beaches to choose from on the Peninsula & if we get bored of those we can head a little further north & there's more! We are spoiled for choice really.

Lucky you, sounds great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.